1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 13:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    I wish you were holier than all of us.
    You are such a joyless, ugly, sanctimonious man sometimes. And I think it's got worse this year. 2016. It's really quite breathtaking. 😀
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are such a joyless, ugly, sanctimonious man sometimes. And I think it's got worse this year. 2016. It's really quite breathtaking. 😀
    I'm smiling. I've been smiling all morning.

Now you're going to have to work real hard to convince me that I am "joyless".
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:05
    FMF,

I like your music. But there ain't a whole, hell-of-a, heck-of-a lot of joy there in the lyrics.

I said I like your music.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:06
    I'm smiling. I've been smiling all morning.

Now you're going to have to work real hard to convince me that I am "joyless".
    Why on earth would I try to convince you? I am talking about your persona here not your emotional state.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:07
    FMF,

I like your music. But there ain't a whole, hell-of-a, heck-of-a lot of [b] joy
    there in the lyrics.

I said I like your music.[/b]
    Huh? What are you on about now? 😕
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:102 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why on earth would I try to convince you? I am talking about your persona here not your emotional state.
    Maybe you just feel glum whenever I mention JESUS.
    Maybe you be projecting.

Now in all those by gone days of old when you were a evangelical Christian, You must have heard -

"I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.
    WHERE?
    Down in my heart.
    WHERE?
    Down in my heart.

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.
    WHERE?
    Down in my heart today."

etc. etc. etc.

C'mon. Don't you remember singing that when you were born again back in the day you were a Christian ?

LOL !!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:12
    What a peculiar thread.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:362 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Shall I shall look up some of your disdainful sneering and frankly nasty posts and ask you to join in this massive pout of a thread?

It is a simple question. Are you going to offer a reply?

Why do you not write much about the Holy Spirit ?
    If the answer is but you DO. Then say that. Then I'll go back and read them, if you show me where.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:461 edit

Right. The exact phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible.
    'And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters.'

2 Samuel 12:27
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:521 edit
    Robbie, I think doesn't say much about the Spirit because the Spirit is just a thing in JW theology, a force.

Rajk999, I think doesn't say much about the Spirit because his confidence is in the religious flesh, what it can do to "keep the commandments of Jesus".

"O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was openly portrayed crucified?

This only I wish to learn from you, Did you receive the Spirit out of works of law or out of the hearing of faith?

Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? (Gal. 3:1-3)

The whole book of Galatians was written to recover the Christians back from fleshly legalism to walk and live by the Spirit of Christ.

Paul said the God BOUNTIFULLY SUPPLIED the Holy Spirit to the Galatian Christians. They must have needed Him [the Holy Spirit] very much.

"He therefore who bountifully supplies to you the Spirit ... " (See v.5)
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 06:48
    Shall I shall look up some of your disdainful sneering and frankly nasty posts and ask you to join in this massive pout of a thread?

It is a simple question. Are you going to offer a reply?

Why do you not write much about the Holy Spirit ?
    If the answer is but you DO. Then say that. Then I'll go back and read them, if you show me where.
    I'm discerning about what I post in this place.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 06:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What a peculiar thread.
    Sonship got upset because he got called out on his strange beliefs.
    Again.

Ps in this case trying to tell everyone that the river of life was actually a city of water.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 10:274 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sonship got upset because he got called out on his strange beliefs.
    Again.

Ps in this case trying to tell everyone that the river of life was actually a city of water.

We who are enjoying the recovery of the church life are quite secure in what we believe about the New Jerusalem. Don't over flatter yourself about how "upset" I get because I meet a little skepticism. Skepticism towards this matter to me is like left over hot dogs and beans. It is no big deal.

Think about how much "the Spirit" occupies a part of your understanding of the New Testament.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters.'

2 Samuel 12:27
    Reminds me of the time long ago when I was happy that I found "Watergate" in the Bible.

That's just a trick. I am talking about serious Bible exposition.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 10:491 edit
    The reason why the Spirit is so crucial is because it is as "the Spirit" God finally reaches the inside of a man.

'He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

Robbie, learned nothing about the Holy Spirit because the JW have no such belief that Christ can make His dwelling place in His people. They don't care about that. They care only that God has an outward governmental kingdom.

An outward, outside of man governmental kingdom is not entire wrong in the Bible. But it is short of God's new testament economy to dispense Himself INTO man that God may be "one spirit" with the human spirit.

There is something in man which matches the nature of the Holy Spirit. In God's salvation the two blend together to be "one". That means at least on part of man's being actually becomes God.

The Divine Person of the Holy Spirit and the human spirit are joined to be ONE spirit. God builds Himself into man. And begins to build man into Himself.

No longer being TWO separated spirits - the human spirit and the separate Spirit Who is God, the TWO spirits become united to be, in the believer, "one spirit".

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor .3:17)

Being joined as "one spirit" with the Lord Jesus Christ allows for "rivers of living water" to flow out of the saved man's innermost being.

" He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive, for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:38,39)

We all need to get to know the indwelling Spirit of the glorified Jesus Christ.
    Christ was glorified, entering into His glory in His resurrection !

" Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and ENTER INTO HIS GLORY? " (Luke 24:26)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree