1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:02
    You said "Once the source becomes available" ..... go to the authors site for the source.
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:11
    Originally posted by z00t
    You said "Once the source becomes available" ..... go to the authors site for the source.
    Unfortunately the source for for version 21.5 is not yet available. The source for version 20.9 is available on Dr. Hyatt's site but unfortunately not 21.5. It seems that Dr. Hyatt is not now the only developer working on Crafty.

Could you now explain how my agreeing that engines often play badly when dropped into closed lines by a book file justifies your aggressive and rude reply?
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:28
    Originally posted by Kepler
    Unfortunately the source for for version 21.5 is not yet available. The source for version 20.9 is available on Dr. Hyatt's site but unfortunately not 21.5. It seems that Dr. Hyatt is not now the only developer working on Crafty.

Could you now explain how my agreeing that engines often play badly when dropped into closed lines by a book file justifies your aggressive and rude reply?
    Is this what you are on about?

Originally posted by crafty.rc
    timebook 80 8 (Tells Crafty to think 80% longer on the first move out of book, then decrease the time over the next 8 moves)

That will not "save the engine". In this condition engines lose on time.
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:32
    Originally posted by z00t
    Is this what you are on about?

Originally posted by crafty.rc
    [b]timebook 80 8 (Tells Crafty to think 80% longer on the first move out of book, then decrease the time over the next 8 moves)

That will not "save the engine". In this condition engines lose on time.[/b]
    I don't recall ever saying it would save anything. I doubt an 80% increase in calculation time on the first move out of book would cause the engine to lose on time since the engine has already had the benefit of several instant moves from book.

Now perhaps you could turn your attention to justifying your rude and aggressive reply to my post.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:331 edit

z00t seems to like aggressive and rude replies.

I actually think he is trying to goad us into some sort of indiscretion to prove a pathetic point.

You need to calm down and have your wife bring you "a nice cup of tea"
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:39
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    z00t seems to like aggressive and rude replies.

I actually think he is trying to goad us into some sort of indiscretion to prove a pathetic point.

You need to calm down and have your wife bring you "a nice cup of tea"
    I remember what happened last time she brought me a cup of tea. I got dumped into an unsuitable line when my book ran out and I uttered a number of profanities. I think I need more beer.
  7. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 17:52
    I think I need more beer.
    Beer, now there's a temporary solution!
  8. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 21:023 edits
    Soooooooooo Dragon Fire,

What is a jet bike? Does it burn Jet A? When someone like me reads that you have a jet bike I think of something that hauls but is a bit slow of the line. Is it available with an afterburner?

Z🙄
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by zeilgang
    Soooooooooo Dragon Fire,

What is a jet bike? Does it burn Jet A? When someone like me reads that you have a jet bike I think of something that hauls but is a bit slow of the line. Is it available with an afterburner?

Z🙄
    A Jet Bike is a PWC (Personal Water Craft), you can sit on it, unlike a Jet Ski which you can stand on.

It does about 30 knots when the sea is calm. I am not able to manage that very often.

It is not as fast as your Jet Plane but I cannot afford one of those (yet!). Only very fast Jet Planes have after burners (to the best of my knowledge).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree