1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 Apr '18 23:41
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    He is talking out his ass, just spewing whatever BS comes to mind ATT, next month he will be back to conspiracy theories, nobody landed on the moon, Hoffa is buried inside Hoover dam, Earth is flat.......
    Imagine if we really could talk out of our asses....
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    25 Apr '18 23:462 edits
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I've never heard that theory. Is it your own?
    wish it was...i copped it from one of the JPL team leads when we were discussing the Biefeld-Brown effect on electrofluid dynamics. You might have heard about ionic winds that can power aircraft. It's one of the applications.

YouTube
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 03:35
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Gravity is the result of quantum entanglement...."Gravitons" are just the term we use to explain how the information from one entangled particle is transfered to the other entangled particle instantaneously.
    which explains why no Gravitons have ever been detected..
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Apr '18 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by @ogb
    which explains why no Gravitons have ever been detected..
    its hard to "detect" the instantaneous passage of information....
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '18 14:41
    its hard to "detect" the instantaneous passage of information....
    Actually impossible since it has been proven over and over information can NEVER travel faster that the speed of light.

Only in your fantasy universe can that happen. In the REAL universe that is against the law.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    07 May '18 19:38
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Actually impossible since it has been proven over and over information can NEVER travel faster that the speed of light.

Only in your fantasy universe can that happen. In the REAL universe that is against the law.
    There are several ways to go faster than light....Here's one...read the link to discover more.

3. Quantum entanglement moves faster than light. If I have two electrons close together, they can vibrate in unison, according to the quantum theory. If I then separate them, an invisible umbilical cord emerges which connects the two electrons, even though they may be separated by many light years. If I jiggle one electron, the other electron "senses" this vibration instantly, faster than the speed of light. Einstein thought that this therefore disproved the quantum theory, since nothing can go faster than light.

But actually this experiment (the EPR experiment) has been done many times, and each time Einstein was wrong.

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/what-travels-faster-than-the-speed-of-light
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 May '18 00:59
    There are several ways to go faster than light....Here's one...read the link to discover more.

3. Quantum entanglement moves faster than light. If I have two electrons close together, they can vibrate in unison, according to the quantum theory. If I then separate them, an invisible umbilical cord emerges which connects the two electrons, even though they ...[text shortened]... was wrong.

http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/what-travels-faster-than-the-speed-of-light
    Sure, you can wave a laser beam at the moon and the light beam could travel across the lunar surface faster than light but you cannot send information that way. Sorry to spoil your plot. If they ever come up with negative matter it might change but don't hold your breath.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 14:47
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    Kind of. The principle of equivalence has an observer unable to distinguish between a kinematic acceleration and a gravitational acceleration, but the clock hypothesis does distinguish between the two. Our "observer in a box" who knows they are accelerating but doesn't know whether it is due to changing velocity or a gravitational field can't tell if ...[text shortened]... describe it. Roughly, I don't think you'll be able to predict enough using just time dilation.
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.02710
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 15:15
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.02710
    Apropos of what exactly, what do you think this paper shows?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 17:17
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So the space/timeatron is displaced?
    Not your "theory'', just a random statement of opinion.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 17:201 edit
    What the heck IS Horndeski space? I sure don't know what they are talking about.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 18:31
    https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.97.061501
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 19:229 edits
    https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.97.061501
    I just read all of that link.
    It first explains that theories of dark energy and modified gravity can be strongly constrained by observations, such as that of the recently detected gravitational wave event. So what? We already knew this.
    It then explains how they examined one type of consistency with observation Horndeski theories, which are some obscure theories you and even I would understand nothing about because you would need to have understanding of very advanced physics to understand them, need to have to have any credibility and found it at least passed merely that consistency-with-observation test (which, of course, is far from proving those theories correct).
    What about it? What do you claim this link shows? You don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about. If you deny this, without copy and paste explain in your own words exactly what these theories say so prove to us you understand the physics...
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 19:54
    Originally posted by @humy
    I just read all of that link.
    It first explains that theories of dark energy and modified gravity can be strongly constrained by observations, such as that of the recently detected gravitational wave event. So what? We already knew this.
    It then explains how they examined one type of consistency with observation Horndeski theories, which are some obscure the ...[text shortened]... n in your own words exactly what these theories say so prove to us you understand the physics...
    I had to look it up. Horndeski gravity is just the most general theory one can write down using tensor and scalar quantities. It contains Einstein's theory as a special case. I'm not sure what the point of all this is since all MetalBrain is doing is posting links to research papers which don't contradict anything I said earlier in the thread.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 18:30
    Imagine if we really could talk out of our asses....
    The Freak has learned to do that in childhood.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree