God's Defense Lawyers

God's Defense Lawyers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by chaney3
I think that our Bible is BS. There is no way that our Creator would act so childish, vengeful, and immature. Our Bible is false, and man made.
Well then, I direct you to my very first post on this thread in reply to your OP:

"These accusations you are making relate to elements of religious ideology that have been created by people and added to and believed in for millennia. They are stories and ideas. People should never be prosecuted or punished for ideas or beliefs, unless they result in the commission of crimes or they are used to urge others to commit crimes."

If the "Bible is false, and man made", how on earth can you propose to prosecute a God figure or notion of God that you concede is false and man made?

c

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The Ghost awaits your question. Make it a good one...
Is it possible that Christians are wrong about their Bible?

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

FMF, you have never proclaimed your belief here. You said "Like me, you aren't a Christian then". What is your belief FMF.

Bump for FMF.......on his belief. I have asked about 11 times now.
Start a thread about it. You are simply using the question to deflect from on-topic questions here ~ and my questions, you will note, reveal clearly how my beliefs relate to your OP and have done so page after page.

Moves
25 Jun 15

Is it possible that Christians are wrong about their Bible?
Yes.

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by chaney3 on page 1
You are truly talking babble here.
See my post at the top of page 8.

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by chaney3 on page 2
Your original comments made no sense, and still don't. I have asked why theists need to try to defend God, when He is clearly not a client who can be defended. Your comments, all of them, pertain nothing to this question. Nothing.
See my post at the top of page 8.

c

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
Well then, I direct you to my very first post on this thread in reply to your OP:

"These accusations you are making relate to elements of religious ideology that have been created by people and added to and believed in for millennia. They are stories and ideas. People should never be prosecuted or punished for ideas or beliefs, unless they result in the commi ...[text shortened]... n you propose to prosecute a God figure or notion of God that you concede is false and man made?
Not once have you declared your belief FMF. I will consider you a fraud until you do so. Are you a Christian, or an atheist? Or, are you something else? Answer it FMF, because I will follow you in every single thread until you answer. You already said that your children or grandchildren received communion......catholics? Answer FMF.

c

Moves
25 Jun 15

Yes.
One more question.

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

The 'God' that loves me would NOT hold my eternity in balance depending on my belief in His child. And, based on your posts, I am SURE that you believe the same. We are arguing over the same belief?
1.Where and when were these things supposedly revealed to you ~ by which I mean, the "love" you mentioned, and the "eternity", the notion of there being a quid pro quo of some kind. and the stuff about Him and "His child"?

I think that our Bible is BS. There is no way that our Creator would act so childish, vengeful, and immature. Our Bible is false, and man made.

2.In what way do you claim has the "true" nature [for you] of your "Creator" supposedly been revealed to you?

3. if you believe that "There is no way that our Creator would act so childish, vengeful, and immature", with what justification do you criticize and insult divegeester for having strong beliefs on the matter "eternal torture"?

Moves
25 Jun 15

One more question.
Years ago i was short of cash and was rushing around everywhere trying to get some money together. In desperation i found myself looking down the back of the sofa and considering gambling what little money i did have. I remember sitting quite deflated on a park bench, when a gust of wind blew a 20 pound note that literally stuck to my forehead. The moral of this story, sometimes the more you look for something the more it eludes you. Sometimes it is better just to calm yourself and let the thing you are searching for find you.

I don't know if God exists, but if he does then he is an infinite being, far beyond the understanding of a finite mind. My advice would be to keep your faith and let him find you.

But sure, ask away.

F

Moves
25 Jun 15

Answer it FMF, because I will follow you in every single thread until you answer..
It would seem, from your performance on this thread, that you could read every single thread that I have ever contributed to, and every single thread in the future, and still not have a clue. Meanwhile, your own thread is in ruins because you felt the need to dodge almost all comments and questions addressed to its OP and your subsequent posts 😛

c

Moves
25 Jun 15

Years ago i was short of cash and was rushing around everywhere trying to get some money together. In desperation i found myself looking down the back of the sofa and considering gambling what little money i did have. I remember sitting quite deflated on a park bench, when a gust of wind blew a 20 pound note that literally stuck to my forehead. The m ...[text shortened]... finite mind. My advice would be to keep your faith and let him find you.

But sure, ask away.
Ghost, you just said "I don't know if God exists". I would like to know if you think it is possible that God exists. Is it possible that God exists Ghost?

c

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
It would seem, from your performance on this thread, that you could read every single thread that I have ever contributed to, and every single thread in the future, and still not have a clue. Meanwhile, your own thread is in ruins because you felt the need to dodge almost all comments and questions addressed to its OP and your subsequent posts 😛
Are you crazy? You have been the most obtuse person on this site. You criticize everyone else, and never claim anything for your own. Only when you face your fears will I be interested in your puny beliefs.

Moves
25 Jun 15

Ghost, you just said "I don't know if God exists". I would like to know if you think it is possible that God exists. Is it possible that God exists Ghost?
At this current point in my life i do not believe that God exists. (And i don't make this statement lightly, as have studied the subject at length). I am however always open to possibilities, but it would require some first hand experience for me to believe in the existence of God. There is no book or human being who could ever move me away from my atheism. I would have to encounter God directly.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
Actually, I reckon he's drunk. Didn't he admit it at one point?
I wouldn't doubt it. I especially like how chaney says our Bible is BS. Maybe he's some kind of an expert.