King's Indian Attack?

King's Indian Attack?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Oh, well what do you play there, Ka2?
no, Bxc5!

how does the king move 2 squares to a2?

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
no, Bxc5!

how does the king move 2 squares to a2?
See the edit. I don't see how Bxc5 works.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

See the edit. I don't see how Bxc5 works.
because Kxc5 and my king reaches a1, when he can never queen the a pawn!

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

because Kxc5 and my king reaches a1, when he can never queen the a pawn!
Right, I told you I need endgame work. 😕

I was sitting there trying to work out how you could win that a pawn, I wasn't even thinking wrong colored bishop stuff. It'd probably boost my rating 200 points if I knew how to play the endgame well. I basically only know K + P, Major piece, and minor piece endgames. 😕

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Right, I told you I need endgame work. 😕

I was sitting there trying to work out how you could win that a pawn, I wasn't even thinking wrong colored bishop stuff. It'd probably boost my rating 200 points if I knew how to play the endgame well. I basically only know K + P, Major piece, and minor piece endgames. 😕
well then buy Silman's Complete Endgame Course from Beginner to Master when it comes out

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

well then buy Silman's Complete Endgame Course from Beginner to Master when it comes out
I plan to. 🙂

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

I plan to. 🙂
he said in person that he planned to have it priced in the low $20s

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

he said in person that he planned to have it priced in the low $20s
That's pretty good, there was another one I planned to get, but I can't think of the authors name right now. *Author's name's* Endgame Manual I think. Oh god, this is going to drive me nuts.

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06
1 edit

That's pretty good, there was another one I planned to get, but I can't think of the authors name right now. *Author's name's* Endgame Manual I think. Oh god, this is going to drive me nuts.
http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/recommended_chess_books/Dvoretsky%27s+Endgame+Manual+%282nd+Ed%29

though you've got to be a machine to go through all 402 pages of that

i was planning to get ask for it for christmas until I went to a tournament in november and heard Silman talk about his new book

c

Moves
24 Dec 06

http://www.wholesalechess.com/chess/recommended_chess_books/Dvoretsky%27s+Endgame+Manual+%282nd+Ed%29

though you've got to be a machine to go through all 402 pages of that

i was planning to get ask for it for christmas until I went to a tournament in november and heard Silman talk about his new book
Yes, that's it! Thank you!

Oh, I'm a machine, all the ladies tell me so. 😕

It'll take some time. 😛

Y

Moves
24 Dec 06

Yes, that's it! Thank you!

Oh, I'm a machine, all the ladies tell me so. 😕

It'll take some time. 😛
1st off, this is post 100 of this thread, the last 50 have had nothing to do with the actual topic (the KIA)

so to get back on topic after 50 posts...the KIA is great for those with little to no study time or are refurbishing their opening repertoire (like me)

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
24 Dec 06

In OTB I`m playing Kings Indian Attack, when I`m knowing that opponent will play sistem I dontdont know too well and that I`m not prepared against it.

CD
306X0

warum?

Moves
24 Dec 06

------------

As far as the benefits of the KIA over a d4 opening.

The reason this is a good system for a new player is that he is playing other new players most times.

The KIA allows white to develop and castle without worrying too much what black is up to... You could run into 1..., c5 or e5 against d4 and get distracted from your development.[/b]
1. d4 c5 allows 2. d5 and then Nc3 without having to play c4... 1. ...e5 -- just take the free pawn!🙂

I guess I should have specified-- I was referring to the KIA via 1. Nf3-- which is difficult to play -- you folks are probably reaching it thru the 1. e4 move order, which I'm sure is easier to handle.

Y

Moves
27 Dec 06

Originally posted by Korch
In OTB I`m playing Kings Indian Attack, when I`m knowing that opponent will play sistem I dontdont know too well and that I`m not prepared against it.
pssst, it's ' not `

b

Lisbon

Moves
27 Dec 06

I'm looking the web for KIA and everything I find seems to end in an awkward position for White when it starts with 1. Nf3

Can someone show me some interesting transpositions that come from 1. e4 ?