03 Apr '12 22:151 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 22:233 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    What is wrong with teh quote? Whoever said that is a genius... oh wait I just saw the name below the quote.

BTW this quote is from Thread 145514 it is on page two and the correct quote is thus:

"You shouldn't be allowed to post seeing as you're a woman.

Women are always wrong.

😛"

PS I don't dislike women (there goes your misogyny theory) I dislike you. You are bat crazy.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 06:54
    and they all lived happily ever after . . . . . 😛
  6. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 07:541 edit
    I find it hard (difficult) to believe that there are male heterosexual chess players here arguing that women should expose less of their breasts. Go with it, dullards!

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/live_nude_girl/
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 09:12
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    I find it hard (difficult) to believe that there are male heterosexual chess players here arguing that women should expose less of their breasts. Go with it, dullards!

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/live_nude_girl/
    Marcel Duchamp doesn't count, he had no life in him at that age!
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    So am I. But apparently, FIDE is not, and does insist that women cover up to prevent us poor men from getting distracted. They haven't asked us whether we want to be distracted or not.

With regard to 'decree(ing) that all women players shall modestly cover their heads', would Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, a Buddhist, seek guidance from various scholars of Islamic law and custom?

Why not? It's only a little sillier than the rule under discussion.

Richard
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Then I suggest you play blindfold chess. Demanding modesty is draconian, how?
    Your opinion of "modesty" does not conform to that of most of your compatriots, but it does seem quite similar to that of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. If the mere sight of a woman's chest is so traumatising to you, I'm surprised you manage to survive in today's Glasgow. Perhaps you should start wearing a blindfold, to protect your poor impressionable mind from such perversions as, shock horror, a woman who is not ashamed of herself?

Richard
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:39
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Your opinion of "modesty" does not conform to that of most of your compatriots, but it does seem quite similar to that of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov. If the mere sight of a woman's chest is so traumatising to you, I'm surprised you manage to survive in today's Glasgow. Perhaps you should start wearing a blindfold, to protect your poor impressionable mind from such perversions as, shock horror, a woman who is not ashamed of herself?

Richard
    the actual rules,

13.2 Dress rules for the players during the games
    In general, players are required to follow the code of casual dressing which means:

for men dress trousers or jeans, a long-sleeve or shirt-sleeve dress shirt, alternatively T-shirt or polo, loafers or dressy slip-ons, socks, shoes or sneakers (no beach-wear slips, etc.) and, if appropriate, a sport coat or blazer. The trousers, the jeans as well as the shirts and polo’s worn should be crisp and show no excessive wear, no holes and shall be free of body odor.
    for women blouses, turtleneck, T-shirts or polo’s, trousers, jeans or slacks, skirts, dresses, and appropriate footwear (boots, flats, mid-heel or high-heel shoes, sneakers with sock) or any other appropriate clothing modification.
    a jacket, vest or sweater, a scarf, as well as jewelry (earrings, necklace, etc.) coordinated to the outfit may be worn.
    the pieces of the clothing should be crisp, show no excessive wear, no holes and shall be free of body odor.
    in respect to shirts, the second from the top button may also be opened in addition to the very top button.
    sunglasses, glasses, neck ties can be worn during the games, no caps or hats, except for religious reasons.
    in general, this category of appearance demands a pulled-together, harmonious, complete look with colors, fabrics, shoes, and accessories, for both men and women.
    national costumes which fit into the generally accepted dress code and are not offensive or indecent to others can be worn

13.3 Dress rules for the winning players or the winning teams during prize-giving ceremonies

the rules set for these events are valid for a player or any member of a team, including the captain and the delegation chief who is rewarded by a prize in the chess event and thus he/she appears and receives the award in front of the other players and the audience
    such a person shall follow the dress code of business casual (or by another name elegant casual) which means long trousers, shirt, jacket, with or without tie (no t-shirts, no polo, no jeans, no sports shoes or sneakers or slippers, no hats or caps -except for religious reasons-) and the equivalent style of dress for the women players.
    national costumes which are not offensive or indecent to others may be worn.
    it is recommended that teams should be uniformly dressed even if a team uniform is not available.
    a special set of rules is established for the European Individual Championship award ceremonies where the dress code is informal which means a suit with tie, appropriate shoes and the equivalent style of dress for the women player. National costume may be worn in the event.

13.5 Tournament Officials will have the right to give official warning to any player not properly attired. The first warning will be a verbal one. When a player is a member of a team, his/her captain will also be informed. The second time a player will be in breach with the Dress Code he/she will receive a second warning. This warning will be confirmed to the player in writing the same day. When a player is a member of a team, his/her captain will receive a copy of this warning the same day. The player received the written warning will present him/herself to the tournament officials, if it is a team player accompanied by the captain, one hour before the start of the next round. If a player is then still in breach of the Dress Code he/she can be send back to dress appropriately. If he/she does not cooperate, he/she will be denied access to the playing area.

13.6 A player not dressed according to the Code can be refused to attend the opening or closing ceremony. Spectators not properly attired will have to leave the playing area.

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7970
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:39
    but she has a certain bias, due to her gender, which may influence her ability to remain objective.
    You just lost the last shred of respect I still had for you.

Richard
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:41
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    You just lost the last shred of respect I still had for you.

Richard
    LOL, dont worry, ill make it worse for me in time!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:32

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 01:511 edit

15. Standard memberdzirilli
    Duchampion
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 03:50
    Marcel Duchamp doesn't count, he had no life in him at that age!
    blasphemy. he was always full of life and soared to eternity when his time came.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree