King's Indian Attack?

King's Indian Attack?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
27 Dec 06

Such an ugly response to the French. John Watson doesn't waste more than 9 pages on it.

b

Lisbon

Moves
27 Dec 06
1 edit

You can ignore my previous post 🙂

Also for those interested you can take a look at this book where it shows how to use the KIA against a secilian.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0713482222/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-9675337-3623615#reader-link

mg

Moves
13 Feb 07

Is the Dunnington text considered the standard on the KIA?

A lot seem to be damning the KIA with faint praise--it's a good opening for beginners, or it's a good opening for those who don't want to spend much time studying opening theory, etc. That may be so, but is anyone willing to make a case for the KIA without these standard qualifiers? I'm just starting to, well, study this system a bit and it seems to me a fine basis for building a coherent 1.e4 repertoire that may also be linked to how one plays as black.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.... Thanks.

c

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by more guinness
Is the Dunnington text considered the standard on the KIA?

A lot seem to be damning the KIA with faint praise--it's a good opening for beginners, or it's a good opening for those who don't want to spend much time studying opening theory, etc. That may be so, but is anyone willing to make a case for the KIA without these standard qualifiers? I'm ju ...[text shortened]... inked to how one plays as black.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.... Thanks.
With any opening people with good answers will provide both the plusses and minuses of the opening - there are no perfect openings.

Excluding the KG and Dragon, of course!! 😉

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

I've yet to decide what to do with my Kings Gambit game for your clan!

c

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by Diet Coke
I've yet to decide what to do with my Kings Gambit game for your clan!
Play what you want, but the KG will definitely be the best - be warned, play it once and you're hooked - it happened to me when I was 'fooling around' with it one night and I haven't switched since.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Play what you want, but the KG will definitely be the best - be warned, play it once and you're hooked - it happened to me when I was 'fooling around' with it one night and I haven't switched since.
I'm never ditching the english!

Though I thought that about the Dragon too, but the French has been a heck of a lot of fun. Except those stupid exchange players.

c

Moves
14 Feb 07
1 edit

I'm never ditching the english!

Though I thought that about the Dragon too, but the French has been a heck of a lot of fun. Except those stupid exchange players.
Hey Diet, guess what opening I used before that day I decided to play the KG a couple of times? 🙂

Wow, impressive rating climb! How are you pulling it off with 230 games?! When I have over 20 I can't handle it and my rating...well you can see it on my graph.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

Hey Diet, guess what opening I used before that day I decided to play the KG a couple of times? 🙂
Something about that smile says the English.😲

c

Moves
14 Feb 07

Something about that smile says the English.😲
Game 2013474

Game 2105821

Something about that smile...

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

Game 2013474

Game 2105821

Something about that smile...
😀

The first game has e4!

Heresy!😠

😉

c

Moves
14 Feb 07
1 edit

😀

The first game has e4!

Heresy!😠

😉
I liked the Botvinnik Formation, very easy plan to follow and I could throw of the first 7-10 moves without much thought - which is probably more of a negative than a postive.

BTW: Did you see my edit?

Wow, impressive rating climb! How are you pulling it off with 230 games?! When I have over 20 I can't handle it and my rating...well you can see it on my graph.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

I liked the Botvinnik Formation, very easy plan to follow and I could throw of the first 7-10 moves without much thought - which is probably more of a negative than a postive.
That's why I started the english too. Now I've grown used to it, after what seems like a 1000 games, I find myself uncomfortable with other openings.

c

Moves
14 Feb 07

That's why I started the english too. Now I've grown used to it, after what seems like a 1000 games, I find myself uncomfortable with other openings.
I'm quite comfortable with the KG...I've grown to accept that some pawns need to go. 🙂

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
14 Feb 07

BTW: Did you see my edit?

When you consider the vast majority of those games aren't beyond move ten yet.

Added to that, the general awfullness of my previous play, I think I've given ten queens away, but it's probably closer to 50! I won't even try to count all the other pieces I've dropped.

When I said on another site I reached 1826 I wasn't lying!

Just look at some of the games from the lower section of that graph and you'll find some shockers. Some I've even resigned before my opponent moved.

After a steady increase there's bound to be a little downturn, you're not invincible!😀