1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:132 edits
    Perhaps it may be too little too late for me to get voted in, but I think I should still make an argument for myself.

You guys have to understand that having a high rating on this site doesn't mean anything if you can't prove you're a real player.

There have been cheating accusations around a couple of the high rated players applying for the mod team, which would automatically make me skeptical of them, but that's for you guys to decide.

Anyhow, !~Tony~!, Tebb, and Crasher are solid. Crasher seems to have, by far, the most experience when it comes to catching engine abusers.

As to the doubts about my ability to discern engine users from real players, I may not be as strong as those 3 I listed above, but I would certainly have some idea. BTW: You guys seem to have no problem letting Phlabibit in, and I would be willing to put myself up against him in discerning engine use any day.

My biggest benefit has to be that I'm more strict and vocal than the other candidates. Honestly, I would prefer to have a ban first, ask questions later type of setup - although I doubt Russ would go for it. Honestly, some people are beyond blatant cheaters and allowing them to play on this site is just inane.

If you guys have any other questions about my credentials, see some of my other posts in Announcements in the original (now closed) thread.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    My OTB rating is 1503 after 15 tournaments. That's about the same as !~TONY~! was at the same stage.
    That line is completely misleading, and as far as I'm concerned, should be discredited by anyone who reads that. I'd be willing to bet that !~Tony~!'s otb at that time was very similar to his RHP rating, unlike yours.

Plus, !~Tony~! was probably around 16 or so at that time...remember, players improve over time...
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:35
    Wow, so i must be 1400 OTB.....i find that hard to believe.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 05:37
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Wow, so i must be 1400 OTB.....i find that hard to believe.
    1500 doesn't correlate to 2000 - no matter how you'd like to spin it.
  5. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 06:153 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He already posted it and you know it.

Originally posted by no1marauder
    [b]I don't consider it "damning evidence". My OTB rating is 385 points lower than my rating here. If one is used to playing without a clock most of their life in casual settings or on an internet CC site, the changeover to OTB tournament play with a clock ticking can be quite ...[text shortened]... 0 points greater than nmdbaker, and you know his his OTB rating... what was it? 2200?

P-
    [/b]
    WHOA! Don't try to pass this information off as "already told you".
    So no1marauder's rating is now 1889 as compared to over 2100 before, but even at that rating you are admitting that HIS RATING is 385 point BELOW his rating here at RHP!?

No1marauder just said in another thread that this wasn't true when I asked him. NOW, both he and you want to say it IS TRUE!?

Doesn't make you look very good Phalab... to lie like that and then to try to act as if everything was already informed? As you know, I have very little respect for you as a forum moderator; and now you just reinforced that lack of respect,

Maybe some day we'll get the chance to vote your butt out of here! 🙂
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 06:23
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I don't see it mate.

Having 7 days to make a move as compared to one hour for awhole game, and the option to analyse the board for 7 days, and play out lines before you make a move......I can see it.
  7. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 06:32
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I don't see it mate.

Having 7 days to make a move as compared to one hour for awhole game, and the option to analyse the board for 7 days, and play out lines before you make a move......I can see it.
    Nonsense!

1500 is below average club player:
    Basic opening knowledge, spotting routine tactics for both sides, some prophylaxis, some strategy, basic endgame knowledge, sound thought process etc...

2000+ (OTB or CC) is like a different language. Congrats - you're in the top 0.5 % of the chess playing population:
    Strong club player - advanced combinative/positional play, extensive opening repertoire, depth of knowledge of middlegame strategy & endgames...

I could go on but it's a bit like comparing a sunday 5-a-side footballer with a Premiership player.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 08:33
    Originally posted by Arrakis

So no1marauder's rating is now 1889 as compared to over 2100 before, but even at that rating you are admitting that HIS RATING is 385 point BELOW his rating here at RHP!?

No1marauder just said in another thread that this wasn't true when I asked him. NOW, both he and you want to sa ...[text shortened]... lack of respect,

Maybe some day we'll get the chance to vote your butt out of here! 🙂[/b]
    I should have put a sarcasm closer at the end of my statement.

Do the math based on what No1 said, and disregard my addition. It's part of a conversation you may not have been following.

P-
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 12:11
    That line is completely misleading, and as far as I'm concerned, should be discredited by anyone who reads that. I'd be willing to bet that !~Tony~!'s otb at that time was very similar to his RHP rating, unlike yours.

Plus, !~Tony~! was probably around 16 or so at that time...remember, players improve over time...
    What's your OTB rating? Oh, you don't have one!

Thanks for the "expertise".
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 12:12

No1marauder just said in another thread that this wasn't true when I asked him. NOW, both he and you want to sa ...[text shortened]... lack of respect,

You asked me if my rating was 1400. It isn't. There was no lie.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 12:18
    If you're going to accuse me of being a cheat, just say so.

I've told the truth since day one and if you bothered to analyze my games like you said you were going to, you'd know I don't cheat. If this is your pathetic way to try and get more votes than me, it shows a total lack of integrity that disqualifies you from consideration from a position of trust. Personally, I don't care how many votes I get for this, so since you're soooooooooooooooooo needy, I urge everyone who voted for me to change their vote and vote for cmsMaster - his ego obviously needs the stroking.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 12:202 edits
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Nonsense!

1500 is below average club player:
    Basic opening knowledge, spotting routine tactics for both sides, some prophylaxis, some strategy, basic endgame knowledge, sound thought process etc...

2000+ (OTB or CC) is like a different language. Congrats - you're in the top 0.5 % of the chess playing population:
    Strong club player - advanced co ...[text shortened]... ld go on but it's a bit like comparing a sunday 5-a-side footballer with a Premiership player.
    Where'd you read that? On the back of a Schiller book?

Here's the last USCF ratings distribution I can find: http://www.uschess.org/ratings/ratedist.html

A player at 1499, is above 73% of the total members and 52% of the adult members. That's, at the very least, a slightly above average TOURNAMENT player.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 12:23

I'd also like to add, "already told you" was directed at Cash, not you. Also, I couldn't care less what you think of me because you don't know how to think.

List of dumb stuff from Arrakis includes:

RHP uses spyware
    Stunt drivers can drive 2 inches apart through slides
    Che@s are bad for RHP, unless they join your clan
    Crack addicted mothers are better than woman who don't have babies
    Fat women are worthless

List goes on.

P-
  14. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 13:10
    Over the board, OTB play has about as much correlation with correspondence play as being an astronaunt to skateboarding. There is no match between these disciplines of chess. This has been discussed before ad infinitum and ad naseum 🙁
  15. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 13:40

16's about right. Anyway, no1, I can't say that cms does have an OTB rating, but I see him on ICC chuggin away all the time, if that means anything to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree