1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 16:54
    Originally posted by Adorea
    i know i don't have any suffrage on RHP....but i require that the new mod at least eats cheese once a month. If he doesn't, he's not human!

/uselesspost
    Well...There are folks who are lactoose intolerant too 😛
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 16:55
    So no one knows how long the Voting will be going on for, or just not saying ? It can't be that big a secret 😛
  3. back in business
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 16:56
    Originally posted by polux
    If such, maybe all subscribers should be messaged as for the recent 'i don't use engine ' thing ?
    I agree. There should be more voters than on all the other polls on the vote page.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 17:05
    If such, maybe all subscribers should be messaged as for the recent 'i don't use engine ' thing ?
    I would guess a lot of people just want to play chess, and they don't care about what goes on behind the curtain (game mods, etc.). I'm not sure you'd want a lot of votes from people who aren't interested in that issue.
  5. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 18:44
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I would guess a lot of people just want to play chess, and they don't care about what goes on behind the curtain (game mods, etc.). I'm not sure you'd want a lot of votes from people who aren't interested in that issue.
    well thats the thing, maybe they should!
    You could still add a 'not interested' option into the mods list ?
  6. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 18:50
    well thats the thing, maybe they should!
    You could still add a 'not interested' option into the mods list ?
    Yeah, in the "Cludi Deciding to Leave" thread, I pretty much changed my mind to agree with you about that - letting everyone know about the vote with an option that they didn't have to vote would be OK in my mind.
  7. back in business
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 20:24
    Everybody was made to tick the box that they will not use engines so everybody should take part in the voting as the game mods will decide who has violated what was being ticked.
  8. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by ludz
    Everybody was made to tick the box that they will not use engines so everybody should take part in the voting as the game mods will decide who has violated what was being ticked.
    I agree that everybody should take part in the voting IF they have an interest in choosing the game mods. But if they don't have that interest, I fail to see how their uninformed votes would help the situation. These uninformed votes would just have the potential to turn it into a popularity contest (or more of one), or one of just picking at random.

And I fail to see the logical connection between having to tick the box pledging no engine use and having to vote for game mods.
  9. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 20:41
    I agree that everybody should take part in the voting IF they have an interest in choosing the game mods. But if they don't have that interest, I fail to see how their uninformed votes would help the situation. These uninformed votes would just have the potential to turn it into a popularity contest (or more of one), or one of just picking at random.

And ...[text shortened]... nection between having to tick the box pledging no engine use and having to vote for game mods.
    Yeah I agree. I feel like it's unnecessary for everyone to vote. I would guess that the forums are a pretty decent representation of the RHP community as a whole, and it doesn't seem silly to me for 300 or so votes to be enough. Having all 20000 or so vote would be equivalent to having every person in the USA voting for the president, kids and all. It doesn't help the vote to have more people if they have absolutely no idea who the people up for the vote are, or what they're about. People would just go to the votes section, and vote for the Tebb, Gatecrasher, and Korch because they have the most votes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree