1. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 19:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow such controversy today, Mamedyarov forfeited, arriving just 10 seconds late! 1.Nf3 1-0!
    Zero Tolerance rule is real nonsense.
  2. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 20:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    http://chess.eusa.ed.ac.uk/Chess/Trivia/AlltimeList.html

Umm... yes. To be honest i was thinking of the Fide rating lists that were published in various chess magazines twice a year. So I suppose I could post you an old '90s back copy of Chess Monthly. This was before most had internet.

Failing that a quick look at the link above is all I can offer you. Not sure how genuine it is but it does backup what both you AND I said. I remember both the strong GMs called Sokolov.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 20:52
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    Zero Tolerance rule is real nonsense.
    I have never been one for strict time keeping and i thought that you were allowed
    some leeway, why the authorities have introduced zero tolerance i do not know, never
    the less, Mamedyarov should have known the rules and he cannot complain for it is
    negligence on his part. Why players do not sit and chat with their opponent before the
    game i do not know, in top matches that i have seen, players hardly ever are very
    friendly.
  4. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 21:28
    I've heard a lot about that obituary but I have never read it. Please give a link. You have read it I assume.

Who is this Cox fella? Is he the "good taste" police?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '12 21:581 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 00:10
    That was my point. I hope everyone can.

p.s. I think you missed my penultimate post regarding Fide.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 00:382 edits
    Writing in the Daily Telegraph in November 2003, Nigel Short claimed that "Tony was
    insanely jealous of my success, and his inability to accept that he was no longer
    Britain's number one was an indication of, if not a trigger for, his descent into madness."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/chess/3607597/The-Sunday-chess-column.html

I can find no reference to his boasting about sleeping with Miles girlfriend.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 00:562 edits
    you can find a facsimile of the entire obituary here, Short does claim that he slept with
    Miles chick for revenge, whether its in bad taste, judge for yourselves,

I obtained a measure of revenge not only by eclipsing Tony in terms of chess
    performance but also by sleeping with his girlfriend, which was definitely satisfying but
    perhaps not entirely gentlemanly - Nigel short

http://streathambrixtonchess.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/ten-years-ago-this-week.html
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 01:26

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 01:46

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 02:563 edits
    While that may all be very true and valid dear Dutchess i was simply wondering what
    women, even on the rebound, would want to bed a Super geek like Nigel Short? My
    admiration for a ladies fortitude in the face of sheer sliminess has gone up no end.
    Jana Bellin, killed three birds with one stone, wow and managed a career on top of
    that. Poor Bill Hartson, now i understand why he was always so pained looking.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '12 21:391 edit

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 07:151 edit
    Yes its understandable that such high profile sports personalities should warrant such
    attention. I read that Nigels wife is a drama therapist which given his propensity for
    creating it, is rather fortuitous. What have you to say about the ladies individual
    tournament dear Dutchess? Neck lines may have been pulled up but it seems that in
    the process so were skirt hems, with at least two of the medallists sporting mini skirts,
    Miss Anna Muzychuk's being almost a micro skirt!
  14. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 14:09
    Shak has left the event.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I obtained a measure of revenge not only by eclipsing Tony in terms of chess performance but also by sleeping with his girlfriend, which was definitely satisfying but perhaps not entirely gentlemanly - Nigel short

http://streathambrixtonchess.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/ten-years-ago-this-week.html
    Never mind ungentlemanly versus Miles - this conduct regarding the woman in question forever more marks out Short as a cad of the lowest order. What a low-life. I can entirely understand Cheparinov not wanting to shake the hands of such a maggot.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree