1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '08 15:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Of course you want to see the movie, you want validation.
    You want to bad mouth it, or praise it, you should at least see it
    don't you think? Maybe you like others thinking for you, if that is
    the case, don't bother form an opinion about it without seeing it
    and be happy, let someone else think for you.
    Kelly
  2. Australia
    Moves
    22 Apr '08 03:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    KJ

In other threads you have shown to have only a small grasp of the evolutionary concept, and certainly seem to be devoid of any current knowledge surrounding the subject.

Do you think you are in a position to critically analyse (without bias) the validity of the claims made in this movie?

Please start a new thread when you have viewed the movie, it would be interesting to see your feedback.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '08 08:14
    Kelly
    I already know the gist of it, ad hominem attacks on whoever is presenting ideas supporting evolution, goes over well with the religious right who don't know an ad hominem from a hole in the ground(thats where their head is)
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Apr '08 08:25
    I don't care if you use the word pseudosience if you apply it across the
    board to everything thatt it may apply too.
    Kelly
    I do. Do you dispute that? If so, be more specific. Vague implications are nothing more than acceptance that you know you are wrong but don't want to be shown up.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Apr '08 08:261 edit
    Kelly
    Have you read the God Delusion? Did you avoid bad mouthing it before reading it?

I wouldn't pay to see the movie because I have looked at the website advertising it and the statements on that website are clearly nonsense and lies. What should lead me to believe that the movie is any different?
    Why would you go and see it? You already know that it supports your views so the best you could get out of it is validation. You also already know that it contains some lies and false claims.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 03:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you read the God Delusion? Did you avoid bad mouthing it before reading it?

I wouldn't pay to see the movie because I have looked at the website advertising it and the statements on that website are clearly nonsense and lies. What should lead me to believe that the movie is any different?
    Why would you go and see it? You already know that it supp ...[text shortened]... get out of it is validation. You also already know that it contains some lies and false claims.
    SOME lies? Is there any truth in it anywhere?
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 03:39
    Let's give credit where credit is due, they do get the people's names right.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 08:20
    I didn't say it did. I was pointing out to Kelly that he himself already knows that it contains some lies. I just find it strange that so many people keep going back to sources of information when they already know that that source has some obvious lies in it. (answers-in-genesis comes to mind).
    I mean does he honestly believe everything in it or does he simply turn a blind eye to the glaringly obvious nonsense and lies in the hope that what remains might actually be true?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 10:43

Why would you go and see it? You already know that it supp ...[text shortened]... get out of it is validation. You also already know that it contains some lies and false claims.
    Should I take the same view as the book you brought up?
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 10:45
    I didn't say it did. I was pointing out to Kelly that he himself already knows that it contains some lies. I just find it strange that so many people keep going back to sources of information when they already know that that source has some obvious lies in it. (answers-in-genesis comes to mind).
    I mean does he honestly believe everything in it or does he ...[text shortened]... o the glaringly obvious nonsense and lies in the hope that what remains might actually be true?
    I do not know it contains lies or not, I did go to a web site that did
    not like the movie. I have not made it to see it yet so I do not know
    what to make it or the web site.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 17:211 edit
    On the same note, I would like to recommend "why do people laught at creationists?" at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Why+Do+People+Laugh+At+Creationists&search_type=
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 17:45
    Originally posted by timebombted
    KJ

In other threads you have shown to have only a small grasp of the evolutionary concept, and certainly seem to be devoid of any current knowledge surrounding the subject.

Do you think you are in a position to critically analyse (without bias) the validity of the claims made in this movie?

Please start a new thread when you have viewed the movie, it would be interesting to see your feedback.
    Your idea of a small grasp is not agreeing with your views in my
    opinion, so it matters very little to me that you think such a thing.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 17:49
    I mean does he honestly believe everything in it or does he ...[text shortened]... o the glaringly obvious nonsense and lies in the hope that what remains might actually be true?
    I do not believe you hold the same standard up to those things that
    back your belief as those that do not. If you want perfection you will
    find it no where around here, and you are quite free with the word
    lies too. You honestly believe people set out to lie or be deceptive, it
    could not possibly be that they could just believe what it is you think
    is a lie and are proclaiming it?
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 17:55
    http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playground.php

Thoughts
    Kelly
    Ok, now that I entered the site, here is what I have to say:

First and foremost, it reeks of Anti-intellectualism.

All this notion of this so called "Big Science Academy" is nothing less than ridiculous. Let's read for ourselves:

At Big Science Academy we take our motto seriously: “No Intelligence Allowed.”
    And this year, we are proud to report that in every subject but Science, students and faculty are free to challenge ideas, and seek truth wherever it may lead.

But Science is different. In Science, there is no room for dissent, for dissent is dangerous. That is why we at Big Science simply refuse to allow it. Like dancing, “dissent” can lead to other things.

As Class President Richard Dawkins put it so well: “Shut up!”

As you know…last year we had the misfortune of “presupposition of design” rearing its ugly head, with several students challenging Neo-Darwinian materialism, and arguing incessantly for the right to examine Intelligent Design.

They were all Expelled, of course – but still: it just goes to show where academic freedom can lead, if not shut down immediately!

Sincerely,

Charles Darwin
    Principal, President, Admissions and Diversity Affairs Officer,
    Big Science Academy “No Intelligence Allowed”

and what about :

Ben Stein, in the new film EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed
    His heroic and, at times, shocking journey confronting the world’s top scientists, educators and philosophers, regarding the persecution of the many by an elite few.

In truth, IDers are the few (not the elite few, mind you...)

Let's move on:
    Coming to a theater near you on April 18, 2008

Ben travels the world on his quest, and learns an awe-inspiring truth…that bewilders him, then angers him…and then spurs him to action!

Ben realizes that he has been “Expelled,” and that educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the “crime” of merely believing that there might be evidence of “design” in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance.

Well, I don't know - will you give tenure to professors in geography who are flat earthers? What about geocentric astronomers?

To which Ben Says: "Enough!" And then gets busy. NOBODY messes with Ben.

Yes, very scary... Oh, wait, it's no longer 1492 Benny - they already abolished the inquisition. So, I guess I'll mess with Ben. Come on, do you worst - if it is not what you are already doing, that is.

To be continued...?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '08 18:062 edits
    Originally posted by Retrovirus
    Ok, now that I entered the site, here is what I have to say:

First and foremost, it reeks of Anti-intellectualism.

All this notion of this so called "Big Science Academy" is nothing less than ridiculous. Let's read for ourselves:

[b]
    At Big Science Academy we take our motto seriously: “No Intelligence Allowed.”
    And this year, we are proud to re do you worst - if it is not what you are already doing, that is.

To be continued...?
    "Well, I don't know - will you give tenure to professors in geography who are flat earthers? What about geocentric astronomers? "

[/b]You believe if someone accepts ID that is like accepting the earth
    is flat therefore they should not teach?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree