Einstein's Relativity Is Wrong?

Einstein's Relativity Is Wrong?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
08 Mar 20

@metal-brain said
You don't need to know the time difference before launch
So why do they do it?
because all you need to do is reset the receiver clock to the atomic clocks after they are in orbit.

So why do they do it before launch?

MB

Moves
08 Mar 20

@humy said
So why do they do it?
because all you need to do is reset the receiver clock to the atomic clocks after they are in orbit.

So why do they do it before launch?
Because they can.

h

Moves
09 Mar 20
3 edits

@metal-brain said
Because they can.
In other words, you refuse to explain why and regress to stupidity.
Let us help you there; They do it because it is necessary for GPS before launch, exactly like we and science have been saying all the long.
Strange if it was necessary for GPS if all those relativity time dilation equations were wrong! That would be a mystery.

MB

Moves
09 Mar 20
1 edit

@humy said
In other words, you refuse to explain why and regress to stupidity.
Let us help you there; They do it because it is necessary for GPS before launch, exactly like we and science have been saying all the long.
Strange if it was necessary for GPS if all those relativity time dilation equations were wrong! That would be a mystery.
"exactly like we and science have been saying all the long."

Science doesn't say anything. There is no person named science that said something. Furthermore, you do not represent science and you only speak for yourself, not science or other people. You are not a "we". You are one person who believes in countless myths that are untrue.

Why is it necessary? You cannot explain that.

You know fully well that GPS receiver's clocks are periodically reset to become synchronized to the atomic clocks in the satellites. That is all that is needed.

There is no need to adjust for time difference before launch. The receiver clock can be reset at any time. If you dispute this give me a reason for it. Why would it matter?

h

Moves
09 Mar 20
1 edit

@metal-brain said
"exactly like we and science have been saying all the long."

Science doesn't say anything. There is no person named science that said something.
Wow you must be really getting desperate to now resort to stupidly arguing over trivial semantics. "what the science says" means "what the facts of science imply" and only a complete moron would fail to understand the intended meaning.

The rest of your post is your some old moronic straw man BS.

h

Moves
09 Mar 20
4 edits

@metal-brain said

Why is it necessary?
relativity theory is correct.
Thus without such GPS pre-launch adjustments GPS would quickly fail.
If all that wasn't true they wouldn't do any such pre-launch adjustments.
See links provided for source of information.

MB

Moves
09 Mar 20
1 edit

@humy said
Wow you must be really getting desperate to now resort to stupidly arguing over trivial semantics. "what the science says" means "what the facts of science imply" and only a complete moron would fail to understand the intended meaning.

The rest of your post is your some old moronic straw man BS.
A flawed article written by an ignoramus is not proof. It certainly is not science to cherry pick an article using confirmation bias.

Since you have so much faith that GR and SR equations are used show me you can use them. At 3200km in orbit what is the time difference between the satellites and the receiver on earth's surface?

MB

Moves
09 Mar 20

@humy said
relativity theory is correct.
Thus without such GPS pre-launch adjustments GPS would quickly fail.
If all that wasn't true they wouldn't do any such pre-launch adjustments.
See links provided for source of information.
You know fully well that GPS receiver's clocks are periodically reset to become synchronized to the atomic clocks in the satellites. That is all that is needed.

There is no need to adjust for time difference before launch. The receiver clock can be reset at any time. If you dispute this give me a reason for it. Why would it matter?

"Thus without such GPS pre-launch adjustments GPS would quickly fail."

They would not fail at all. You have given no logical explanation for that. You just keep mindlessly repeating it like a parrot.

h

Moves
09 Mar 20
7 edits

@metal-brain said
A flawed article written by an ignoramus is not proof.
wiki science links are edited by scientists and science experts that know a LOT more about it than you or I and thus they are a far more reliable source of scientific knowledge than you would ever be. That is why both I and we, as in all of us here excluding yourself, always trust their word over your ignorant word on any science topic including GPS and relativity.
Hypocritical name calling those scientists and science expert editors "ignoramus" by ignorant you just because they happen to say something that contradicts you stupid ignorant claims is not a sign they are wrong but merely a sign of your total stupidity and that it is always you, not they, who are wrong.
There are other science websites other than wiki ones that also explain the need for relativity time dilation to be taken into account in GPS.
Just a few examples from my quick 1 minute google search include;

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~pogge/Ast162/Unit5/gps.html

https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Relativistic_Clock_Correction
"...The rate of advance of two identical clocks, placed one in the satellite and the other on the terrestrial surface, will differ due to the difference of the gravitational potential (general relativity) and to the relative speed between them (special relativity)...."

http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=77

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5253894/
"...without carefully accounting for numerous relativistic effects, the system would not work. ..."

... etc. and obviously I would find more of them with a longer search.

Thus they all say basically the same kind of things and using different wording from wiki and from different editors from wiki and various wording with the same basic meaning expressed.
So, you are claiming an absurdity like flat Earth by implying all those experts and science links are ignorant and lying. What for? Just to spite you? You aren't that important; not even close. Your delusional ignorant words about science are always either refuted or ignored by all scientists that have the displeasure of reading you ranting and raving, including all scientists here.

MB

Moves
11 Mar 20

@humy said
wiki science links are edited by scientists and science experts that know a LOT more about it than you or I and thus they are a far more reliable source of scientific knowledge than you would ever be. That is why both I and we, as in all of us here excluding yourself, always trust their word over your ignorant word on any science topic including GPS and relativity.
Hypocritical ...[text shortened]... ientists that have the displeasure of reading you ranting and raving, including all scientists here.
I don't doubt your ability to find multiple sources of the same popular myth. You still have not answered my questions.

h

Moves
11 Mar 20

@metal-brain said
I don't doubt your ability to find multiple sources of the same popular myth.
What you call "popular myth" is called by all non-morons including all of us here as "known undisputed scientific facts" or words of that effect.

You still have not answered my questions.
What questions? Which ones?

MB

Moves
13 Mar 20
1 edit

@humy said
What you call "popular myth" is called by all non-morons including all of us here as "known undisputed scientific facts" or words of that effect.

You still have not answered my questions.
What questions? Which ones?
Since you have so much faith that GR and SR equations are used show me you can use them. At 3200km in orbit what is the time difference between the satellites and the receiver on earth's surface?

h

Moves
13 Mar 20
5 edits

@metal-brain said
Since you have so much faith that GR and SR equations
No faith required. Just established and generally undisputed science which is the same science that says the Earth is round and not flat.
At 3200km in orbit what is the time difference between the satellites and the receiver on earth's surface?
What possible relevance does the exact figure have to anything we were talking about? Even if you wanted to know, which I know you don't, I won't baby sit you and calculate it for you. Just look up the equations herehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation and calculate it yourself if you want to know (which you don't).
The receiver clock can be reset at any time. If you dispute this...
which I OBVIOUSLY don't and OBVIOUSLY never have done and you OBVIOUSLY knew this all the long and are just making up new stupid straw mans that convinces nobody here but rather just shows us all you are a complete moron. So your next extremely stupid staw man question doesn't apply.
So is that ALL your completely stupid pathetic irrelevant straw man "questions" you say you want me to answer? Is that it? You make no point and convince nobody here of anything other than you are a complete moron.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 20

@Metal-Brain
Re you daft or just obstructionist? You think they actually launched the sats without even BOTHERING to consult SR or GR equations? If that were the case, show me the paper saying they knew in advance they would not have to worry about such nonsense.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
13 Mar 20

I just took a quick look back to see if this discussion has gotten anywhere in the last 30 pages or so...

...apparently not.