Dave
  2. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 10:17
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Is now up in the Announcements forum

Dave
    Strange stuff. We will again pick the same persons that did the job well. Then why they were dismissed in first place ?
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 10:47
    [vid]16[/vid]
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 12:09
    Originally posted by Korch
    [vid]16[/vid]
    I would like to hear from themselves why they should get my vote.
    Their opinion of cheating, and how severe the action will be, how active they can promise to be in moderate games, and other things of interest.
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 12:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Their opinion of cheating, and how severe the action will be, how active they can promise to be in moderate games, and other things of interest.
    I think alot of that was spelled out in the Game mod thread in announcements as well as the cludi leaving thread in Only Chess.

Maybe someone can post those two threads.

Dave
  6. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 12:285 edits
    Their opinion of cheating, and how severe the action will be, hONE , and other things of interest.
    Why should you vote for me?:
    Because I`m experienced OTB player (FIDE ELO 2169, Latvia rating 2278) who have been played against humans and engines. I have experience to analyse my finished games using engine. So I will be able to differ engine like moves from human moves.

My attitude to cheating: Negative. I have been reported about one cheater in my clan and removed him from 3 days league team when I started to suspect him. That guy was banned after that. I dont like when banned cheaters return to play in RHP. Also I have been reported about number of cheaters which are banned now.

About "how severe the action will be"?
    As I have understood mods only will make analysis and decisions about actions (to ban pr not to ban) is taken by site admins.

How active I can promise to be in moderate games?
    I can guarantee to find at least few hours per week for analysing.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 12:44
    1) I've been at the forefront of the fight against engine use here at RHP from before the first Game Mods debate. I have a lot of experience in analyzing games and have IDed numerous cheats.

2) Cheating is a cancer at this site and most knowledgeable players here are aware it is rampant.

3) I think from what I understand the Game Mods' prior standards were too lax; there are many blatant cheaters here operating freely. While the Site Admins are ultimately responsible for the final decisions, I think the Game Mod team should be more forceful in demanding prompt action. I have already proposed that once the team has found overwhelming evidence of guilt, the player should be given an "involuntary vacation" and not allowed to move i.e. continue to cheat until the Site Admins finally take action. I think a full review of the Game Mods prior practices and criteria is essential with a view to improving them to assure that cheats are swiftly IDed and dealt with;

4) I already spend hours a week analyzing completed games with Fritz and have made myself available to other players to submit users that they think are suspicious. There are many, but I'd be happy to use whatever time is necessary.
  8. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 13:56
    I became a game mod in June 2005, committed to combating the ongoing engine abuse at RHP.

I have developed formatting and batch analysis tools that have greatly assisted game moderation at RHP.

I believe I am conscientious and fair-minded. When I err it is typically on the side of caution.

If elected/selected I would bring know-how, integrity and continuity to the team.
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 13:59
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I became a game mod in June 2005, committed to combating the ongoing engine abuse at RHP.

I have developed formatting and batch analysis tools that have greatly assisted game moderation at RHP.

I believe I am conscientious and fair-minded. When I err it is typically on the side of caution.

If elected/selected I would bring know-how, integrity and continuity to the team.
    I dont think that anyone has reason to doubt about your suitability to game mod post 🙂
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 14:28
    All comments on Thread 89512 are welcome.
  11. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:09
    I've been on this site basically since it started. I think I've shown a great deal of loyalty to this site. I've been a forum moderator for nearly as long. I think I've done a good job, being respectful and fair, etc...and hopefully nearly everyone on this site trusts me with the job. That said, if other people feel there are better for the job, then so be it! 😀
  12. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:24
    Originally posted by Korch
    [b]Why should you vote for me?:
    Because I`m experienced OTB player (FIDE ELO 2169, Latvia rating 2278) who have been played against humans and engines. I have experience to analyse my finished games using engine. So I will be able to differ engine like moves from human moves.

My attitude to cheating: Negative. I have been reported about one che ...[text shortened]... be in moderate games?[/b]
    I can guarantee to find at least few hours per week for analysing.[/b]
    nice resume
  13. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:31
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher

Well we all know you're qualified.

Just one question how come you started the site at 1500 and are now 2200? I looked at a few of them and they seem to have a lot of tactical mistakes, did you move alot quicker back then? You're moving slow as molasses in our game thats for sure.
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:51
    Thanks for the heads up.
  15. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 15:521 edit
    To Korch, Tony & David Tebb...
    I just want to make it clear that none of you have the right to know who I voted for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree