A Bio Genesis

A Bio Genesis

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
26 Jul 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
The realm of scientific inquiry is a search for truth is not, which would look into whatever is true.
Why on earth do you never use correct grammar? I for one don't know what you are saying by the above. Exactly what are you saying is "not"? Are you saying scientific inquiry is not a search for truth? If so, you are clearly wrong. If not, what are you saying?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jul 19

@humy said
Why on earth do you never use correct grammar? I for one don't know what you are saying by the above. Exactly what are you saying is "not"? Are you saying scientific inquiry is not a search for truth? If so, you are clearly wrong. If not, what are you saying?
It should have read, "is it not". My bad.

w

Moves
27 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The realm of scientific inquiry is a search for truth is not, which would look into whatever is true. If you are not interested in truth, but instead use it to protect an ideology, you use it with blinders on.
No it's not. Science is focused on elucidating a certain type of knowledge. It's concerned with the how, not the why. It's a method for understanding, describing and predicting the natural world, a way to test things.

It's not for everyone, and it's clearly not for the overly dogmatic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19

@wildgrass said
No it's not. Science is focused on elucidating a certain type of knowledge. It's concerned with the how, not the why. It's a method for understanding, describing and predicting the natural world, a way to test things.

It's not for everyone, and it's clearly not for the overly dogmatic.
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you say we are looking to understand all there is to know about the how, just so predictions about the natural world can happen! That is speaking about the how to understand why to make predictions.

w

Moves
27 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth when you say we are looking to understand all there is to know about the how, just so predictions about the natural world can happen! That is speaking about the how to understand why to make predictions.
that doesn't make sense...

h

Moves
27 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
It should have read, "is it not". My bad.
Shouldn't that above be "Me bad"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19

@humy said
Shouldn't that above be "Me bad"?
No, you are not bad just confused. 🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19

@wildgrass said
that doesn't make sense...
Not surprising. Understanding something is grasping for the why it does what it does. How is just the mechanics of it.

mlb62

Moves
27 Jul 19

@Eladar

all religions are result of Aliens coming here from outer space !! Our ignorant fearful ancestors were scared !! so they called them gods..

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19

@ogb said
@Eladar

all religions are result of Aliens coming here from outer space !! Our ignorant fearful ancestors were scared !! so they called them gods..
Did you come up with that on your own, or are you a fan of "Stargate SG1"? 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 19

@KellyJay

Mechanics of things are good enough for us. We don't need a hyptothetical deity to sully our understanding.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19

@sonhouse said
@KellyJay

Mechanics of things are good enough for us. We don't need a hyptothetical deity to sully our understanding.
Your issue is like the example someone used when describing a Ford motor reason for being, one explanation is the laws governing the motors functions, while the other Henry Ford. They are both correct and neither voids the importance of the other.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Your issue is like the example someone used when describing a Ford motor reason for being, one explanation is the laws governing the motors functions, while the other Henry Ford. They are both correct and neither voids the importance of the other.
In the mind of the religious only.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 19

@sonhouse said
In the mind of the religious only.
What?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
What?
Only one is correct. The religious interpretation is in the mind of the believer only. And you cannot prove otherwise. The religious interpretation cannot be falsified so it is not in the slightest a science.