1. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 23:14
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I think sexaul energy and orientation is along a continuum. While I am heterosexual, I have no problem with having gay friends or physically embracing them. I tend to think that homosexuality can be genetic and also have roots in the psychological make-up of a family. I do not think it is fair to ask someone to change their sexual orientation or pr ...[text shortened]... ay person. It would be kind of fun for someone to go to one of these persons and request it.
    Thanks for the reply. I'd never really thought of it like that.

I find it a bit difficult to form an opinion on this topic as I am not gay and I cannot begin to understand the situation from the position of the gay person.

I guess that leaves me with one last question kirksey957, do you believe that God has asked us to be heterosexual? Or do you believe that He is happy for us to be either?

By the way, thanks for answering my questions, I've learned heaps. It's not very often you get honest, sensible answers to serious questions on message boards.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by Crita
    Thanks for the reply. I'd never really thought of it like that.

I find it a bit difficult to form an opinion on this topic as I am not gay and I cannot begin to understand the situation from the position of the gay person.

I guess that leaves me with one last question kirksey957, do you believe that God has asked us to be heterosexual? Or do you believe It's not very often you get honest, sensible answers to serious questions on message boards.
    My brotha, I am here to be of help in service to the Lord.

Oh, that's a good question. It seems that heterosexuality is a "natural" part of the way things are, yet the creation is so diverse in may ways, as my lesbian dog would say if she could say. I look at all this nonsense going on in the middle east and I swear I wish those people were half as evolved as the most maladjusted gay person I can think of. God doesn't care if we are straight or gay. He/she cares that we are loving and commited and happy. There are few things more painful, so I've been told, than a person living out a lie in their sexuality for fear of rejection.

Ironically, the most progressive and peaceful countries on earth are ones that have progressive views of homosexuality.

Peace be upon us.
  3. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '07 23:39

Oh, that's a good question. It seems that heterosexuality is a "natural" part of the way things are, yet the creation is so diverse in may ways, as my lesbian dog would say if she could say. I look at all this nonsense going on in the middle east and I swear I wish those people were half as ...[text shortened]... ntries on earth are ones that have progressive views of homosexuality.

Peace be upon us.
    Hmm, interesting.

That's given me plenty to think about.

Thanks again for your help Rev.

Catch you round.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 03:49

Oh, that's a good question. It seems that heterosexuality is a "natural" part of the way things are, yet the creation is so diverse in may ways, as my lesbian dog would say if she could say. I look at all this nonsense going on in the middle east and I swear I wish those people were half as ...[text shortened]... ntries on earth are ones that have progressive views of homosexuality.

Peace be upon us.
    You remain one of the few people who give me any confidence that religion isn't just the domain of bigots and nutters.

Good post.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 22:32
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Elucidate.
    1 Timothy 4:1-2
    "1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

The bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is an abomination.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 00:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    1 Timothy 4:1-2
    "1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

The bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is an abomination.
    Do you believe in carrying out the punishment mandated by Leviticus? Today I had the priviledge of talking to a man who would make Fred Phelps seem liberal. He just went off about homosexuals and how they deserved death. He also felt all murderers and adulterers deserved death and that our country was sinking into the abyss because we did not kill them. Part of his theology was that the only way a person could receive forgiveness from the sin of murder was to die for it. When I asked him if it was difficult to accept Jesus' leniency with people deserving of death he did not have an answer. He went on to tell me all the trouble his son had been in because Satan had entered his life and deceived him. He was well-acquainted with Deuteronomy where it commands that we take our rebellious children to the gates of the city and stone them. He had not done that.

I suggested that he consider moving to Iran as they seem to be of the same thinking that he likes. They don't tolerate homosexuality and are more than happy to hang people for it. They also publically whip people for small crimes as he advocated.

Let's all try to put on our big boy and big girl panties.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 00:50
    Do you believe in carrying out the punishment mandated by Leviticus? Today I had the priviledge of talking to a man who would make Fred Phelps seem liberal. He just went off about homosexuals and how they deserved death. He also felt all murderers and adulterers deserved death and that our country was sinking into the abyss because we did not kill them ...[text shortened]... or small crimes as he advocated.

And he pulls another one out of the bag! Home run!!!
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:24
    Do you believe in carrying out the punishment mandated by Leviticus? Today I had the priviledge of talking to a man who would make Fred Phelps seem liberal. He just went off about homosexuals and how they deserved death. He also felt all murderers and adulterers deserved death and that our country was sinking into the abyss because we did not kill them ...[text shortened]... or small crimes as he advocated.

This isn't Israel 3000 years ago.The command to kill law brakers was nation specific. We don't kill homosexuals nor do I believe we should.
    The point is that homosexuality is wrong. Why don't you direct your comment to that point instead of infering that bible believing people are as the hateful person you eluded to.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:29
    This isn't Israel 3000 years ago.The command to kill law brakers was nation specific. We don't kill homosexuals nor do I believe we should.
    The point is that homosexuality is wrong. Why don't you direct your comment to that point instead of infering that bible believing people are as the hateful person you eluded to.
    I don't believe homosexuality is wrong.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 03:40
    I don't believe homosexuality is wrong.
    I do.
    But that's the beauty of living in a free country. We can believe what we want without casting stones.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 04:17
    I do.
    But that's the beauty of living in a free country. We can believe what we want without casting stones.
    How many greedy people and drunks have you kicked out of your church?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 12:03
    Say some more about this being "nation specific." This is new to me.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 22:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    How many greedy people and drunks have you kicked out of your church?
    Everyone is welcome to come to my church. No one has ever been kicked out.

But if you can't stand hearing the bible being taught you won't stay.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 22:56
    Say some more about this being "nation specific." This is new to me.
    Ok! This is just me talking. I'm not going to try to reference all the passages or verses to prove anything here, now. But I am going to assume you know the bible story, so I will say this in general terms to make my point.

With Abraham God began a specific family. With Moses God created a nation. God delt with Isreal on the basis of the law.
    Now here's the kicker. Jesus comes along and takes the law to the n-th degree. For example, if you even look at a woman with lust in your heart you've committed adultury with her already. And then Jesus goes to the cross, and the law is nailed to the cross with him. Read colossians 2:14.
    Now God is dealing with the whole human family, and not a specific nation, and not on the basis of the law, but on the basis of his grace.(unmerited favor)
  15. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 23:06
    Ok! This is just me talking. I'm not going to try to reference all the passages or verses to prove anything here, now. But I am going to assume you know the bible story, so I will say this in general terms to make my point.

With Abraham God began a specific family. With Moses God created a nation. God delt with Isreal on the basis of the law.
    Now here's ...[text shortened]... ific nation, and not on the basis of the law, but on the basis of his grace.(unmerited favor)
    So, with the Law being fulfilled through Christ (remember, He didn't abolish it), that makes all those laws in Dueteronomy etc irrelevant?

OK, I can follow that far. But isn't that the section of the bible that deals with homosexuality as a sin? Or is there a reference to it in the New Testement? (Remember, sexual immorality doesn't count, because that happens in hetero relationships too)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree