1. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:21
    There's always been a fine balance between quick action and the risk af banning innocent players. I believe it worked well when the game moderators excisted although we found that in several cases the time from the evidence presented to the actual banning was way too long...
  2. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:23
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    It doesn't happen. Kasparov, Capablanca, Kramnik and all the other ones chess players don't play like engines. So how come little Joe Schmo can accomplish it? Playing consistently as an engine means that you are an engine.
    Very true.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:24
    Originally posted by cludi
    There's always been a fine balance between quick action and the risk af banning innocent players. I believe it worked well when the game moderators excisted although we found that in several cases the time from the evidence presented to the actual banning was way too long...
    Word up.
  4. Amsterdam
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:35
    Very true..

This is way too long..

That's why the rumours started spreading I guess..

And when those rumours are there, Site Admins should deal with that quickly..

Either to state that the evidence was not sufficient and protect an innocent player.. or to apply the rules when evidence is sufficient..

To remain silent is not benefitting any party involved..
  5. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:39
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn

That's why the rumours started spreading I guess..

I'm not so sure about that...
  6. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:41
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Either to state that the evidence was not sufficient and protect an innocent player.. or to apply the rules when evidence is sufficient..

To remain silent is not benefitting any party involved..
    I agree!
  7. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:42
    Why do you think they are spreading?
  8. Amsterdam
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:44
    Ok, I can not judge that, I haven't been there from the beginning..
    Only heard about it by the end of February.. so for me it started when the rumour was already there..

Still I think it's needed that Site Admins open up on the case:
  9. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 14:45
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Why do you think they are spreading?
    It's not a question of why, but a question of how!
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 15:07
    It's not a question of why, but a question of how!
    Because direct accusations are banned?
  11. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 15:40
    I have played in a number of games where a player suddenly seems to be playing at a much higher skill level. Not necessarily by using an engine, but I felt maybe a better player had taken over the game.

Is this acceptable or is it also regarded as cheating ?
  12. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 15:43
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    I have played in a number of games where a player suddenly seems to be playing at a much higher skill level. Not necessarily by using an engine, but I felt maybe a better player had taken over the game.

That would be cheating, but if there is no engine involved, impossible to proof.
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 15:43

It is cheating if indeed true. But most likely what happens is that the other guy realised he's in a tough spot and wised up. It happens to all of us. A couple of bad moves and then it hit us. So now it's time to play real hard and try to make the best of it.
  14. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 15:56

I've had games where I was so drunk I couldn't remember moving in them the next day, and I've had games where I spent more than an hour on a single move. For an opponents view that hardly seems like the same guy.
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 16:511 edit
    Well this is ironic...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree