Originally posted by FMF
    Ouch! More of the same. 😕
    Robbie? Is that you?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 12:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    Reminds me of the time long ago when I was happy that I found [b] "Watergate" in the Bible.

That's just a trick. I am talking about serious Bible exposition.[/b]
    I take this back.
    I should not dismiss Ghost's reference without even looking into it.

Sorry Ghost.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 12:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters.'

2 Samuel 12:27
    I'll look at it.
    Thanks.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:34
    I'll look at it.
    Thanks.
    I was being a little pedantic following your statement that 'the exact phrase "city of water" is not in the Bible.' (When in some translations, it is. - Though not in the context being discussed).
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:49
    We who are enjoying the recovery of the church life are quite secure in what we believe about the [b]New Jerusalem. Don't over flatter yourself about how "upset" I get because I meet a little skepticism. Skepticism towards this matter to me is like left over hot dogs and beans. It is no big deal.

Think about how much "the Spirit" occupies a part of your understanding of the New Testament.[/b]
    We who are enjoying the recovery of the church life are quite secure in what we believe about the New Jerusalem.

By "we" you mean to imply that I'm not part of you little in-clique? Oh dear I guess I'll have to live with that 🙂

Don't over flatter yourself about how "upset" I get because I meet a little skepticism

Hey it's your thread...only you know your true motivations for starting it sonship.

Skepticism towards this matter to me is like left over hot dogs and beans. It is no big deal.

No scepticism here, just straightforward Biblical based disagreement and highlighting of you inventing your own teaching.

Think about how much the Spirit occupies a part of your understanding of the New Testament.

OK thanks.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:501 edit
    [b] Divegeester, Rajk999, Robbie Carrobie I have a question for the three of you. I would like each of you to give your reply to it.

All three of you have written rather disdainful or sneering comments in the thread The City of Water.

Why do you three posters not talk very much about the Spirit of God ?

I see you write a lot ...[text shortened]... write very much about the experience and truths concerning the Holy Spirit, WHY is that ?[/b]
    In the past I posted much on the Holy spirit and you simply refused to read it. I have simply better things to do that waste my time with people who are unreceptive and who make claims of,' why don't you talk much about Holy spirit', when they refuse to read anything that conflicts with their dogma.

I was neither disdainful nor sneering, merely remarking that since the trinitarian dogma had tainted what may have been a good discussion, it no longer held any interest for me.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:523 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have simply better things to do that waste my time with people who are unreceptive and who make claims of,' why don't you talk much about Holy spirit', when
    ...they refuse to read anything that conflicts with their dogma.
    Really robbie, look in the mirror.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Robbie? Is that you?
    Please there is only one Robbie!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Really robbie, look in the mirror.
    Thanks i will do that, its good advice.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:541 edit
    Thanks i will do that, its good advice.
    A little hypocritical, your previous post.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:552 edits
    A little hypocritical, your previous post.
    I have never claimed to be perfect, just a poor sinner in need of redemption, a frail human, prone to aberration.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 14:59
    I have never claimed to be perfect, just a poor sinner in need of redemption, a frail human, prone to aberration.
    But of course the key point here being that you have repeatedly refused to read material which conflicts with your church's dogma. You are notorious for it in fact.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 15:001 edit
    But of course the key point here being that you have repeatedly refused to read material which conflicts with your church's dogma. You are notorious for it in fact.
    I am notorious for not a few things, meh, what's one more. 😵
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 15:02
    I am notorious for not a few things, meh, what's one more. 😵
    Well it's "one more" that is also an example of your blatant hypocrisy.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '16 15:041 edit
    Well it's "one more" that is also an example of your blatant hypocrisy.
    Yes you have mentioned the same innumerable times. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree