if god came to earth,

if god came to earth,

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by bbarr
What an impoverished conception of love! Love isn't simply a deed, but whole host of dispositions with cognitive, evaluative, and motivational components. The lover creates with the beloved a "loveworld", wherein the lovers form a 'we'. When you are in love you take the interests of the beloved to be directly reason giving; their interests become your inter ...[text shortened]... ether love consists merely in acting in a particular way.

Edit: How old are you?
I don't think that he would disagree with that. I suspect he was just iterating the idea that 'love' isn't
merely a sensation, but creates the compulsion to act in a loving, compassionate way; that is, one
who knows God will be compelled to respond cognitively, evaluatively and so on towards other
human beings.

This, of course, is in direct contradiction with his hateful diatribe against homosexuals and I consider
to be dispositive proof of any 'relationship' with God.

Nemesio

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by EinsteinMind
after they whipped him to the point of which he was unrecognizable. and beat him with poles and sticks and shoved a crown of thorns onto his skull. Try enduring that, then tell me YOU can carry a cross about a 2 mile hike up a hill.

He couldn't carry his cross because he had not the strength to carry it.

edit1: I think that if Jesus came back w ...[text shortened]... ke what happened in his previous coming. Except he won't be crucified in the second coming.
But he did carry his cross !!!

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 07

What an impoverished conception of love! Love isn't simply a deed, but whole host of dispositions with cognitive, evaluative, and motivational components. The lover creates with the beloved a "loveworld", wherein the lovers form a 'we'. When you are in love you take the interests of the beloved to be directly reason giving; their interests become your inter ...[text shortened]... ether love consists merely in acting in a particular way.

Edit: How old are you?
How hypocritical this sounds hearing that from your mouth, bearing in mind your ideas about the moral permissibility of killing the disabled, which boil down to the same ideas the Nazis had during the twenties, thirties and early fourties of the last century regarding the subject.

You Bbarr, smooth talking hypocrite, advocate of cold blooded murder on innocent people, shouldn't lecture anyone on what love is.

".... their interests become your interests .... "

You are truly disgusting.

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

If God came to earth every day would be the first day of spring.....😵

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 07
1 edit

Poor little Ivanhoe. Deep down you know I'm right, but you're too terrified of your own humanity to admit it. Cast off the albatross of your misguided faith!
Bbarr: "Deep down you know I'm right, but you're too terrified of your own humanity to admit it."

You're a selfsatisfied clown.

Bbarr: "Cast off the albatross of your misguided faith!

... and replace my faith with your arrogant Nazi ideas ? Don't hold your breath.

S

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
How hypocritical this sounds hearing that from your mouth, bearing in mind your ideas about the moral permissibility of killing the disabled, which boil down to the same ideas the Nazis had during the twenties, thirties and early fourties of the last century regarding the subject.

You Bbarr, smooth talking hypocrite, advocate of cold blooded murder on inn ...[text shortened]... love is.

".... their interests become your interests .... "

Is his post concerning love wrong? Does it contain any contradictions?

The answer to both of these is no, so what has any of your rambling got to do with things?

I find it amusing that you who never posts your own opinions, but just those of your dogmatic superiors, feel you can lecture others on theirs.

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

Come on guys...its too sunny to be angry with each other !!!😀

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
06 Jun 07
3 edits

Originally posted by Starrman
Is his post concerning love wrong? Does it contain any contradictions?

The answer to both of these is no, so what has any of your rambling got to do with things?

I find it amusing that you who never posts your own opinions, but just those of your dogmatic superiors, feel you can lecture others on theirs.

Does this mean you also support the old Nazi ideas in a new jacket of "lives not worth living", presented and advocated on this site by Bbarr ?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Come on guys...its too sunny to be angry with each other !!!😀
Well, go play outside. Here it is gray, overcast, and drizzling.

P-

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Well, go play outside. Here it is gray, overcast, and drizzling.

P-
I thought it was always sunny in the good old US of A !!!😏

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Jun 07

Bbarr: "Deep down you know I'm right, but you're too terrified of your own humanity to admit it."

You're a selfsatisfied clown.

Bbarr: "Cast off the albatross of your misguided faith!

... and replace my faith with your arrogant Nazi ideas ? Don't hold your breath.
I don't like your blatant bigotry against Islam and non-white people, but does that mean you can never post anything right?

Try to keep on topic, Mt. Ivanhoe.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Jun 07

Does this mean you also support the old Nazi ideas in a new jacket of "lives not worth living", presented and advocated on this site by Bbarr ?
"Hitler was a good orator"

"OOOOH, SO YOU ALSO SUPPORT HIS ATTEMPT AT EXTERMINATING THE JEWS?"

"Ummm"

D

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

So much hate,so much anger.....

d

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
So much hate,so much anger.....
Get out of the way, sunshine. I can't see the ring.

JJ

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by darvlay
Get out of the way, sunshine. I can't see the ring.
Im trying to prevent more hate and anger....stay back !!!!