San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:11
    There are none.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:23
    There was a thread yesterday about Fifa coins - some kind of illegal advertisement.

It disappeared.

Clearly there is moderation.

Just not the kind that some people want.

Of course, if people would just ignore users like RJHinds the problem would solve itself.

But yeah....
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:26
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    There was a thread yesterday about Fifa coins - some kind of illegal advertisement.

It disappeared.

Clearly there is moderation.

Just not the kind that some people want.

Of course, if people would just ignore users like RJHinds the problem would solve itself.

But yeah....
    Ah, was that what that Fifa thread was about? My head hurt just trying to understand it.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:32
    Yeah, there was a link at the end of that rambling text.

Naturally, I clicked it and the multitude of popup banners that followed.

Got myself a decent amount of coins, and also submitted my bank account pin code, for entering a contest to win some more fifa coins.

Yesterday was a good day.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:33
    Originally posted by caissad4
    There are none.
    yes there is i got two messages yesterday from moderation in clans forum.
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:41
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yeah, there was a link at the end of that rambling text.

Naturally, I clicked it and the multitude of popup banners that followed.

Got myself a decent amount of coins, and also submitted my bank account pin code, for entering a contest to win some more fifa coins.

Yesterday was a good day.
    lol
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I guess there is only moderation in the clans forum.
    Any other forums where there is moderation ?
    I never got a response concerning debate forums from any moderators.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 15:52
    Well, I don't know about you, but I am enjoying now an early
    retirement. Thank you, FIFA!
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 16:15
    At one point in time I think there were at least two methods of moderation here at RHP. I don't know if this is still the case.

One was 'robo-mod', which automatically screens and prevents the use of a variety of offensive words in a post.

The other was actual moderators, who check a post if someone clicks on the alert button (which is the exclamation mark) located up there where the up and down thumbs for a post are located. I think you need to explain what you feel is wrong with a post when you alert it. I don't know if a moderator will actually communicate with the person who alerts a post.

I think the moderators can remove posts and ban members when they feel it is appropriate, but I do not know how much communicating they do with someone when their post is removed or when a member is banned.

This only is in regard to forum post issues. If someone is banned from the entire site for any reason I think that is done by admin and not by forum moderators.

This is only my understanding and I could be totally out-dated on how things are done now.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 17:03
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    At one point in time I think there were at least two methods of moderation here at RHP. I don't know if this is still the case.

One was 'robo-mod', which automatically screens and prevents the use of a variety of offensive words in a post.

The other was actual moderators, who check a post if someone clicks on the alert button (which is the exclamati ...[text shortened]... s.

This is only my understanding and I could be totally out-dated on how things are done now.
    Dude, i thought you were one of the mods, due to your impressive longevity on the site. That mistaken belief has shielded you from my sarcasm.

😉
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 17:03
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I guess there is only moderation in the clans forum.
    Any other forums where there is moderation ?
    I never got a response concerning debate forums from any moderators.
    Aren't the club and clan forums private and moderated by the owner or creator of the particular club or clan?
    I'm pretty sure that the public forum moderators have nothing to do with the private forums.
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 17:12
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Dude, i thought you were one of the mods, due to your impressive longevity on the site. That mistaken belief has shielded you from my sarcasm.

😉
    Actually I was a moderator at one time but that was in the very early days and I'm sure that things have changed a great deal since then. 🙂
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 17:32
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Actually I was a moderator at one time but that was in the very early days and I'm sure that things have changed a great deal since then. 🙂
    I think you certainly have the character and temperament for such a role. You come across as rather solid and unflappable. A rare thing in these forums.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 18:28
    The moderators are now all 12 years old and would henceforth like to be known as modR8trs.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 18:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "Please refrain from being nincompoop"

Thanks the mod team...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree