1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 09:061 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Someone told someone else that a guy claiming to be the son of a
    supernatural being said there is a hell. You believe someone(1) and
    someone(2) and the "guy" based on piece of cloth dated to the Middle Ages.

Naïve - is the word that comes to mind.

I would advise you not to buy anything from door-to-door salesmen or the
    internet before running it by a responsible adult.

The Educator 😏
    Yes it's posts like that, which allow the 'curtain' to flap open a bit don't they. He's a fake Christian who's flaming just goes one step too far every now are then. If I'm ever proved wrong I will apologise.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 11:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I know this has been kicked around before, but I just wanted to gain a view of those here who think that people who are not a member of your faith go to an eternal hell.
    I believe scripture that says Jesus is the Way, Truth, Life and not one comes
    to God except through Him. I'll let Jesus sort out who belongs to Him, I do
    not know people's hearts well enough to tell the difference. I know it says
    by people's lives *their fruit* we will know, from there I could guess, but it
    would be a guess not knowledge on my part.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 23:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You just noticed that?
    But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

(Matthew 19:14 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 23:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What did you think of the commentary abut hell in the link I posted?
    It was funny, but I did not see where it was a commentary about hell.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 00:312 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Someone told someone else that a guy claiming to be the son of a
    supernatural being said there is a hell. You believe someone(1) and
    someone(2) and the "guy" based on piece of cloth dated to the Middle Ages.

Naïve - is the word that comes to mind.

I would advise you not to buy anything from door-to-door salesmen or the
    internet before running it by a responsible adult.

The Educator 😏
    As you should know the dating was done from a repaired corner of the Shroud which had a mixture of the original linen cloth spliced together by cotton threads that were dyed to look the same as the original. This was not discovered until after the carbon-14 dating was completed. So that dating is invalid.

HELL ACCORDING TO JESUS CHRIST!

YouTube

[b]If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. [b]

(Matthew 5:29-30 NKJV)

Matthew was a disciple and eye-witness who wrote down what he saw and heard.

I can give more, but I will let you counter that. Can you?

The Instructor
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 01:31
    First a musical interlude - What A Friend We Have In Jesus -

YouTube&list=RD02z36ifo5PYwE
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 21:145 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As you should know the dating was done from a repaired corner of the Shroud which had a mixture of the original linen cloth spliced together by cotton threads that were dyed to look the same as the original. This was not discovered until after the carbon-14 dating was completed. So that dating is invalid.

HELL ACCORDING TO JESUS CHRIST!

http://www.yo ...[text shortened]... saw and heard.

I can give more, but I will let you counter that. Can you?

The Instructor
    I'm sure the Church of England made some statement that hell doesn't exist, despite what the Bible says. I don't believe in a biblical hell, people can make hell on earth, but not in the afterlife. It must stem from wanting justice, appropriate punishment for evil. I think the Hindus have the later concept.

Call this eccentric but I think if you tell a person they will go to hell or heaven you could seed the idea in their head for when they die ... imagine being told you'll burn in hell and can't get that idea out of your head when your dying. I think that's the closest, but hell on earth yes, war is hell, the worst of human nature is hell.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 02:23
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I\'m sure the Church of England made some statement that hell doesn\'t exist, despite what the Bible says. I don\'t believe in a biblical hell, people can make hell on earth, but not in the afterlife. It must stem from wanting justice, appropriate punishment for evil. I think the Hindus have the later concept.

Call this eccentric but I think if you tell a pe ...[text shortened]... think that\'s the closest, but hell on earth yes, war is hell, the worst of human nature is hell.
    All I can say for sure is that Jesus believed in it and it seems to be place or state of being that is opposite of what I would wish for if I could live eternally.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    24 Sep '13 13:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Neither is God unjust that a man lives righteously, humbly and charitably and is not rewarded in the Kingdom to come.

Judgment day as described in Matt 25 applies to all of humanity of all ages and all religions. Those who have done good works are rewarded with eternal life in the Kingdom to come. Those who have done evil will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
    so you can live righteously, humbly and be charitable, but if you haven't done "good works" you won't go to heaven?

what are good works?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree