Einstein's Relativity Is Wrong?

Einstein's Relativity Is Wrong?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
17 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
Then surely you can explain WHY it is relevant if time dilation doesn't cause gravity. What is the relevance you are claiming?
Answer; Gravity causes time dilation.
Next stupid quation...

MB

Moves
17 Feb 20

@humy said
Answer; Gravity causes time dilation.
Next stupid quation...
explain why if you can or admit you have no explanation.

h

Moves
17 Feb 20
4 edits

@metal-brain said
explain why
general relativity explains why; more specifically, and as I learned when I was at university, when applying the principle of relativity while assuming c is constant for all observers, to accelerating frames of reference. Time dilation can be deduced to occur from assuming c is constant in accelerating frames of reference and thus time dilation should be observed with the effects of gravity. That is both my explanation and that of science.
Obviously, from your many posts, we can deduce you are incapable of being willing let alone being able to understand that or any other real explanation for it, but its not possible to dumb that down for you without making it too simplistic and that's your problem, not ours.

MB

Moves
17 Feb 20

@humy said
general relativity explains why; more specifically, and as I learned when I was at university, when applying the principle of relativity while assuming c is constant for all observers, to accelerating frames of reference. Time dilation can be deduced to occur from assuming c is constant in accelerating frames of reference and thus time dilation should be observed with the effect ...[text shortened]... ssible to dumb that down for you without making it too simplistic and that's your problem, not ours.
"and thus time dilation should be observed with the effects of gravity"

What is your source of information? I think you made that up.

h

Moves
17 Feb 20
3 edits

@metal-brain said

What is your source of information?
Its a matter of knowledge of basic physics + deduction, BOTH or which I just given to your.
Its not my problem if you cannot handle such things.

h

Moves
17 Feb 20

@humy said
BOTH or which
My above misedit;
that should be
" ... BOTH of which ..."

MB

Moves
20 Feb 20

@humy said
general relativity explains why; more specifically, and as I learned when I was at university, when applying the principle of relativity while assuming c is constant for all observers, to accelerating frames of reference. Time dilation can be deduced to occur from assuming c is constant in accelerating frames of reference and thus time dilation should be observed with the effect ...[text shortened]... ssible to dumb that down for you without making it too simplistic and that's your problem, not ours.

What is your source of information? Not being able to prove your claim makes you appear to be a liar.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
24 Feb 20

@metal-brain said

What is your source of information? I think you made that up.
The full sentence was:
Time dilation can be deduced to occur from assuming c is constant in accelerating frames of reference and thus time dilation should be observed with the effects of gravity.

In the first part of the sentence he says that time dilation can be deduced from the constancy of the speed of light in accelerated frames of reference. Implicitly, the other leg of the syllogism is the Principle of Equivalence, which is that an observer in a small box cannot distinguish between a kinematic acceleration and a gravitational field, but takes his first statement in conjunction with that to get his conclusion. So it's already in his post.

h

Moves
25 Feb 20
1 edit

h

Moves
25 Feb 20
1 edit

@deepthought said
The full sentence was:
Time dilation can be deduced to occur from assuming c is constant in accelerating frames of reference and thus time dilation should be observed with the effects of gravity.

In the first part of the sentence he says that time dilation can be deduced from the constancy of the speed of light in accelerated frames of reference. Implicit ...[text shortened]... es his first statement in conjunction with that to get his conclusion. So it's already in his post.
Exactly! It is at least in large part just a matter of deduction.
As usual, I have already answered his question that he angrily claims I never answered and shouts "Liar".
As we all already noticed, he also does that very often to other people here.

MB

Moves
27 Feb 20

@deepthought said
The full sentence was:

In the first part of the sentence he says that time dilation can be deduced from the constancy of the speed of light in accelerated frames of reference. Implicit ...[text shortened]... es his first statement in conjunction with that to get his conclusion. So it's already in his post.
"time dilation can be deduced from the constancy of the speed of light"

What does that have to do with gravitational time dilation?

h

Moves
27 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
"time dilation can be deduced from the constancy of the speed of light"

What does that have to do with gravitational time dilation?
It was how the existence of gravitational time dilation was deduced.

MB

Moves
28 Feb 20

@humy said
It was how the existence of gravitational time dilation was deduced.
No, it was not.
Einstein realized that time dilation caused gravity. That is what his equations are based on. You have your cause and effect backwards.

h

Moves
28 Feb 20

@metal-brain said
No, it was not.
Einstein realized that time dilation caused gravity. That is what his equations are based on. You have your cause and effect backwards.
Not a single thing you just stated there is true.
Like all physicists here, I have been to university and been told and learned the truth about this, which is just as I stated and no one I know of but you in the world disputes. Have you studied physics at university?

MB

Moves
28 Feb 20

@humy said
Not a single thing you just stated there is true.
Like all physicists here, I have been to university and been told and learned the truth about this, which is just as I stated and no one I know of but you in the world disputes. Have you studied physics at university?
You also fell for the myth that GPS needs GR equations to function properly. You thought you learned the truth about that too. You were wrong. Sonhouse was wrong.

You are still wrong. You don't know what the truth is.