1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 09:54
    I know this has been kicked around before, but I just wanted to gain a view of those here who think that people who are not a member of your faith go to an eternal hell.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 10:211 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I know this has been kicked around before, but I just wanted to gain a view of those here who think that people who are not a member of your faith go to an eternal hell.
    There is eternal destruction ie souls destroyed forever in the lake of fire. The idea of eternal torment or hell is not compatible with Bible doctrine.

There will be many from all of humanity of all religions not just Christianity who will be welcomed into the Kingdom. God is not mocked, a man cannot worship with his mouth, then proceed to do evil and still get eternal life. Neither is God unjust that a man lives righteously, humbly and charitably and is not rewarded in the Kingdom to come.

Judgment day as described in Matt 25 applies to all of humanity of all ages and all religions. Those who have done good works are rewarded with eternal life in the Kingdom to come. Those who have done evil will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 11:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There is eternal destruction ie souls destroyed forever in the lake of fire. The idea of eternal torment or hell is not compatible with Bible doctrine.

There will be many from all of humanity of all religions not just Christianity who will be welcomed into the Kingdom. God is not mocked, a man cannot worship with his mouth, then proceed to do evil and sti ...[text shortened]... nal life in the Kingdom to come. Those who have done evil will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
    What exactly is a lake of fire actually required for? ... why cannot your god just will these souls out of existence!? Are souls like the one ring or something (where in this case not even deities can destroy the things without fire)?? and are they flammable?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 11:56
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What exactly is a lake of fire actually required for? ... why cannot your god just will these souls out of existence!? Are souls like the one ring or something (where in this case not even deities can destroy the things without fire)?? and are they flammable?
    its a symbol of destruction, eternal destruction, its gonna be roasty toasty for you Agers 😵
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 11:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Regardless of what the Bible says there are those like yourself who would find a way to criticize. If method A is used, you would say why cant God use method B. If the Bible said two methods A and B would be used then you would say that methods C and D are better .. what cannot God use those.

Either way .. there are no answers to your questions.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:02

There will be many from all of humanity of all religions not just Christianity who will be welcomed into the Kingdom. God is not mocked, a man cannot worship with his mouth, then proceed to do evil and sti ...[text shortened]... nal life in the Kingdom to come. Those who have done evil will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
    "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
    (Matthew 24:46 NASB)

Is hell conscious, continual, eternal punishment?
    YouTube

Why Hell Must Be Eternal
    YouTube

The Instructor
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4AqFaUDnY

Why Hell Must Be Eternal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jkaEXdLXls

The Instructor
    you'll be smokin like a kipper
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:191 edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4AqFaUDnY

Why Hell Must Be Eternal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jkaEXdLXls

The Instructor
    That's Matt 25:46. Did you also accept what Christ said about who gets eternal life? Those with Faith? What did Christ say .. Read it !

It is a very important rule of understanding what gives eternal life [as opposed to understanding the Bible like a Bible scholar] .. and that rule is that Christ has the words of eternal life. Christ is the way and the truth and His words are the words of salvation :

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

The doctrine of Christ stands head and shoulders above all of the rest of the Bible. But that's another topic. As far as hell and destruction is concerned Christ said:

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Body and soul are KILLED. Forget the Youtube videos .. Listen to Christ.
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:35

So presumably there is brief suffering in this lake before the final end? If so, to what purpose? If not, why bother describing the lake?

--- Penguin.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:361 edit
    That's Matt 25:46. Did you also accept what Christ said about who gets eternal life? Those with Faith? What did Christ say .. Read it !

It is a very important rule of understanding what gives eternal life [as opposed to understanding the Bible like a Bible scholar] .. and that rule is that Christ has the words of eternal life. Christ is the way and the dy in hell. [/i]

Body and soul are KILLED. Forget the Youtube videos .. Listen to Christ.
    Yes, Matthew 25:46 -- I just mistyped. If eternal punishment ends then eternal life must end too according to your reasoning. And no, I am not going to forget the videos, because they make more sense than you do. And that verse you quoted from Jesus is explained better too.

The Instructor
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:55
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]There is eternal destruction ie souls destroyed forever in the lake of fire. The idea of eternal torment or hell is not compatible with Bible doctrine.

So presumably there is brief suffering in this lake before the final end? If so, to what purpose? If not, why bother describing the lake?

--- Penguin.[/b]
    The purpose I think is that punishment and destruction is something to be feared. Its should serve as an incentive to live so that you can avoid it. Those who claim that this punishment lasts for all eternity I suspect don't appreciate the magnitude of eternity. I read on poster say that they will be punished for 1000 years and he still called that eternity when clearly 1000 yrs or even 1,000,000 yrs is still not eternity.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 12:59
    The purpose I think is that punishment and destruction is something to be feared. Its should serve as an incentive to live so that you can avoid it. Those who claim that this punishment lasts for all eternity I suspect don't appreciate the magnitude of eternity. I read on poster say that they will be punished for 1000 years and he still called that eternity when clearly 1000 yrs or even 1,000,000 yrs is still not eternity.
    Have you gave food and drink to all the hungry and thirsty you have ever come across? Have you taken every stranger you ever came in contact in to your house? Have you provide clothing to all that needed clothes that you know? Have you visited every prisoner or sick person that you know? If not then aren't you in danger of eternal punishment according to Jesus. Do you want to be judged by those standards? Or perhaps you would settle for grace instead.

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 13:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you'll be smokin like a kipper
    Why? Exactly please.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 13:12
    Yes, Matthew 25:46 -- I just mistyped. If eternal punishment ends then eternal life must end too according to your reasoning. And no, I am not going to forget the videos, because they make more sense than you do. And that verse you quoted from Jesus is explained better too.

The Instructor
    I guess you are a follower of men. Good luck to you pal.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 13:13
    Have you gave food and drink to all the hungry and thirsty you have ever come across? Have you taken every stranger you ever came in contact in to your house? Have you provide clothing to all that needed clothes that you know? Have you visited every prisoner or sick person that you know? If not then aren't you in danger of eternal punishment according to ...[text shortened]... be judged by those standards? Or perhaps you would settle for grace instead.

The Instructor
    No need to post this in this thread. You already posted it in the correct place. You are very childish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree