1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 17:58
    would we kill him? if he started performing miracles and saying he was god, i bet he would die like jesus on the cross. i think that is the reason he doesnt show himself and forces us to believe in faith, what would really happen if somebody performed miracles and claimed to be god?
  2. RDU NC
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:36
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    would we kill him? if he started performing miracles and saying he was god, i bet he would die like jesus on the cross. i think that is the reason he doesnt show himself and forces us to believe in faith, what would really happen if somebody performed miracles and claimed to be god?
    I suppose you're asking, based on your own post, "What if God came to Earth, again?" Is this correct?
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:551 edit
    I wouldn't string Him up as long as He stayed out of politics. Just because You're God doesn't mean You can justifiably dictate how we are to live.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:20
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I wouldn't string Him up as long as He stayed out of politics. Just because You're God doesn't mean You can justifiably dictate how we are to live.
    i would rather follow rules set by my creator than by my "brother"
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:41
    Silly me, I thought that God did come in the flesh through Christ. If so, the quesiton has already been answered, no?
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 21:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Silly me, I thought that God did come in the flesh through Christ. If so, the quesiton has already been answered, no?
    if he returns?
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:09
    i would rather follow rules set by my creator than by my "brother"
    I would rather do what I had good reason to believe was right, rather than simply follow rules set down by others. If God could convince me with good arguments that His way was the best, then I would adhere to the conclusions of those arguments. But the mere fact that some jackass performs some miracles carries no moral weight.
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:12
    If God could convince me with good arguments that His way was the best, then I would adhere to the conclusions of those arguments.
    What if he challenged you to an arm-wrestle?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:14
    I would rather do what I had good reason to believe was right, rather than simply follow rules set down by others. If God could convince me with good arguments that His way was the best, then I would adhere to the conclusions of those arguments. But the mere fact that some jackass performs some miracles carries no moral weight.
    well you follow rules already, might as well follow them by somebody who is not your equal
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:22
    well you follow rules already, might as well follow them by somebody who is not your equal
    I follow rules when there are good reasons to follow rules; that is, when I take those rules to be justified. The mere fact that some water-walker tells me I ought to X doesn't make it more reasonable for me to X.
  11. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:31
    Originally posted by dottewell
    What if he challenged you to an arm-wrestle?
    That poor bastard couldn't even carry his cross.
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:32
    I follow rules when there are good reasons to follow rules; that is, when I take those rules to be justified. The mere fact that some water-walker tells me I ought to X doesn't make it more reasonable for me to X.
    i didnt say you couldnt break the rules every now and then, but i would rather have god tell me what to do, whether or not i followed his rules
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:35
    would we kill him? if he started performing miracles and saying he was god, i bet he would die like jesus on the cross.
    Either that or he would hook up with Claudia Schiffer and become a multi-millionaire.
  14. Going where needed.
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:414 edits
    That poor bastard couldn't even carry his cross.
    after they whipped him to the point of which he was unrecognizable. and beat him with poles and sticks and shoved a crown of thorns onto his skull. Try enduring that, then tell me YOU can carry a cross about a 2 mile hike up a hill.

He couldn't carry his cross because he had not the strength to carry it.

edit1: I think that if Jesus came back we would all think he would be nuts. Jesus would go around saying "I'm God" and noone will believe him. Just like what happened in his previous coming. Except he won't be crucified in the second coming.
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:45
    Originally posted by EinsteinMind
    after they whipped him to the point of which he was unrecognizable. and beat him with poles and sticks and shoved a crown of thorns onto his skull.
    The squeaky wheel gets replaced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree