1. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    09 May '22 14:34
    @suzianne said

Hint: Just because Trump lies with every breath, that doesn't make lies okay.
    I agree. Politicians have all proved that.
    The Clintons even perfected it!
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 May '22 23:45
    @suzianne said
    I don't have to prove anything.

Untrue information is disinformation. Period.

For the billionth time, it's okay if you don't understand that something is untrue. Just don't waste everyone's time with stuff you don't even know is true, because it's likely not, because your education is stunted (or maybe you never learned to distinguish truth from fiction, that is a fa ...[text shortened]... rew up in, which is why it's important to not raise your kid in a Republican state -- like Florida).
    You do have to prove it if you don't want your reputation as a liar to continue.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '22 17:47
    @metal-brain said
    You do have to prove it if you don't want your reputation as a liar to continue.
    I don't have a "reputation" as a liar.

You'll have to explain better than that.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 May '22 17:50
    @suzianne said
    True. You, and both your pals, have a reputation as gaslighters.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '22 06:251 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    True. You, and both your pals, have a reputation as gaslighters.
    "Both" my pals?

Funny how exposing gaslighting becomes gaslighting.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '22 07:51
    @suzianne said

You'll have to explain better than that.
    You just lied again.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '22 15:562 edits
    This thread is a grand example how science gets pushed back. And then you claim "censorship did it". No, disinformation (that too many people believe) did it. Every time false info is embraced as true, science dies a bit. The scientific method is the best way we have to eliminate false info.

Hypothesis > experimentation > analyze the results > eliminate the false hypotheses > new hypothesis > experimentation etc. etc. etc. This is the way science advances. If your science is so bad that you fail to recognize a false hypothesis in the name of securing fame for yourself, you are endangering the advancement of science. There are no shortcuts.

In a nutshell, the scientific method works, but you have to build upon an established set of known (not just guessed at) science.

Embrace the scientific method, eliminate disinformation (AND for God's sake, stop claiming that eliminating disinformation is censorship) and science would enjoy a renaissance again.
  8. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    14 May '22 17:01
    @suzianne said
    This thread is a grand example how science gets pushed back. And then you claim "censorship did it". No, disinformation (that too many people believe) did it. Every time false info is embraced as true, science dies a bit. The scientific method is the best way we have to eliminate false info.

Hypothesis > experimentation > analyze the results > eliminate the false hypo ...[text shortened]... claiming that eliminating disinformation is censorship) and science would enjoy a renaissance again.
    The biggest threat to science and the scientific method is the corruption of it by sociopathic greed or simply the greater need to keep one's paycheck. Whenever honest science threatens big profits, science usually loses. The best example of this is the food, drug and health care industry.

Apparently they don't teach this in schools.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 04:07
    @suzianne said

Hypothesis > experimentation > analyze the results > eliminate the false hypo ...[text shortened]... claiming that eliminating disinformation is censorship) and science would enjoy a renaissance again.
    Eliminating disinformation is censorship because you don't know disinformation when you see it. You have opinions of what is disinformation which means you don't have proof.

For example, you claimed time dilation results from gravity as if it is some sort of byproduct of gravity or something. I told you that you had it backwards, which you did. If you had your way you would censor my assertion that time dilation causes gravity (or more accurately, time dilation "is" gravity) which is the basis for Einstein's General Relativity.

If you were allowed to suppress the basis for Einstein's General Relativity that would be seriously screwed up! Is that the kind of world you want to live in? A backwards bizarro world where science is turned upside down so little progress can be made?

You want to censor science based on opinion. Every time unproven opinion is embraced as fact, science dies a bit. Do cows sleep standing up or laying down? There are people that cannot agree which it is. Which one would you censor?
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 May '22 14:31
    @metal-brain said
    Eliminating disinformation is censorship because you don't know disinformation when you see it. You have opinions of what is disinformation which means you don't have proof.

For example, you claimed time dilation results from gravity as if it is some sort of byproduct of gravity or something. I told you that you had it backwards, which you did. If you had your way you ...[text shortened]... nding up or laying down? There are people that cannot agree which it is. Which one would you censor?
    None of those sentences mean anything.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 May '22 20:411 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Still nothing to offer? I will offer this:

YouTube

...and this:

YouTube
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '22 17:44
    @metal-brain said

For example, you claimed time dilation results from gravity as if it is some sort of byproduct of gravity or something. I told you that you had it backwards, which you did. If you had your way you ...[text shortened]... nding up or laying down? There are people that cannot agree which it is. Which one would you censor?
    Because you're wrong.

Wrong science needs to go straight to the nearest bin.

"Eliminating disinformation is censorship because you don't know disinformation when you see it."

You mean, of course, that YOU don't know disinformation when you see it.

I finished school and went on to get my BS and am now working on my MS. Disinformation is stuff that is not true, usually disseminated as being true. If you finish your education, the value of that education is that you know stupid science when you see it.

Your entire diatribe about Relativity is backwards, yes. Your BS about Relativity is false science and should be thrown out because it is untrue. I am NOT "suppressing the basis of Einstein's General Relativity". I'm trying to educate you into stopping the dissemination of backwards science. Your idiotic version of Relativity is wrong. This is not an opinion.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '22 17:51
    @shallow-blue said
    I've been trying to beat some reality into him for well over a year now about Relativity.

He still thinks he's right. I don't get how he could think this. He thinks me telling him he's wrong is censorship (which it would be if he were right), but it's just a fact. I say he would hold science back a hundred years, but he says I'm holding science back because I have it wrong and I'm therefore censoring him.

You know what they say. You can't fix stupid. I used to think education fixed stupid. Now it looks like stupid would rather politicize science than learn anything. We are truly in the post-Trump world mindset now, where stupid thinks it is valid.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '22 21:12
    @metal-brain said
    Still nothing to offer? I will offer this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxQTvqcpSg

...and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNOFxmcECPQ
    I already proved suzi wrong. She is the perfect example of why science should never be censored. Suzi made my case better than I could imagine. The irony is that she is embracing Lysenkoism even though she claims to be against Russia.

Suzi wants us to be more like Russia. Perhaps she is Russian.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:43
    @suzianne said
    Because you're wrong.

Wrong science needs to go straight to the nearest bin.

"Eliminating disinformation is censorship because you don't know disinformation when you see it."

You mean, of course, that YOU don't know disinformation when you see it.

I finished school and went on to get my BS and am now working on my MS. Disinformation is stuff that is not true, us ...[text shortened]... ination of backwards science. Your idiotic version of Relativity is wrong. This is not an opinion.
    Science is looking for truth, and reality, as it is discovery. If you don't allow people
    to get it wrong, you will never advance; we have to discover what is right by trial
    and error. Arguing over what is factual is part of the process; having different
    opinions mean people are thinking, which is a good thing; people of good
    faith can still come to different conclusions looking at the same data; working that
    out can be messy, but to put someone in charge of squashing dissent just means
    we are no longer promoting science but someone's dogma in the name of science.e

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree