Russ, do you protect people from banning?

Russ, do you protect people from banning?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e
voyeur

Zagreb

Moves
05 Mar 08

any official response would be nice 🙂

v

Moves
05 Mar 08

come on, it is not good to ban them...as a non registered user I prefer to loose the games against them instead of taking away my game slots for monthes....

Hedonistic H. Sapien

South Africa

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Maybe it's possible to make Russ respond to all the rumours..
Thread 88227, dealing with the same subject, is already counting 159 post today.. and no response from Russ..

It's a fact that there was found prove of using the engine [b]Fritz
by one individual back in January..

It's a fact that this prove has been shown to Rus ...[text shortened]... proven cheating..

Why are you not acting Russ!?

Why are you not responding?
[/b]
If I was Russ I would probably take a long holiday after the nightmare that he has just been through with the site - hence the slow feedback.

I do agree that if there is enough proof, any player suspected of cheating should be banned immediately to make sure that trust is kept in the site.

The site admin can always put a 'board of appeal' or some such in place for banned players who feel they were unjustly treated to appeal the decision later. But first, their account should be frozen.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by efilmar
any official response would be nice 🙂
I agree.

I expect Russ is already up to something devilishly brilliant on this whole issue (for the medium/longer term) ... but some kind of update on this particular case would be good now given the rumours flying around.

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
05 Mar 08
1 edit

edit : whoops!

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
05 Mar 08
2 edits

C
Charltonfan

Hextable,Kent

Moves
05 Mar 08

An official response from Russ is needed as soon as possible so everybody knows what action, if any, is being taken. I think I speak for the majority in that if anybody is caught cheating then they should be permanently banned from the site.

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
05 Mar 08

Some people mentioned that only a small number of players (the higher rated ones) are affected, and the majority is not. What, however, will happen when many of this minor fraction will leave the site? This just should not happen, in the interest of all.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Mar 08

I agree that an official statement would be not only nice but required.

Moves
05 Mar 08

parts of this thread seems to disappear at random...

e

Moves
05 Mar 08
5 edits

e
voyeur

Zagreb

Moves
05 Mar 08

what happened to Korch's and Arrakis's posts?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
It's a fact that there was found prove of using the engine Fritz by one individual back in January. It's a fact that this prove has been shown to Russ.
It is a fact that evidence was submitted by an RHP member, and was shown to Russ and Chris. Evidence is not necessarily proof.

Any evidence submitted needs to examined, verified and evaluated. That process was well under way when game moderation was suspended.

It is unfortunate that this matter was not allowed to reach a definite conclusion, whereby the RHP burden of proof (overwhelming evidence beyond a reasonable doubt) could be properly applied, followed by the appropriate action or non-action.

Expediency is no substitute for doing the right thing. History proves that over and over again.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by efilmar
what happened to Korch's and Arrakis's posts?
Apparently they were deleted. I dont know why my post was deleted because I did not made accusations (which I cant say about Arrakis).

And I can repeat main idea of my deleted post - RHP admins should explain their contradictious actions

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ponderable
I agree that an official statement would be not only nice but required.
more so on the required

politeness is a nonissue, at this point; just say it as is

we're waiting, Russ
A1