I feel ashamed to be an american:

I feel ashamed to be an american:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 May 08

Originally posted by kbaumen
Thou shalt not take this to religion forum spanky.
You said it first sparky๐Ÿ™‚

t
Undutchable

was here

Moves
30 May 08

I would too (be ashamed)

&feature=related

k

Sigulda, Latvia

Moves
30 May 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
You said it first sparky๐Ÿ™‚
Ah, this "to that and that forum spanky" thing just seems funny to me.

k

Sigulda, Latvia

Moves
30 May 08

Originally posted by thyme
I would too (be ashamed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kyXN4ZVQg&feature=related
It's amazing how far people's stupidity can go.

t
Undutchable

was here

Moves
30 May 08

Originally posted by kbaumen
It's amazing how far people's stupidity can go.
Mark my words: you're looking at the next president of the United States.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Jun 08

I would too (be ashamed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kyXN4ZVQg&feature=related
Do you think he could win 'american idol'?
Or maybe they should tell him 'don't quit your day job'๐Ÿ™‚

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
03 Jun 08

Do you think he could win 'american idol'?
Or maybe they should tell him 'don't quit your day job'๐Ÿ™‚
-or even american idle ?

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
(snip)
'Those that can do, those that can't teach.'
Statistics? Is there some scientific basis for this oft-repeated statement?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 08

Mark my words: you're looking at the next president of the United States.
The fact that you would even post that link puts you in the same category as it ultraliberal hackjob maker.........

The problem with America is the the liberals expect the people to be told what to do......

that is why they are always promoting the feel good eutopian bull to the lazy people who dont work for a living

Personaly I don't want anything I don't earn

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by joe shmo
The fact that you would even post that link puts you in the same category as it ultraliberal hackjob maker.........

The problem with America is the the liberals expect the people to be told what to do......

that is why they are always promoting the feel good eutopian bull to the lazy people who dont work for a living

Personaly I don't want anything I don't earn
Right-wing ultra-conservatism is an abject failure. This whole sub-prime mortgage thing, for example, could have been avoided if the government had regulated the industry. Likewise, giving some living subsidies to the poorest in society, single mothers and the like is not being weak on "lazy" people - it's being compassionate.

Last year, I lost my job. Not because I had done anything wrong, in fact, it was because the ultraconservative boss decided to run off with all the company money, including about 8000 employee's wages. Happily, I live in a country where I was able to recieve some support. Not a lot, but some. And it was greatfully received. I now have a better job, where I earn more money than before and have guaranteed stability for the next two years.
If I had lived in the US, I'd have been bankrupted by an unforgiving system, and marginalised within society.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Right-wing ultra-conservatism is an abject failure. This whole sub-prime mortgage thing, for example, could have been avoided if the government had regulated the industry. Likewise, giving some living subsidies to the poorest in society, single mothers and the like is not being weak on "lazy" people - it's being compassionate.

Last year, I lost my ...[text shortened]... the US, I'd have been bankrupted by an unforgiving system, and marginalised within society.
Anything ultra side is probably not a good thing

And if you believe that democrats don't make money your kidding yourself

I commend you for using the welfare sytem the way it was intended to be used,....Over here most people don't. Instead your hard earned money after using the system for necessitious reasons would have been sent to the local drug dealer who grosses more in a year than I would in ten

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jun 08

Last year, I lost my ...[text shortened]... the US, I'd have been bankrupted by an unforgiving system, and marginalised within society.
Did they catch the bastard that took all that money? Must have been hundreds of millions.
I got screwed by this ultra right system too, I had a retirement account of about a quarter million, not much of an account but I could have paid off our mortgage and such but it was in a kind of account I could not change and in the year 2000 it lost 90 percent so here I am at age 66 with a full time job making half what I was making before trying to make ends meet working third shift, very high tech job for sure but I thought at that age I got to sit on the porch and play my guitar and play folk music at festivals but all that's out the window thanks to our totally screwed up society here. The government jumps right on you if your retirement account makes money, the first ones there if you withdraw but if it goes down the tubes, oh well sport, tough luck.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Jun 08
1 edit

Did they catch the bastard that took all that money? Must have been hundreds of millions.
I got screwed by this ultra right system too, I had a retirement account of about a quarter million, not much of an account but I could have paid off our mortgage and such but it was in a kind of account I could not change and in the year 2000 it lost 90 percent so h the first ones there if you withdraw but if it goes down the tubes, oh well sport, tough luck.
You're 66?!!! I always thought you too bu much younger. You have a very young persona! ๐Ÿ˜‰

No, the never caught my former boss, Mr Saruhashi (Monkey-bridge, in Japanese). He really had a lot of gaul before the company went down, blaming the instructors for its demise, whilst drawing a 300 million yen per year (about $3M US) salary, and billing the main company (Nova) US$100,000 a month for the use of his propriety video-conferencing software. The biggest problem really was a complete lack of foresighted management, and whilst not strictly dishonest business practices, ones which weren't as open and transparent as one should like.

I'm really sorry to hear about your story, it sucks when the government decides to change its fiscal policy to provide tax-cuts for the people who need them least, whilst charging everyone else for it. Hopefully, at least you still have your house, which is something.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by joe shmo
Anything ultra side is probably not a good thing

And if you believe that democrats don't make money your kidding yourself

I commend you for using the welfare sytem the way it was intended to be used,....Over here most people don't. Instead your hard earned money after using the system for necessitious reasons would have been sent to the local drug dealer who grosses more in a year than I would in ten
Of course democrats make money. US democrats are still right wing when you compare them to any other countries left-wing!

With a system like welfare, the fact that a minority of people use it irresponsibly does not mean that the system should be scrapped - that would affect the poorest and weakest most. It is the equivalent to amputating the whole leg when you have a thorn in your foot.

At most, the system needs to be revised, to make it more accountable, and to try and eliminate benefit frauds.

We have benefit frauds in the UK too, but the welfare system will never be revoked in the UK because the public realises that the public good which is served by having welfare is far higher than the problems with the system (numerous as they are).

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 Jun 08

How come the guy was able to do this?