Colored balls in a bag

Colored balls in a bag

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by eldragonfly
Wow! Anybody can figure out what i meant, and as a bonus, i am sticking to the subject!! Amazing, eh? Just a misspelling, the editor function doesn't allow me back in. However at least what i said made sense, and is verifiable, unlike your incomplete and extrinsic ramblings.
It wasn't a misspelling, it was a wrong word.
There is a way to edit your posts. But don't bother trying, 'cause it's surely too complicated for you to grasp.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Sep 05

Ahhh, that explains it then. i don't have a television and i don't watch too much cable either. They don't call it a "Boob Tube" for nothing. 😉
I appreciate your self-sacrifice in swearing off TV. You're way too busy entertaining everyone around you. Perhaps even in ways you don't fully realize.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by iamatiger
True - I bought some rechargables recently, they last about 10 times longer than Duracels in my digital camera.
And how much are these rechargeables?

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
22 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I appreciate your self-sacrifice in swearing off TV.
Thanks. i only watched the Simpsons for the most part anyway.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
22 Sep 05

You're way too busy entertaining everyone around you. Perhaps even in ways you don't fully realize.
Again thanks. i play guitar and i enjoy what i do. Still learnin' though..

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
22 Sep 05

It wasn't a misspelling....
No, you don't know what i was thinking as i typed that mush onto that post which ended up in this thread. Also you failed to point out that i spelled every other word correctly, including the brain splitting term "Boob Tube." 😉 On balance i say it was but a very small and insignificant mistake on my part.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Sep 05

No, you don't know what i was thinking as i typed that mush onto that post which ended up in this thread. Also you failed to point out that i spelled every other word correctly, including the brain splitting term "Boob Tube." 😉 On balance i say it was but a very small and insignificant mistake on my part.
I agree that your post was mush.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
22 Sep 05

Here is the redefinition that i feel is necessary, instead of making sloppy and unnecessary guesses.

1) there is a bag with 25 black and 25 white marbles.
2) random draws of two balls are made from the bag.
3) there are also an extra source of 24 white balls, in case one repeatedly draws 2 black balls.
4) if you draw 2 black balls, then put a white ball into the original bag.
5) if you draw 2 white balls, replace one ufo the white balls.
6) if you draw 1 black and 1 white ball, replace only the black ball.
7) Obviously the bag is now decreasing in size.
8) What is the color of the last ball in the bag?

Now the answer is exceedingly clear.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
22 Sep 05
2 edits

Nevermind.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
23 Sep 05

Here is the redefinition that i feel is necessary, instead of making sloppy and unnecessary guesses.

1) there is a bag with 25 black and 25 white marbles.
2) random draws of two balls are made from the bag.
3) there are also an extra source of 24 white balls, in case one repeatedly draws 2 black balls.
4) if you draw 2 black balls, then put a white ...[text shortened]... size.
8) What is the color of the last ball in the bag?

Now the answer is exceedingly clear.
I'm confused.

In step 1) it never says what the 25 black somethings are. This is horribly ambiguous.

In step 2) it never says how many draws to make.

In step 3), where is this extra source coming from? Are you just pulling it out of your ass??

In step 4), why does it need to say 'original' bag? There is only one bag, and a 'source'. Are you concealing secret bags in an attempt to confuse the solver?

Step 5) is the killer. Now you're bring UFO's in!! Jesus, man, isn't the problem already complicated enough?! Didn't you complain about alien influences in the original problem?

I have a real problem with Step 7). With a UFO potentially being added to the bag, I can't tell if it's decreasing in size. In fact, I'd bet it's increasing. UFO's can be pretty damn big.

In step 8), what if the UFO has an alien inside, and the alien has genitalia similar to humans? Do we remove his balls? What if they're neither black nor white??

I demand that you fix these horrible ambiguities instantly or take this utter disgrace of a puzzle off the forum.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Sep 05

You have a bag with 100 balls in it. 25 of the balls are white, 25 are black, 25 are red and 25 are yellow. You draw two balls from the bag at a time. You don't know what color the balls are until you have removed them from the bag. If you draw two white balls, or two black balls, you place a white ball in the bag. If the draw is two balls of different color, you place a black ball in the bag. What is the color of the last ball in the bag?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
23 Sep 05

Originally posted by crazyblue
how disappointing...the title says colored balls and i was looking forward to it, and then its only black and white balls which arent colors. ill give the problem a thought though 😛

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
24 Sep 05
1 edit

I'm confused.
In step 1) it never says what the 25 black somethings are. This is horribly ambiguous.

25 black and 25 white balls contained in one bag.

That's right. Has no effect on the solution; however it is approximately 48.

In step 3), where is this extra source coming from? Are you just pulling it out of your ass??

No it is an alien source of white balls, just in case someone makes repeated selections of two black balls.

In step 4), why does it need to say 'original' bag? There is only one bag, and a 'source'. Are you concealing secret bags in an attempt to confuse the solver?

No. Original here means the same bag, as opposed to a "discard" bag. Simple.

Step 5) is the killer. Now you're bring UFO's in!! Jesus, man, isn't the problem already complicated enough?! Didn't you complain about alien influences in the original problem?

Nonsensical question.

I have a real problem with Step 7). With a UFO potentially being added to the bag, I can't tell if it's decreasing in size. In fact, I'd bet it's increasing. UFO's can be pretty damn big.

Once again a nonsensical interpretation and inquiry.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Sep 05

[b]In step 1) it never says what the 25 black somethings are. This is horribly ambiguous.

25 black and 25 white balls contained in one bag.

That's right. Has no effect on the solution; however it is approximately 48.

In step 3), where is this extra source coming from? Are yo ...[text shortened]... sing. UFO's can be pretty damn big.

Once again a nonsensical interpretation and inquiry.[/b]
LMAO. BTW, try looking up 'parody' in the dictionary.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
24 Sep 05

LMAO. BTW, try looking up 'parody' in the dictionary.
Why? Since you couldn't see the original problem statement was in error, i'm pretty sure you would also have problems with simple words, ideas and concepts. Thanks for proving almost anyone at all with a keyboard can be a sadly misinformed witless "hooligan." 🙄