I feel ashamed to be an american:

I feel ashamed to be an american:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jun 08
3 edits

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Oh...My....God.....you're going to teach at an animo green dot school for high risk students in low income ,high crime, urban areas? And this idea pleases you? Let us know how that turns out.

Before anyone freaks and starts name calling, "animo" is what the green dot school system calls each of their schools. I'm interested in the school in my hometown, Animo Inglewood.
I work in a charter school in Inglewood now. It's working out great. That reputation pleases me. It means they're going to be desperate to keep me. You're telling me I have job security.

You do what you gotta do. You know there's a recession right? I've been unemployed for a while. Besides, I'm used to gang infested L.A. neighborhoods.

Besides...how do you fix things without digging your hands into them? I'm right here, working to solve that problem.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jun 08
1 edit

Locke High, a green dot school, seems to have had a large riot recently:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvCwQwKvlT0

Sure you want to teach in one of these places?
That doesn't sound like much of a riot to be honest.

I suspect the battles in Tijuana and illegal immigration's leading to "brown on black" violence lately but of course I can't be certain. I haven't really looked into it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jun 08

Oh...My....God.....you're going to teach at an animo green dot school for high risk students in low income ,high crime, urban areas? And this idea pleases you? Let us know how that turns out.

Before anyone freaks and starts name calling, "animo" is what the green dot school system calls each of their schools. I'm interested in the school in my hometown, Animo Inglewood.
So you're from Inglewood huh? How long did you live here?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jun 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Inglewood, Ca? I was born in El Monte, if anyone knows that town. Struggled through 8 years at El Monte First Lutheran Church and School, I think it's gone now.

STS

Moves
09 Jun 08
2 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
1952 to 1977, grew up just down the street from Hollywood Park race track, then later moved just off Manchester and the San Diego Fwy, back when Randy's Donuts was still called The Big Donut.

t
Undutchable

was here

Moves
11 Jun 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Do you think he could win 'american idol'?
Or maybe they should tell him 'don't quit your day job'🙂
Im hoping they do tell him to quit his day job.
I'd feel better if he was a professional pop artist than him as the president of the US. I wouldn't feel safe, and we're supposed to be your allies.

The US are not a big war ship surrounded by ocean and foreign countries to conquer. That guy has no opinions. He knows one thing: there will me more wars!