1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 14:17
    @metal-brain said
    Here are some threads showing how I got it right from the beginning and how the sniveling fearful conformists got it very wrong. Whodey asked a question and I was the only person to give him the correct answer.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/gravity.163599

Here is a quote by Kazetnagorra that shows how wrong he was:

"You seem to have a tough time findin ...[text shortened]... ions depend on that. Really!

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/scalar-or-not-scalar.177919
    The above is @metal-brain 's first post on page 9 of the thread. The two pages he referenced are:

and

I assume Metal Brain is referring to the first of these two threads.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 15:01
    @metal-brain said
    Finding it for you would be a waste of my time.
    That's because it doesn't exist.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 17:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 00:08
    @deepthought said
    The above is @metal-brain 's first post on page 9 of the thread. The two pages he referenced are:

and

I assume Metal Brain is referring to the first of these two threads.
    Yes, it is the gravity thread. 2nd page 6th post humy said this:

"Curvature of space-time can be viewed as being gravity as opposed to 'causing' gravity."

Since time dilation is the same thing I realized humy was right and I think someone else pointed it out more directly and that is when I changed to saying time dilation is gravity. In retrospect it was a mistake since digression into velocity resulted. I now say time dilation from matter causes gravity even though causality is unwarranted. They are the same thing.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 12:13
    @Metal-Brain
    That's quite a bit of circular reasoning to say we were right.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:20
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    That's quite a bit of circular reasoning to say we were right.
    None of you were right. Humy made statements that contradict the one where he was right for once. He has also said the curving of space/time causes time dilation and they are the same thing. It is more like he stumbled into being right for once. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What happened is humy wanted to prove me wrong so badly he ended up unwittingly trying to prove wrong one of his own past statements. He let his emotions get the best of him and now he has many contradictory statements that are impossible to explain without being wrong somewhere. He has hoisted himself by his own petard. If he is smart he will leave it alone and spare himself the embarrassment while enjoying being right about at least one thing.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:416 edits
    @metal-brain said
    . He has also said the curving of space/time causes time dilation and they are the same thing.
    I NEVER said that! STOP LYING!
    Yet again, you keep referring to "space/time" and not "space-time", which are NOT the same thing. In physics, "space-time" does NOT mean "space or time", which is why I and anyone that understands the physics never refers to 'space-time' as "space/time", unless as an edit error.
    Why don't you ever learn something new?
    And I NEVER said curving of space-time IS time dilation. That's because I don't believe it is the same thing. STOP LYING!
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:57
    @humy said
    I NEVER said that! STOP LYING!
    Yet again, you keep referring to "space/time" and not "space-time", which are NOT the same thing. In physics, "space-time" does NOT mean "space or time", which is why I and anyone that understands the physics never refers to 'space-time' as "space/time", unless as an edit error.
    Why don't you ever learn something new?
    And I NEVER said curving of space-time IS time dilation. That's because I don't believe it is the same thing. STOP LYING!
    You said exactly that. You are lying.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 16:306 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You said exactly that.
    No, I definitely didn't. You are a perpetual liar.
    Why don't you Prove you are not a liar just by show us exactly where and in which thread I said such a ridiculous nonsense assertion (or words of the same effect) of "curving of space/time causes time dilation" when I know even just the "space/time" part of that is totally wrong because in physics its "space-time", NOT "space/time" ! "space-time" in physics does NOT mean "space or time"! "curving of space/time" is gibberish because that should be "curvature of space-time" or, if you prefer, "curvature of spacetime" or just "spacetime curvature" but NEVER "curvature of space/time" let alone "curving of space/time" which makes even less sense albeit by a tiny amount.
    I will never and have NEVER said "curving of space/time" in any context because I know that is just nonsense.
    We will all know why you wouldn't prove you aren't a liar.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 07:14
    @humy said
    No, I definitely didn't. You are a perpetual liar.
    Why don't you Prove you are not a liar just by show us exactly where and in which thread I said such a ridiculous nonsense assertion (or words of the same effect) of "curving of space/time causes time dilation" when I know even just the "space/time" part of that is totally wrong because in physics its "space-time", NOT "space/t ...[text shortened]... xt because I know that is just nonsense.
    We will all know why you wouldn't prove you aren't a liar.
    I didn't mean an exact quote. You did say gravity causes time dilation. Since time dilation is the bending of space/time that is essentially what you said.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/gravity.163599/page-3
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:134 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You did say gravity causes time dilation.
    Yes, which is saying something completely different from your moronic;
    "curving of space/time causes time dilation"
    which I never said or implied because "curving of space/time is just pure gibberish.
    Its NOT "space/time", as is "space or time". Its "space-time" and I NEVER said your moronic "space/time" is "curving", whatever the hell that means. How many times must I correct you before you finally get it? The statement "curvature of space-time causes time dilation" or "gravity causes time dilation" makes a lot more sense but I never said your nonsense of "curving of space/time causes time dilation".
    Show WHERE in that thread I said your moronic "space/time" and not "space-time"...

OK, here is a very simple question for you;
    Do you believe "space-time" in physics means "space or time"?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:57
    @humy said
    Yes, which is saying something completely different from your moronic;
    "curving of space/time causes time dilation"
    which I never said or implied because "curving of space/time is just pure gibberish.
    Its NOT "space/time", as is "space or time". Its "space-time" and I NEVER said your moronic "space/time" is "curving", whatever the hell that means. How many times must I correc ...[text shortened]... e is a very simple question for you;
    Do you believe "space-time" in physics means "space or time"?
    You are going to nitpick over a hyphen? You need a hobby.

The curving of space/time does not cause time dilation. They are the same thing. You are now bringing attention to your ignorance.

Ask a good professor if there is a cause and effect in a before and after sense.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 10:052 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You are going to nitpick over a hyphen?
    The "/" in "curving of space/time" shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The curving of space/time does not cause time dilation. They are the same thing

Neither is true. That's because its not "space/time" as in "space or time" but "space-time". And the fact you think "space-time" means "space or time" shows your ignorance.
    Saying space or time can curve implies time alone can 'curve' -so what the hell would that mean?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 12:40
    @humy said
    The "/" in "curving of space/time" shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The curving of space/time does not cause time dilation. They are the same thing

Neither is true. That's because its not "space/time" as in "space or time" but "space-time". And the fact you think "space-time" means "space or time" shows your ignorance.
    Saying space or time can curve implies time alone can 'curve' -so what the hell would that mean?
    Ask a good professor if there is a cause and effect in a before and after sense.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:04
    @metal-brain said
    Read this article about a possible connection between gravity and sub atomic particles, which requires an extra dimension but it is an interesting paper.

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-gravity-mathematically-dynamics-subatomic-particles.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree