1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:20
    Originally posted by josephw
    Looks like FMF got a hold of the tail of a tiger. lol Hilarious!
    Actually, I reckon he's drunk. Didn't he admit it at one point?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:23
    Originally posted by chaney3
    There should be no doubt that in the Bible, God commits evil acts that would in human standards, require an attorney. Atheists point out these evil acts to believers, and believers come to God's defense as a lawyer would. The problem is that believers in God are dealing with a dilemma: God, should be taking a plea bargain, because He is guilty.
    Unless you really think "God" did those things and if you are not accusing humans of doing them under their own steam, then you are seeking to prosecute mythology and figures in stories, and therefore: ideas and beliefs. I think it's a non starter.

"Evil" is perpetrated by humans. Their ideologies might perhaps explain their motivation or who their selected victims are, but it is humans who must be prosecuted for their actions, and not for the contents of their thoughts and imagination.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have written more than 37,000 posts on these forums and probably 27,000 on this Spirituality Forum alone over the last however many years it's been. If you've "followed closely" any significant number of them then you'll know pretty much what my take is on theist ideologies as well as what my own beliefs are.
    You may think that means something, but it doesn't. I am asking now, for myself and the possible new reader who wants to know who you are. I have seen you ask Lemonlime a thousand times if he believes in the hell of eternity. So, are you a Christian? Are you a Catholic or a JW? How dare you challenge me in a very well thought out post, when you won't declare how you believe.

Bump for FMF.......what is your belief? Do you believe in God FMF? Are you an atheist FMF? It was amusing to read your previous posts, but now, you are just another annoyance to someone who seeks answers. Stop ruining my thread, I am looking for answers.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:29
    You may think that means something, but it doesn't. I am asking now, for myself and the possible new reader who wants to know who you are. I have seen you ask Lemonlime a thousand times if he believes in the hell of eternity. So, are you a Christian? Are you a Catholic or a JW? How dare you challenge me in a very well thought out post, when you won't declare how you believe.
    My beliefs in so far as they pertain to your OP and your reactions to my responses, and in so far as you need to know, are clearly laid out in my posts on this thread so far.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:30
    Bump for FMF.......what is your belief? Do you believe in God FMF? Are you an atheist FMF? It was amusing to read your previous posts, but now, you are just another annoyance to someone who seeks answers. Stop ruining my thread, I am looking for answers.
    Why not just address directly my comments and observations about your OP?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not just address directly my comments and observations about your OP?
    Your original comments made no sense, and still don't. I have asked why theists need to try to defend God, when He is clearly not a client who can be defended. Your comments, all of them, pertain nothing to this question. Nothing.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:41
    Your original comments made no sense, and still don't. I have asked why theists need to try to defend God, when He is clearly not a client who can be defended. Your comments, all of them, pertain nothing to this question. Nothing.
    You can't find mythological figures and imagined supernatural beings "guilty" of atrocities, even if they are cited as the inspiration felt by human "a-holes and terrorists". "Evil" acts are carried out by humans and humans are responsible for them.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually, I reckon he's drunk. Didn't he admit it at one point?
    I am not drunk. I am pointing out a flaw to the 'Bible' question. It seems that the Bible is full of evil that mankind cannot 'defend'. Atheists have a valid point to make, and it is only when theists make a ridiculous defense for God, that they seem to be grasping at straws.

Nobody can know for sure who God is........nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:46
    I am not drunk. I am pointing out a flaw to the 'Bible' question. It seems that the Bible is full of evil that mankind cannot 'defend'. Atheists have a valid point to make, and it is only when theists make a ridiculous defense for God, that they seem to be grasping at straws.

Nobody can know for sure who God is........nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well unless you happen to be an ancient Hebrew, what reason do you have for believing the God figure in the Old Testament is real?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well unless you happen to be an ancient Hebrew, what reason do you have for believing the God figure in the Old Testament is real?
    FMF......I don't. That is the entire point of my thread. I believe in a Creator, but, I am beginning to think that my Creator is completely different than the 'God' of the Bible. That was my entire point of this thread. I have read these posts, and it seems clear to me that the Bible may be flawed. The 'God' that loves me would NOT hold my eternity in balance depending on my belief in His child. And, based on your posts, I am SURE that you believe the same. We are arguing over the same belief?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:01
    FMF......I don't. That is the entire point of my thread. I believe in a Creator, but, I am beginning to think that my Creator is completely different than the 'God' of the Bible.
    With a potentially infinite number of religionist ideologies to choose from, why do you feel there is any onus whatsoever on you to believe the God depicted in ancient Hebrew religious literature is the "Creator" you believe in?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:05
    The 'God' that loves me would NOT hold my eternity in balance depending on my belief in His child.
    Where and when were these things supposedly revealed to you ~ by which I mean, the "love" you mentioned, and the "eternity", the notion of there being a quid pro quo of some kind. and the stuff about Him and "His child"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    With a potentially infinite number of religionist ideologies to choose from, why do you feel there is any onus whatsoever on you to believe the God depicted in ancient Hebrew religious literature is the "Creator" you believe in?
    That is the entire point. Are you an idiot? Theists try to defend God, when God cannot be defended, as I said 25 posts ago. You are detracting from my OP, and I would like to hear from others. Your opinion means nothing, since you will not declare how you believe one way or another. Your kids complete communion, and you act like an atheist, I have no idea what you believe.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:09
    That is the entire point. Are you an idiot? Theists try to defend God, when God cannot be defended, as I said 25 posts ago.
    So you don't believe the "God" you are accusing of this that and the other, in your OP, actually exists?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:12
    There should be no doubt that in the Bible, God commits evil acts that would in human standards, require an attorney. Atheists point out these evil acts to believers, and believers come to God's defense as a lawyer would. The problem is that believers in God are dealing with a dilemma: God, should be taking a plea bargain, because He is guilty.

Without ...[text shortened]... f law for the evil He lays out on mankind in our Bible. Hitler did nothing compared to our God.
    You are probably gradually coming to the realisation that no one cares about what you struggle to believe. I notice with a little interest that while you enjoy making posts like this, you (like many of the Chrisitans here) stay well away from the "hell" discussions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree