1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 14:21
    We being the human race. So when statements arise like 'Oh so you think you know the mind of GOD'? and so forth, YES WE DO because we made up everything about it. We made it jealous, spiteful, why, just like a god should be. According to the theists here anyway.

The truth is, a god, a REAL god would be so far above us from its perspective humans would be on the same plane as ants and therefore this god would NEVER have made statements like a man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 35.

What really gets me is NO theist can see this as a human attribute which just coincidentally is stuck to a god.

You can't see this as something man made.

That just shows the power of the programming inherent in the Abrahamic religions.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 14:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We being the human race. So when statements arise like 'Oh so you think you know the mind of GOD'? and so forth, YES WE DO because we made up everything about it. We made it jealous, spiteful, why, just like a god should be. According to the theists here anyway.

The truth is, a god, a REAL god would be so far above us from its perspective humans would be ...[text shortened]... man made.

That just shows the power of the programming inherent in the Abrahamic religions.
    If God drew with a #2 pencil, would it look like a water color painting?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If a REAL god drew with a # 2, a whole universe would pop up. Of course that never happened so it is just another example of wishful thinking.

For instance, if there was a REAL god monitoring humans, do you seriously think it would allow people to be killed by the millions, literally millions, over religious wars?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 15:13

The truth is, a god, a REAL god would be so far above us from its perspective humans would be ...[text shortened]... man made.

God is real! That being said, it takes faith to believe in God. I realize i have an advantage over many, on "knowing" God. There are very few like me. I am not bragging, it is the truth. I have been in the Presence of the Eternal Father. Face to face you might say. I have stood before God, defending a sinner from damnation, arguing the piont. "if his sin is so great, give it to me, and i will take his place". I know you don't know me, no one here does. They think they know me, but then they think they know God too. You just don't realize how far reaching His love really is.

Yes we are less that grains of sand in comparrison with the Glory of God. It isn't what we think, it is all about what God thinks. He created us. He wants us to love, live, enjoy life. He wants us to think for ourselves. He would love it if we knew Him. But He is not condemning if you do not. Something the christains have forgotten.

God doesn't look at us, the way We think He should. We look in the mirror and become our own worst critics. God looks at us, and sees the greatest potential we could become. He loves us for who we are.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 15:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It would look any way He wanted it to look. He is God.

Stop putting God in a convenient box. You are thinking in a 2 dementional pattern
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 18:11
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    It would look any way He wanted it to look. He is God.

Stop putting God in a convenient box. You are thinking in a 2 dementional pattern
    Perhaps it is dementional after all🙂
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 22:43
    The truth is, a god, a REAL god would be so far above us from its perspective humans would be on the same plane as ants and therefore this god would NEVER have made statements like a man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 35.

What really gets me is NO theist can see this as a human attribute which just coincidentally is stuck to a god.

So now you understand what a "REAL" god is like? Really? Oh yeah, because you have soooo much experience actually *believing* in a god.
    When will you put aside your vanity and realize that WE were made in GOD's image, not the other way around? What you call human attributes are actually godly attributes. HE doesn't have HUMAN attributes, WE have GODLY attributes, like it or not.
    Actually, it just shows the 'power' of wishful thinking.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Dec '13 22:45
    God is real! That being said, it takes faith to believe in God. I realize i have an advantage over many, on "knowing" God. There are very few like me. I am not bragging, it is the truth. I have been in the Presence of the Eternal Father. Face to face you might say. I have stood before God, defending a sinner from damnation, arguing the piont. "if his sin is ...[text shortened]... s. God looks at us, and sees the greatest potential we could become. He loves us for who we are.
    I want some of what you're having, mon.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So now you understand what a "REAL" god is like? Really? Oh yeah, because you have soooo much experience actually *belie ...[text shortened]... rent in the Abrahamic religions.[/quote]Actually, it just shows the 'power' of wishful thinking.
    You don't have to 'believe' in a god to know when it is man made.

Let me reiterate, a real god would be so far above humans this god would see humans and ants as equal in some ways. Therefore, ANY HUMAN WILL BE SEEN EXACTLY THE SAME in this god's 'eye'.

Can you get that perspective?

There would be no such thing as a 'jealous' god. That is a HUMAN attribute just ASSIGNED to your so-called god.

The idea that a real god could be JEALOUS of the worship habits of humans is so preposterous as to be really funny. A joke on humanity made by other humans.

There would be no such thing as a real god going a man is worth 50 and a woman 35 since men and women would be seen as exactly equal in this god's 'eye'.

Saying such a thing just proves the man made nature of your god.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 15:32
    You don't have to 'believe' in a god to know when it is man made.

Let me reiterate, a real god would be so far above humans this god would see humans and ants as equal in some ways. Therefore, ANY HUMAN WILL BE SEEN EXACTLY THE SAME in this god's 'eye'.

Can you get that perspective?

There would be no such thing as a 'jealous' god. That is a HUMAN ...[text shortened]... y equal in this god's 'eye'.

Saying such a thing just proves the man made nature of your god.
    How can you not see how much more wonderfully made humans are compared to ants? God gave us dominion over all the other creatures. God came in human form in order to save us from our sins. Doesn't that prove how much more God cares for us humans than ants?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 22:39
    I have stood before God, defending a sinner from damnation, arguing the piont. "if his sin is so great, give it to me, and i will take his place".
    What is the point of arguing with a god that already
    knows all your arguments, knows what you are going
    to say, knows what he will do and ... need I go on?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What is the point of arguing with a god that already
    knows all your arguments, knows what you are going
    to say, knows what he will do and ... need I go on?
    That's pretty much the point, yeah.

Atheists do it all the time, though.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 23:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How can you not see how much more wonderfully made humans are compared to ants? God gave us dominion over all the other creatures. God came in human form in order to save us from our sins. Doesn't that prove how much more God cares for us humans than ants?
    All it proves is your arrogance.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 23:26
    If a REAL god drew with a # 2, a whole universe would pop up. Of course that never happened so it is just another example of wishful thinking.

For instance, if there was a REAL god monitoring humans, do you seriously think it would allow people to be killed by the millions, literally millions, over religious wars?
    You're missing my point.

You attempted to paint God as antiquated, archaic on the basis of the civil laws found in the first five books of the Bible--- without a single consideration of who those first five books were written for!

If I told a person in 1980 that I would give them a gigabyte for their house, I'd essentially told them their house was worth $193,000.
    Flash forward thirty years, now that house is worth... $0.07.
    Which deal are they more inclined to take?
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '13 23:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's pretty much the point, yeah.

Atheists do it all the time, though.
    We never argue with gods.

We argue with theists telling us about gods.

Can you not see the difference?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree