1. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 14:48
    Originally posted by z00t
    Give a game where the King wanders like it did with the guy in this thread. That is not "part" of the KG.
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1079887

Short's 12th move was Ke3, in a full-up middlegame. You really can only get away with stuff like this in King's Gambit lines.
  2. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 15:15
    Sometimes you can get away with wandering in the Fried Liver:

Game 1566670

My opp. did have some better moves early, but I think they would have led to draws.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 19:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 19:15
    Originally posted by CrawlIce
    Sometimes you can get away with wandering in the Fried Liver:

Game 1566670

My opp. did have some better moves early, but I think they would have led to draws.
    That's one active king! 😵
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 01:44
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I just looked at the game again--it'd been a while--and you're right, my moves were pretty bold. I think that after my opp. played Nxf7 followed by Qf3+, I thought I was pretty much toast, so I just played to have fun. 🙂
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 01:55
    Give a game where the King wanders like it did with the guy in this thread. That is not "part" of the KG.
    For knowing nothing about the KG you sure do pretend to be the foremost expert on it.

It seems to wander in 3.Bc4 and Cunningham games.
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 02:28
    Originally posted by Sir Timothy
    How many players above 2000 are honest?
    I'd like to see a lot more people booted. These cheaters don't seem to realize that their every move is recorded history!

Whenever I suspect a person is a cheater I d/l their game into Fritz and if I get a lot of matches in positions where there are several choices, I send the game and the person's identity on to the mods.

It may take a while, but eventually the cheaters are caught and banned!
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 02:41
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    I'd like to see a lot more people booted. These cheaters don't seem to realize that their every move is [b]recorded history!

Whenever I suspect a person is a cheater I d/l their game into Fritz and if I get a lot of matches in positions where there are several choices, I send the game and the person's identity on to the mods.

It may take a while, but eventually the cheaters are caught and banned![/b]
    Even if I caught a cheater, I think that I'd be too lazy to actually report him/her
  9. SubscriberkNIGHTHEAD
    aka DEFIANT
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 15:22
    So if we have a hunch that somebody is cheating, what is the appropriate way to go about reporting him.?
  10. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 15:33
    Originally posted by kNIGHTHEAD
    So if we have a hunch that somebody is cheating, what is the appropriate way to go about reporting him.?
    Send feedback from the link at the foot of the page.
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 15:39
    Originally posted by kNIGHTHEAD
    As dragonfire said-send feedback-but with every reason you suspect him/her and evidence to support it. As much as possible.
  12. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 16:13
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    For knowing nothing about the KG you sure do pretend to be the foremost expert on it.

It seems to wander in 3.Bc4 and Cunningham games.
    Perhaps then that is the reason "top GMs" do not play the KG? Heard of Kasparov, Karpov, Kramnik playing the KG?
  13. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 16:211 edit
    Perhaps then that is the reason "top GMs" do not play the KG? Heard of Kasparov, Karpov, Kramnik playing the KG?
    And have you heard about top GM Morozevich? About his well-known victory against Anand in KG? It have been posted in one of the previous threads.
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 16:441 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    It may be the case that the point where the opening book runs out is the most problematical area for an engine. The opening book may have taken the engine into areas that a human player would judge as being equal or better but the engine is uncomfortable in. The latest version of Crafty has an option to allow the engine to calculate much longer for the first available for PC. Once the source becomes available I will be able to compile and check it out.
    Where did you read that? Crafty is available from Dr Hyatt's site. It would not stand a chance in the PlayChess engine room. Do you have an example game?

If you saw the game that I posted here from the engine room, it was because the book author has 60 moves in Sicilians but 5 in the French. Even with this new feature allegedly in Crafty/any other engine, engines play crap when out of book in closed positions.
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 16:58
    Where did you read that? Crafty is available from Dr Hyatt's site. It would not stand a chance in the PlayChess engine room. Do you have an example game?

If you saw the game that I posted here from the engine room, it was because the book author has 60 moves in Sicilians but 5 in the French. Even with this new feature allegedly in Crafty/any other engine, engines play crap when out of book in closed positions.
    Where did I read what? That Crafty has the facility to extend calculation time for the first move after the opening book has been exhausted is here http://www.craftychess.com/ Look at the last line in the crafty.rc file listed towards the bottom of the page. I did not at any point say that Crafty was not available from Dr. Hyatt's site nor did I say anything about the strength of Crafty relative to any other engine playing in a place I do not frequent. I did not say anything about any game you posted nor did I say anything about any particular feature of Crafty enabling it to play well or otherwise in closed positions. Now, what exactly is your problem with that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree