1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are probably gradually coming to the realisation that no one cares about what you struggle to believe. I notice with a little interest that while you enjoy making posts like this, you (like many of the Chrisitans here) stay well away from the "hell" discussions.
    chaney3 refers to the OT God figure as "our God" more than once and yet also gives the distinct impression he does not believe he is 'his' God figure, a.k.a. "the Creator".
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you [b]don't believe the "God" you are accusing of this that and the other, in your OP, actually exists?[/b]
    Yes, I do believe in that God. My opinion is that God cannot be defended. He did awful things, but cannot be defended. I am left with 2 choices........God exists and we will never understand Him. Or, there is a Creator, and we have NO idea who He is, because we have been given a 'Bible' to try to understand Him.....but, the Bible is probably a load of horse manure. Jesus could have sacrificed Himself 5,000 years sooner and the Noah flood would never have happened. The entire narrative of God and Jesus does NOT make sense. I agree with the atheists on every single point except one.........I still believe that mankind was created.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:23
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Yes, I do believe in that God.
    To be clear; which God are you referring to?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:26
    To be clear; which God are you referring to?
    I am ready to fight tooth and nail with you divegeester. Please read my OP, and give me a real opinion of what you think. Our God of the Bible is an a-hole.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:28
    Yes, I do believe in that God. My opinion is that God cannot be defended. He did awful things, but cannot be defended. I am left with 2 choices........God exists and we will never understand Him. Or, there is a Creator, and we have NO idea who He is, because we have been given a 'Bible' to try to understand Him.....but, the Bible is probably a load of ho ...[text shortened]... the atheists on every single point except one.........I still believe that mankind was created.
    So you believe in the OT/NT God figure "because [you] have been given a 'Bible' to try to understand Him" but "...the Bible is probably a load of horse manure" and "The entire narrative of God and Jesus does NOT make sense" but... you believe in the OT/NT God figure regardless? Why?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:29
    Our God of the Bible is an a-hole.
    In what sense ~ and why ~ do you believe the "God of the Bible" is "Our God" ?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:33
    FMF......I don't. That is the entire point of my thread. I believe in a Creator, but, I am beginning to think that my Creator is completely different than the 'God' of the Bible. That was my entire point of this thread. I have read these posts, and it seems clear to me that the Bible may be flawed. The 'God' that loves me would NOT hold my eternity in b ...[text shortened]... based on your posts, I am SURE that you believe the same. We are arguing over the same belief?
    Oh, no.

It looks like Zahlanzi has poisoned another mind seeking answers. I wouldn't have believed it possible had I not seen it for myself.

Denying God is not where the answers you seek lie.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:37
    I am ready to fight tooth and nail with you divegeester. Please read my OP, and give me a real opinion of what you think. Our God of the Bible is an a-hole.
    You seem to me to be harbouring a lot of anger chaney3. Do you feel that the God of the OT that you say you believe in, has mistreat you personally in some way?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    To be fair to chaney3, it seems he is clinging on for dear life to your God, and pointedly not "denying" Him ~ only questioning His actions ~ which makes your quip about 'where the answers he seeks lie' sound a bit swingfisty. 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:41
    Oh, no.

It looks like Zahlanzi has poisoned another mind seeking answers. I wouldn't have believed it possible had I not seen it for myself.

Suzianne, do you not have an answer to my Op? Our God has committed evil beyond Hitler. Faced with this knowledge, an atheist has every right to question us. We cannot answer the reasons why God would destroy children. Can you Suzianne? It is becoming apparent that our God of the Bible is a lie. Unless......you can yourself explain His murders.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:43
    Suzianne, do you not have an answer to my Op? Our God has committed evil beyond Hitler. Faced with this knowledge, an atheist has every right to question us. We cannot answer the reasons why God would destroy children. Can you Suzianne? It is becoming apparent that our God of the Bible is a lie. Unless......you can yourself explain His murders.
    Can you say why you call God "our God"? Why do you call God "your God".
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:45
    Oh, no.

Off topic question: Why do you feel the need to thumb down every post of people you disagree with and thumb up those you do like?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:45
    You seem to me to be harbouring a lot of anger chaney3. Do you feel that the God of the OT that you say you believe in, has mistreat you personally in some way?
    Have you read my OP? God is on trial, not me. Atheists have every right to proclaim that our God is evil. Are you stupid dive? Are you arrogant dive? We have NO leg to stand on when it comes to the evil that our God Himself dishes out. When are you, or we, going to stop being God's lawyer?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:461 edit
    Have you read my OP? God is on trial, not me. Atheists have every right to proclaim that our God is evil. Are you stupid dive? Are you arrogant dive? We have NO leg to stand on when it comes to the evil that our God Himself dishes out. When are you, or we, going to stop being God's lawyer?
    You keep saying "our God" and "we have no leg to stand on" as though we are both Chrisitans. Are you a Christian chaney3? And if so why?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 07:47
    Our God has committed evil beyond Hitler.
    Do you believe that your "Creator" has committed "evil beyond Hitler" or do you think that Christians happen to believe in a God figure who has committed "evil beyond Hitler"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree