A thought, to catch out machine cheats...

A thought, to catch out machine cheats...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by Zygalski
There's absolutely no point to all this.

There was a perfectly good system in place for finding blatant cheats but alas, the people applying it had little or no support.
You know more than the rest of us? fill the gaps if it please you.

Z

Moves
29 Dec 11

It should be crystal clear to anyone with half a brain what has happened.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11
2 edits

Not to me!! explain please?

Edit: Actually,........... half a brain? .............. cheeky ******

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11

28 games in nearly 3 and a half years?............. stay off the Tamazepan.

t

Moves
29 Dec 11

sorry, in case i was assuming wrongly. i haven't followed the forums for a while...

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by tharkesh
sorry, in case i was assuming wrongly. i haven't followed the forums for a while...
Assuming you've been away for awhile, everyone is skirting round the FRONT PAGE ISSUE.

Moves
29 Dec 11

This won't work for the simple reason; If you employ the best chess program that money can buy you will struggle to get results. Unless, of-course, the culprits use better technology! Simply put, it is highly unlikely that those than can afford cutting edge technology chess programs will actually waste their Time trying to impress your girlfriend, or mine for that matter..

t

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
Assuming you've been away for awhile, everyone is skirting round the FRONT PAGE ISSUE.
ok, but i dont know, "what has happened". except for santa coming around and this kind of stuff...

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by tharkesh
ok, but i dont know, "what has happened". except for santa coming around and this kind of stuff...
Click ' player tables'. (chough) glance at the top?

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by cprins99
This won't work for the simple reason; If you employ the best chess program that money can buy you will struggle to get results. Unless, of-course, the culprits use better technology! Simply put, it is highly unlikely that those than can afford cutting edge technology chess programs will actually waste their Time trying to impress your girlfriend, or mine for that matter..
Squelchbelch had a rational for flagging this which on his hard work and subsequent posts had good merit, I assumed thart Mod's followed this ethos or a path of equal or better?!

t

Moves
29 Dec 11

Click ' player tables'. (chough) glace at top?
remember the time when a thread was opened about skeets getting above 2400 or so, at that time basically the top. these times are certainly over. she has resigned her games, apparantly because she was very unhappy about how an apparent engine user was taken care off (not). david tebb apparently stopped playing because of similar reasons. some other players have risen to new heights, but that is also not too new, because their profiles were very well discussed some weeks ago... more i can not see in the top of the players tables...

anyway, i am starting here some kind of soap opera, because is all only written in forums and might not be true (sorry skeeter or david, if this was wrong)...

chess soap opera... would that sell on tv?

Moves
29 Dec 11

The rise of the Machines!

Moves
29 Dec 11

What has happened to Pawnb4dawn? No 5 on the site a week ago, resigned all his/her games overnight?

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
29 Dec 11

Originally posted by cprins99
The rise of the Machines!
Rec'd.........part duex..

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
29 Dec 11
2 edits

Squelchbelch had a rational for flagging this which on his hard work and subsequent posts had good merit, I assumed thart Mod's followed this ethos or a path of equal or better?!
Before we go any further, Squelchbelch = Zygalski. And his match-up methodology, same as used by the Mods, has been widely debated, openly discussed, criticised, disputed, pulled to pieces and scoffed at - and still busts cheats convincingly.

As Zygalski says, the problem lies not in the technology, nor in the volunteer efforts of the Mods but - and this could earn me a forum ban - in the [edit] (un)willingness of the Site Admin (ie the owners) to implement the recommendations of the Mods. So rather than have their time wasted and their efforts insulted, the Mods have simply resigned. Some have, or are about to, quit the site.

Henceforth, in the absence of fresh Mods (aka suckers), no one is picking up even the most blatant cheats. And they don't come more blatant than the top group on Page 1