1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 10:541 edit
    Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

All three of you have written rather disdainful or sneering comments in the thread The City of Water.

Why do you three posters not talk very much about the Spirit of God ?

I see you write a lot. To my sense you three don't speak very much about the Holy Spirit.

Is my perception wrong? Or if you three each do not write very much about the experience and truths concerning the Holy Spirit, WHY is that ?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

All three of you have written rather disdainful or sneering comments in the thread The City of Water.

I see you write a lot ...[text shortened]... write very much about the experience and truths concerning the Holy Spirit, WHY is that ?[/b]
    Well first, I disagree that I/we write a lot. You do that.

Next the Bible refers to 'river of living water'. Calling it the City of Water is an insult to the inspired writers of the Bible and to God. You are basically telling God that he did not describe it properly and that YOU can do it better... something you do all the time.

I think the three of us tell people lots of truths of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You on the other hand tell people lots of untruths about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We spend a lot of time correcting the misinformation that you spread.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 12:002 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well first, I disagree that I/we write a lot. You do that.

Next the Bible refers to 'river of living water'. Calling it the City of Water is an insult to the inspired writers of the Bible and to God. You are basically telling God that he did not describe it properly and that YOU can do it better... something you do all the time.

I think the three of us ...[text shortened]... Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We spend a lot of time correcting the misinformation that you spread.
    I'll reply latter, though I already showed how the water is the Spirit of God's divine life.

Divegeester, Robbie?
    How about each of you?

I don't rush to assume Rajk999 speaks for you two necessarily.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 12:125 edits

"Rivers of living water" is mentioned coming out of the innermost being of the human beings who receive the Spirit of the glorified Jesus in John 7:39.

I do not mean that an INDIVIDUAL Christian is a City of Water. I say that COLLECTIVELY as an aggregate whole, ALL the saved are built up into a city of God, a "city of water".

And in the midst of this city of God the throne of God pours forth " a river of the water of life, bright as crystal" (Rev. 22:1)

You don't see the connection ??
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 12:481 edit
    I'll reply latter, though I already showed how the water is the Spirit of God's divine life.

You miss the point.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 12:49

[b]"Rivers of living water"
    is mentioned coming out of the inne ...[text shortened]... er of the water of life, bright as crystal" (Rev. 22:1) [/b]

You don't see the connection ??[/b]
    I see the connection. I see lots of connections.

But again like a blind man you miss the point.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:01
    [b] Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

I see you write a lot ...[text shortened]... write very much about the experience and truths concerning the Holy Spirit, WHY is that ?[/b]
    Ouch! One of the most blatant I-am-holier-than-thou threads I've seen started here in ages. 😞
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:07

Shall I shall look up some of your disdainful sneering and frankly nasty posts and ask you to join in this massive pout of a thread?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:292 edits
    I see the connection. I see lots of connections.

But again like a blind man you miss the point.
    I missed the point? Or you missed the point?

I think you are the one missing the point.

You say:
    The phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible!
    The phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible !!

Right. The exact phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible.
    Are you missing the point that God the Spirit is in the innermost being of all the people in the city? And that means He rules the city from His throne from absolutely within all the city dwellers ?

How is it that you pay no attention to that and harp on the fact that "city of water" is a phrase I came up with?

Look at the facts of the revelation of Scripture.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:38
    I missed the point? Or you missed the point?

I think you are the one missing the point.

You say:
    The phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible!
    The phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible !!

Right. The exact phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible.
    Are you missing the point that God the Spirit is in the innermost being of all the peopl ...[text shortened]... ity of water" is a phrase I come up with?

Look at the facts of the revelation of Scripture.
    It is at this point I start calling people fool. moron, idiot and other appropriate names. So instead of doing that I will back off and leave you in your stupidity.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ouch! One of the most blatant I-am-holier-than-thou threads I've seen started here in ages. 😞
    I hate to break it to you FMF. But maybe one person CAN be holier than another.

The "holier than thou" card cannot be pushed all the time.

Take two people, two fornicators, let us say.

One says to himself " I am not doing anything wrong."

The other prays to God "Lord Jesus, I cannot help myself. I love to fornicate. Please wash me in your precious blood. Forgive me. Give me your Holy Spirit to sanctify me."

i hate to burst your bubble. But there IS the possibility that the repentant sinner is "holier" than the unrepentant sinner. The second could confess " Because of the blood of Jesus cleansing me and the Spirit of the holy God coming into me, Sorry, No brag. Just fact. I am holier than thou."

Expected pushback FMF style:

Oh. so you're saying that these two posters have never repented or received the Holy Spirit ?

Answer in advance:

No. I am saying you can legitimately think of one person sometimes as "holier" than another. But not because he stands on his OWN merit. He stands on the holiness of Christ, the holiness of the cleansing redeeming blood of Christ, and the holiness of the saturating and filling Holy Spirit.

I WOULD that we all would be holy.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:45
    I hate to break it to you FMF. But maybe one person CAN be holier than another.

The other prays to God "Lord Jesus, I cannot help myself. I love to fornicate. Please wash me in your pr ...[text shortened]... the holiness of the saturating and filling Holy Spirit.

I WOULD that we all would be holy.
    Ouch! More of the same. 😕
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:511 edit
    It is at this point I start calling people fool. moron, idiot and other appropriate names. So instead of doing that I will back off and leave you in your stupidity.
    It is at this point I start calling people fool. moron, idiot and other appropriate names.

Then that is YOUR weakness.

That is YOUR lack of the fruit of "self-control", a fruit of the Spirit.
    Haven't you read Galatians 5 ?

So instead of doing that I will back off and leave you in your stupidity.

Get personal stuff out of it and think about what I said. There is no stupidity.

The THRONE in the city is the culmination of the indwelling of God in every person in the city.

God reigns by LIVING in man.
    God governs by dispensing His divine Spirit into and through man.

Are you sure you want to call this "stupidity" ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ouch! More of the same. 😕
    I wish you were holier than all of us.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:57
    The other prays to God "Lord Jesus, I cannot help myself. I love to fornicate. Please wash me in your precious blood. Forgive me. Give me your Holy Spirit to sanctify me."
    Which of "Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie" are you trying to help me understand your demeanour towards with this stuff about "fornicators"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree