1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 01:23
    We hear so much about the Wesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags Fellowship, that we don't hear about other expressions of Christianity from other Baptist Churches.

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of church life and leadership. They said there was no reason for the denomination to rely on secret investigations or reports as they are not in compliance with the teachings of the denomination regarding homosexuality. "We, along with our 1850 members serving as witnesses, turn ourselves in" the letter stated.

Thank you, Myers Park Baptist Church, for not hating those whom Jesus loves.
  2. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 03:54
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    We hear so much about the Wesboro Baptist Church aka God Hates Fags Fellowship, that we don't hear about other expressions of Christianity from other Baptist Churches.

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of churc ...[text shortened]... etter stated.

It is good to see that there is still a church around that's got the right idea.

However, should gays and lesbians be involved in church leadership?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 07:04

Myers Park Baptist Church has written an open letter to the Southern Baptist Convention turning itself in as being a church that openly welcomes gays and lesbians in every facet of churc ...[text shortened]... etter stated.

Why is it taking all the other Christians so long?
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 08:41
    Originally posted by Crita
    It is good to see that there is still a church around that's got the right idea.

However, should gays and lesbians be involved in church leadership?
    Absolutely!
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 08:50
    You can find a Church in the USA to match your own particulat brand of hatred .. we got 'em all.
    I got a friend who attends the Church of Medical Marijuana .. on a regular basis.
    Starting a Hate Gays Church is simply a good business decision .. a sure money maker.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 11:37
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Why is it taking all the other Christians so long?
    Not all of them - there are many out there who think the same way.
  7. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 12:12
    Absolutely!
    why?
  8. The sky
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 12:14
    Originally posted by genius
    why?
    Why not?
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 13:48
    why?
    If you exclude them from leadership soley on the basis of sexual orientation, what prevents you from excluding on the basis of gender or race. I thought that in Christ there was no Jew, Greek, male, female. I wish churches would put this in practice.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 13:53
    If you exclude them from leadership soley on the basis of sexual orientation, what prevents you from excluding on the basis of gender or race. I thought that in Christ there was no Jew, Greek, male, female. I wish churches would put this in practice.
    The new testament does specify differences between Male and Female, and Jesus as a Jew almost certainly did differentiate between male / female and Jew / gentile. On what basis do you claim that he didn't?
  11. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 15:281 edit
    What prevents you? The Bible! For instance, 1 Corinthians 5 tells us how the church should deal with sexual immorality. in the church there is no Jew, Greek, male, female. But there is sexual immorallity. The bible makes it clear that homosexuality and such is wrong. It also says that there is no jew, greek, male or female in christ.

I shall leave you to draw your own conclusions from that...

twhitehead, kirk was quoting Galatians 3:28.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 16:061 edit
    What prevents you? The Bible! For instance, 1 Corinthians 5 tells us how the church should deal with sexual immorality. in the church there is no Jew, Greek, male, female. But there is sexual immorallity. The bible makes it clear that homosexuality and such is wrong. It also says that there is no jew, greek, male or female in christ.

Unless you believe in Bible mandated capital punishment for homosexual acts, such acts are merely a sin. And there is no requirement in the NT that members or leaders of the Church be without sin.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 17:461 edit

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Sounds like the gays are the least of your problems. You have to throw out the greedy? There goes 90% of American church members, right off the bat.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 20:45
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. ...[text shortened]... ou have to throw out the greedy? There goes 90% of American church members, right off the bat.
    Paul: what a self-righteous jerk.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 21:09

Almost all references to homosexuality in the Bible do not refer to gay relationships that we tend to think of today, but rather a form of pedophilia where children were kept in a form of slavery and sexually exploited.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree