1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have never been one for strict time keeping and i thought that you were allowed some leeway, why the authorities have introduced zero tolerance i do not know
    It depends, I would think, on how much a late entry can disturb already present players. If a late arrival is no big deal, well, start the clocks and let the late player create his own punishment. If, by contrast, he would interrupt several other players' concentration by moving through their ranks to his own table, then I would think that a forfeiture, and beign prevented from so interrupting them, would be a correct measure. Not knowing how the players in this championship are seated, I can't comment on this case, but I can see their point in principle.

Richard
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:341 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:48
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There is a reason for this, and its first name is Kirsan. When's the next election - or rather, is there ever going to be a real election again?

Richard
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 22:49
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Never mind ungentlemanly versus Miles - this conduct regarding the woman in question forever more marks out Short as a cad of the lowest order. What a low-life. I can entirely understand Cheparinov not wanting to shake the hands of such a maggot.

Richard
    hes just so Geeky, the epitome of Geekdome!
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:00
    hes just so Geeky, the epitome of Geekdome!
    No. A true geek would never descend that far. If anything, he's a nerd - that is, someone who aspires to geekdom but has neither the true intelligence nor sufficient personality to achieve it.

Richard
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:051 edit
    I dont think you can contrast chess with say pole vaulting dear Dutchess, there are
    other sports which demand more physicality and thus clothes may hamper ones
    efforts, this cannot be said of chess. I am in agreement for a dress code for men as
    well as women, it loathes me to see training shoes and t-shirts, unshaven and
    sometimes unwashed men sitting at the board, they should at least honour the
    occasion and wear a shirt and tie, i would.

One has to be a man to understand the attraction that the mammary glands have,
    its not just the perfect contours and alluring symmetry, the soft affable texture
    culminating to a point of glorious shapeliness, its what they are attached to that's
    the killer! One need not compromise femininity at the hands of modesty, the sari is
    a perfect example, showing off the form, yet with grace and modesty.

Is it really so much that insist that one dresses appropriately for the occasion, after
    all, one would not wear a three piece suit on the beach nor a bikini while commuting
    to work, would one?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:09
    No. A true geek would never descend that far. If anything, he's a nerd - that is, someone who aspires to geekdom but has neither the true intelligence nor sufficient personality to achieve it.

Richard
    ahh such subtle distinctions, i thought a nerd was a geek, i stand corrected.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:13
    I dont think you can contrast chess with say pole vaulting dear Dutchess, there are other sports which demand more physicality and thus clothes may hamper ones efforts, this cannot be said of chess. I am in agreement for a dress code for men as well as women, it loathes me to see training shoes and t-shirts, unshaven and sometimes unwashed men sitting at the board, they should at least honour the
    occasion and wear a shirt and tie, i would.
    A tie!? Never! A shirt, certainly. A suit, perhaps. But ties restrict the flow of blood to the brain, and are therefore to be eschewed by anyone who favours his mind.

Attraction, certainly. But while to be attracted to them is a sign of a man (straight, at least - or gay woman!), to be distracted is the sign of a boy. Real men notice, but are not bothered (and do not make dumb remarks).

Richard
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:20
    A tie!? Never! A shirt, certainly. A suit, perhaps. But ties restrict the flow of blood to the brain, and are therefore to be eschewed by anyone who favours his mind.

Attraction, certainly. But while to be attracted to them is a sign of a man (straight, at ...[text shortened]... sign of a boy. Real men notice, but are not bothered (and do not make dumb remarks).

Richard
    my dear sir, one should wear a tie, one may loosen it or even buy a properly fitted one,
    it need to be restrictive. If you are a young man, who prior to the game happened to
    spend the previous night, biting your pillow in anguish for want of a companion and are
    presented at the board with such allurement, is it not the case that distracting thoughts
    may cross your mind?
  10. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    30 Mar '12 23:25
    It depends, I would think, on how much a late entry can disturb already present players. If a late arrival is no big deal, well, start the clocks and let the late player create his own punishment. If, by contrast, he would interrupt several other players' concentration by moving through their ranks to his own table, then I would think that a forfeiture, ...[text shortened]... p are seated, I can't comment on this case, but I can see their point in principle.

Richard
    Whens the last time you were at a chess tournament? Arriving late would cause the same disruption as a player going to the toilet or for a fag or beer or just for a walk. Are these guys chained to their seats now? If so a "toilet" incident could prove very embarrassing.😳
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 00:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 00:43
    So long as you have a Pimms in one hand and a punnet of strawberrys in another, with an umbrella close at hand, you cant go far wrong. Don't know about the spectators though, maybe a good book?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 09:021 edit
    Yes this was my point in introducing two contrasting environments, yet there are many
    factors which might dictate other than current fashion, cultural or religious implications
    by way of example, what's the word? keep them safely tucked away.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by hedonist
    So long as you have a Pimms in one hand and a punnet of strawberrys in another, with an umbrella close at hand, you cant go far wrong. Don't know about the spectators though, maybe a good book?
    A Pimms No.1 with crushed ice , summer fruits and lemonade for me please!
  15. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 11:15
    Akopian - Khalifman

Black played 18...Ng4!?!?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree