1. Joined
    17 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 04:15
    Thanks, cms, for the insight. Any other takes out there on the KIA (as opposed to, say, the KG or the English...)?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 04:16
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    When you consider the vast majority of those games aren't beyond move ten yet.

Added to that, the general awfullness of my previous play, I think I've given ten queens away, but it's probably closer to 50! I won't even try to count all the other pieces I've dropped.

When I said on another site I reached 1826 I wasn't lying!

Just look at some of t ...[text shortened]... fter a steady increase there's bound to be a little downturn, you're not invincible!😀
    I think a lot of things hit me at once - which has always resulted in a rating drop for me, I've felt like I have no time lately and thus was blitzing my moves - resulting in the drop. Today I actually started using the notebook feature - with what seems like a nice improvement - in the one game I didn't bother with the notebook I made a blunder which *should* have cost me the game.
  3. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 04:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I think a lot of things hit me at once - which has always resulted in a rating drop for me, I've felt like I have no time lately and thus was blitzing my moves - resulting in the drop. Today I actually started using the notebook feature - with what seems like a nice improvement - in the one game I didn't bother with the notebook I made a blunder which *should* have cost me the game.
    What do you write down in that?
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 04:44
    In the book Attacking with 1.e4 by GM John Emms, the KIA is the suggested line against the French Defense. While Emms does not claim an advantage for White in all lines, he does indicate that there is a certain logic in playing the KIA specifically against the French, because in many of the good lines for black against the KIA, black would prefer the e-pawn to be on either e7 or e5.

Incidentally, IM Jeremy Silman gave the book a moderately favorable review.
    http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_reviews_rb/rb_attacking_1e4.html
  5. Joined
    17 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 06:07
    Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
    [b]In the book Attacking with 1.e4 by GM John Emms, the KIA is the suggested line against the French Defense.
    Thanks for the reference.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree