1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    31 Jul '19 15:47
    @kellyjay said
    So truth now is how all lines of thought line up with those two theories, they are now plum lines by which all other thoughts/theories needs to be judged? This places them as the truth table for all other thoughts on par with the Bible for religious people in how they view truth? You think that is why when they get questioned in minorly that people go nuts about it?
    I am afraid you are doing it yet again; I honestly have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what your above questions are supposed to be asking me (in your mind).
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '19 19:00
    @kellyjay said
    Why focus on fossils, you should turn your attention to today! If all of the changes were done one small step at a time, why don't we see living today a string of not quite humans running around? If the changes were little here and there, shouldn't there be a host of them living today? Not a huge leap away like the big foot variety, instead some that are not at all human wit ...[text shortened]... r models do not automatically die off with every introduction of a tiny change in the physical body.
    The reason they focus on fossils is they cover a much larger stretch of time and therefore can see more major changes rather than the ones noted for the past few hundred years, a small tic on the geological clock.
    Without fossils we would not have the modern version of evolution theory.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '19 19:15
    @sonhouse said
    The reason they focus on fossils is they cover a much larger stretch of time and therefore can see more major changes rather than the ones noted for the past few hundred years, a small tic on the geological clock.
    Without fossils we would not have the modern version of evolution theory.
    That doesn’t help me at all accepting the theory since if true it should be on going.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 14:56
    @kellyjay said
    That doesn’t help me at all accepting the theory since if true it should be on going.
    So you haven't looked at the link I posted. You have to realize you are in the minority on the POV that evolution is bogus
    There is so much evidence for it that you as a disbeliever have to prove wrong.
    We saw evolution in action just in the past hundred years where moths underwent a change in color to help camouflage themselves, going from white to mottled black and that was genetic not due to coal dust in England but because it was a rather fast response to the presence of coal dust which made them stand out to predators, black background V white bodies.
    This is not in dispute, the genetic analysis proves it was a direct evolutionary response to a stress totally human made.

You just can't accept evolution because you are so deeply stuck into the bible.
    As such, there will never be enough evidence for you to go from an evolutionary atheist to a believer.

That is the sad fact of it.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '19 00:31
    @sonhouse said
    So you haven't looked at the link I posted. You have to realize you are in the minority on the POV that evolution is bogus
    There is so much evidence for it that you as a disbeliever have to prove wrong.
    We saw evolution in action just in the past hundred years where moths underwent a change in color to help camouflage themselves, going from white to mottled black and that ...[text shortened]... h evidence for you to go from an evolutionary atheist to a believer.

That is the sad fact of it.
    I read it and commented on it.

I don't care if I'm in a minority opinion, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but it is truth not safety in numbers I'm looking for.

Your moth example was debunked, you need something new.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '19 12:07
    @KellyJay
    Here is a science article from BBC that says otherwise about the moth issue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36424768

But now it is clear no scientific evidence would cause you to change your POV about either evolution or creation.

You are too deeply embedded in your religion to ever have an open mind. Your mind is permanently closed unless you blow away the sham of religion.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '19 16:37
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    Here is a science article from BBC that says otherwise about the moth issue:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36424768

But now it is clear no scientific evidence would cause you to change your POV about either evolution or creation.

You are too deeply embedded in your religion to ever have an open mind. Your mind is permanently closed unless you blow away the sham of religion.
    If I show you how it was and is debunked then what does that mean to you? I suggest trusting all sources that only tell you what you want to hear is a grave error.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '19 00:421 edit
    @KellyJay
    That is how science works. If you provide a valid refutation of 'my' thesis, then if it shows people were using spray paint of some such, it's out the window. If so, so be it, one small victory for you!
    I have no problem being wrong. It was THEIR work after all, not mine. But even if it was proven wrong, how do you explain the genetic analysis? SOMETHING changed the color of those wings.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Aug '19 17:09
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    That is how science works. If you provide a valid refutation of 'my' thesis, then if it shows people were using spray paint of some such, it's out the window. If so, so be it, one small victory for you!
    I have no problem being wrong. It was THEIR work after all, not mine. But even if it was proven wrong, how do you explain the genetic analysis? SOMETHING changed the color of those wings.
    Hear is another study of modern evolution:

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-genomic-reveal-intense-fish-harvesting.html
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Aug '19 12:35
    @sonhouse said
    Hear is another study of modern evolution:

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-genomic-reveal-intense-fish-harvesting.html
    Here is an interesting piece, a caterpillar that senses color through its skin!

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-caterpillars-peppered-moth-skin.html
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Aug '19 15:032 edits
    @sonhouse said
    Here is an interesting piece, a caterpillar that senses color through its skin!

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-caterpillars-peppered-moth-skin.html
    I like where it says they blindfolding the caterpillars in their experiments to make sure they were seeing the colors through their skin and not the eyes; The very first image I imaged in my mind when I read that was the absurd one of them extremely delicately tying on minute dainty white cloth blindfolds over their eyes and tying them on with a tiny blindfold knot at the back of their heads like you would do with a person. Obviously, that's not exactly the way they did it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Aug '19 22:45
    @humy said
    I like where it says they blindfolding the caterpillars in their experiments to make sure they were seeing the colors through their skin and not the eyes; The very first image I imaged in my mind when I read that was the absurd one of them extremely delicately tying on minute dainty white cloth blindfolds over their eyes and tying them on with a tiny blindfold knot at the back of their heads like you would do with a person. Obviously, that's not exactly the way they did it.
    More like a razor blade cutting off the eyes is my guess. Blindfold wink wink....
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '19 17:13
    @sonhouse said
    More like a razor blade cutting off the eyes is my guess. Blindfold wink wink....
    Have not forgotten you just a little busy.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '19 17:48
    @KellyJay
    I go in and out of being busy these days, working part time. When at work it is intense, troubleshooting electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum related problems.
    Right now, wife has three doc appointments so busy today.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '19 19:14
    @sonhouse said
    @KellyJay
    I go in and out of being busy these days, working part time. When at work it is intense, troubleshooting electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum related problems.
    Right now, wife has three doc appointments so busy today.
    I get busy take your time hopefully I am not going away anytime soon! 😃

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree