1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 01:47
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Evolution happens over hundreds of thousands of years. Not by deciding to use the "analyze board" feature. Perhaps you should use the "analyse post" feature which allows you to see the next responses to your post and would prevent your foot from entering your mouth so often.
    There are not hundreds of thousands of years for evolution to take place
    for "the Word of Truth" tells me so.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 01:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are not hundreds of thousands of years for evolution to take place
    for "the Word of Truth" tells me so.
    How can you call it the word of truth when it contains more lies than any other single work of literature?
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 01:54
    Threads like this will be the death of the "only chess" forum.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 01:58
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Threads like this will be the death of the "only chess" forum.
    Sorry, but it is a part of my life now. I guess I better just post on the
    spirituality forum from now on, but even there the atheists don't like
    what I have to say.
  5. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 03:32
    what I have to say.
    The Christians and don't like what you have to say there either because you sound just as ridiculous as you do in this forum. But people on this site would be grateful if you kept your moronic posts there instead of the chess forum. This is a chess site. The forums are a side show. When you get into the main chess forum and talk of things you know little about, you do a disservice to yourself and the rest of the site.
  6. The Ghost Bishop
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    The Christians and don't like what you have to say there either because you sound just as ridiculous as you do in this forum. But people on this site would be grateful if you kept your moronic posts there instead of the chess forum. This is a chess site. The forums are a side show. When you get into the main chess forum and talk of things you know little about, you do a disservice to yourself and the rest of the site.
    Boy oh boy,

That is bad news Mr. RJ. When the Christians hate you, then you're really in
    for it
    . It sounds to me like just about everyone hates RJ. However there are still
    people who love you RJ!

(not me)

No, no, you still have the Buddhists Mr. RJ. All you need is to convert. Besides, if
    you do convert you might improve your chess by say - another 500 ratings points.
    Oh! And it wouldn't have to be artificial!

Buddhist Grandmaster Dibyendu Barua is an amazing player. Maybe he would show
    you a thing or two. He's india's second grandmaster (behind Anand of course). Here
    Mr. RJ this can be a learning experience. Watch Barua put away the great V. Korchnoi.

This is one of the most magnificent endings ever played. (No motorboxes in sight)

Mr. Dibyenduh was in deep thought in the above position and here Mr. Dibyenduh
    shows his knowledge of knight endings.

You have to know a little something about Knights and rook pawns to proceed here.
    Mr. Dibyenduh knows that if he gets that h pawn to h7 the knight will only have one
    square to defend the promotion (unmoved f pawns and c pawns in Knight RP endings)
    So he takes a look at that square. That square is g6, which is attackable from e5.
    This so happens to be a square he can attack and control. This will mean that the
    promotion threat will be creating a defender -- remove a defender with Nxe5!

But thats not the end of the story. A knight cannot defend pawns with separate
    colored promotion squares! At least not alone it can't! The e pawn and h pawn are
    examples of this principle. This means if he can remove that ugly f pawn, and get his
    h pawn to h7... then he's set! He quickly must analyze the possibility of this ending
    coming to fruition. He has the b8 knight dominated. Check. He can force the
    queen exchange due to the kings attack on the knight. Check. The knight has no
    future on g2 - because Nxe5 and Bxb3 becomes problematic for Korchnoi. Check.

Korchnoi will be just about forced to play Nc2 threatening the fork (Nd4 if Bxb3).
    Now Mr. Dibyenduh knows the basics (and some of the more difficult dynamics as
    well). A few minutes of calculation and its all
    together. The finish you were waiting for!

Mr. RJ, he may not have your natural (?) matchup abilities... but I'd eat my hat if he
    couldn't show you a thing or two!

Q
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 08:34
    Originally posted by PhySiQ
    Boy oh boy,

That is [b]bad news
    Mr. RJ. When the Christians hate you, then you're really in
    for it
    . It sounds to me like just about everyone hates RJ. However there are still
    people who love you RJ!

(not me)

No, no, you still have the Buddhists Mr. RJ. All you need is to convert. Besides, if
    you do convert you might improve your ...[text shortened]... I'd eat my hat if he
    couldn't show you a thing or two!

Q[/b]
    There are many people that can show me a thing or two. I do not
    dispute that at all.
  8. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 08:551 edit
    Love the Korchnoi game. What a lovely ending.!

Fisher & Spasky started me out on chess but I only took it up seriously when Karpov was playing Korchnoi. I always support the underdog so I was always rooting for Korchnoi.

I've got a clock which has been signed by Korchnoi and Bologan. I bought the one they used in a 4NCL match and asked them to sign it at the end of the game. I've even got both players scoresheets from the game as I asked the organisers if I could have then. They are now framed and up on the wall. No wonder people think that I'm a geek..!!! ;-)

I tell non chess players that it's a piece of modern art
  9. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 08:55
    Originally posted by kingshill
    Love the Korchnoi game. What a lovely ending.!

Fisher & Spasky started me out on chess but I only took it up seriously when Karpov was playing Korchnoi. I always support the underdog so I was always rooting for Korchnoi.

I've got a cock which has been signed by Korchnoi and Bologan. I bought the one they used in a 4NCL match and asked them to s ...[text shortened]... think that I'm a geek..!!! ;-)

I tell non chess players that it's a piece of modern art
    Maybe I should read my posts CLOCK not COCK
  10. .
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 09:06
    Darned autocorrect!

http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/
  11. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 09:26
    I was not confessing to sandbagging. I just meant I don't always play
    hard. It depends on my mood and sometimes I see good moves and
    sometimes I don't just like every one else except for Magnus Carlsen.
    What you said was you play better when there is money on the line. This is a sandbagging confession. If you did this in a pool hall they would call you a hustler and break your legs.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 09:35
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    What you said was you play better when there is money on the line. This is a sandbagging confession. If you did this in a pool hall they would call you a hustler and break your legs.
    poor RJH, out of the frying pan of spirituality and into the fire of chess only. Would they
    not be better breaking his thumbs if he was a pool hustler? But I suppose you cannot
    play pool in a wheel chair.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 09:361 edit
    what I have to say.
    You need a good lawyer RJH, ill defend you, but it will cost heavy dollars! I agree
    though, spirituality is over run with non spirituality and the materialists have taken
    over.
  14. e4
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 12:28
    "I tell non chess players that it's a piece of modern art"

It is a piece of modern art. (the non-chess players are geeks.) 😉

I too wanted Korchnoi to win the '78 match. Him being the defector and all that.
    Though I have never been able to come to grips with some of his games.
    "What is he up too?" I've often said to myself as I sit there and stare at an
    unannotated move in a game, "What is he up too."

I don't think there is a writer who has caught him either. (hence the the blank note)
    If you don't know what to say, say nothing.
  15. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 17:59
    RJHinds threads are the best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree