Animal, Vegetable, Mineral

Animal, Vegetable, Mineral

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @venda
Correct.
A tadpole.Well done
I obviously new a tadpole would [b] eventually
develop a backbone but not at the tadpole stage which is why I answered no to the chordata question.
Consider if the animal was a human embryo and the question was "do you have eyes"? wouldn't the answer be "no" ?[/b]
I considered tadpole, but was thinking of the species and ruled it out, being that the species is chordate. I have to expand my thinking to outside the pond.

Good, one, venda.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Correct.
A tadpole.Well done
I obviously new a tadpole would [b] eventually
develop a backbone but not at the tadpole stage which is why I answered no to the chordata question.
Consider if the animal was a human embryo and the question was "do you have eyes"? wouldn't the answer be "no" ?[/b]
I had 'tadpole' in mind when you said yes to amphibian, but I equated spinal chord (question #4) with the nerve chord present in tadpoles. I should have just gone with my instincts, and ignored what Mr Google was telling me.
#14 (Do you undergo metamorphosis?) was a big clue because of how it's worded... frogs don't undergo metamorphosis, but tadpoles do. 🙂

By the way, those two little dark spots on an embryos head are his (or her) eyes.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Mar 18

This one could also be easy - animal

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @lemon-lime
That’s what they all say.🙂

Are you oviparous?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
04 Mar 18

How many humps have you got?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @js357
That’s what they all say.🙂

Are you oviparous?
animal

1. Are you oviparous?
Yes

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Mar 18

How many humps have you got?
animal

1. Are you oviparous?
Yes
1.5 How many humps have you got?
uhhm, none?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
04 Mar 18

animal

1. Are you oviparous?
Yes
1.5 How many humps have you got?
uhhm, none?
Is your species extinct?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Mar 18

Is your species extinct?
2. Is your species extinct?
No

Moves
04 Mar 18
8 edits

No
In reproduction, does the female of your species release (“lay” ) eggs that have been fertilized by the male inside her body (eg birds) as opposed to releasing underutilized eggs that find male sperm cells that are released by the male, typically in water, (eg fish)? A yes answer points more toward birds although not definitively; a no points toward fish.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Mar 18
1 edit

In reproduction, does the female of your species release (“lay” ) eggs that have been fertilized by the male inside her body (eg birds) as opposed to releasing underutilized eggs that find male sperm cells that are released by the male, typically in water, (eg fish)? A yes answer points more toward birds although not definitively; a no points toward fish.
animal

1. Are you oviparous?
Yes
No
3. does the female of your species release (“lay” ) eggs that have been fertilized by the male?
Yes

Moves
05 Mar 18

animal

1. Are you oviparous?
Yes
No
3. does the female of your species release (“lay” ) eggs that have been fertilized by the male?
Yes
I now see that autocorrect mistakenly put underutilized for unfertilized. If this matters to your answer, chirp once; if it doesn’t, chirp twice.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Mar 18

I now see that autocorrect mistakenly put underutilized for unfertilized. If this matters to your answer, chirp once; if it doesn’t, chirp twice.
chirp chirp

Read a book!

Moves
05 Mar 18

Autocorrect? Is that like a mother-in-law?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Mar 18

Originally posted by @handyandy
Autocorrect? Is that like a mother-in-law?
3.5 Autocorrect? Is that like a mother-in-law?
Yes