1. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:20
    Is there valid proof for evolution? What about Creationism? *Is wondering what will come up here concerning these questions*

-Long-
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:25
    Originally posted by longken
    Is there valid proof for evolution? What about Creationism? *Is wondering what will come up here concerning these questions*

-Long-
    Do you want a "straight up" answer, or the answer you want to hear?
  3. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:27
    I like straight up answers. The truth is what i want to hear.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:30
    Really? Because in the Spirituality Forum you said this:

The funny part is that even evolution can not be proven. So in essence, it is, by definition, a religion. It just removes the possibility of a God in all interpretations of evidence.
  5. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:32
    And that changes anything? i still am looking for answers. so far i havent seen any evidence supporting it. is there any?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 05:342 edits
    And that changes anything? i still am looking for answers. so far i havent seen any evidence supporting it. is there any?
    It looks to me like what you really want is for us to admit we were wrong all along and you were right all along. There is no truth seeking here. You already know the answers you seek.

There is nothing science can present you with that would prove to you evolution is valid.

The fact it makes a whole lot of sense to hundreds of millions of people around the world makes no difference in your so-called seeking of truth.

In fact, your brainwashing by your religion just gets reinforced when people try to dissuade you so you end up discounting ANYTHING that shows creationism to be other than just a second or third hand myth thousands of years older than christianity.
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 08:11
    If you made the effort to look for the evidence, you will find plenty.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 10:431 edit
    Evolution:

1. There is a positive (though not perfect) correlation between the genetic code of parents and offspring.
    2. Some parents have more offspring than others

Therefore:
    3. The characteristics of the genetic code of the parents who have more offspring will be more prevalent in the next generation relative to those who have less offspring.

The evidence for 1 and 2 is overwhelming, even you won't deny that I imagine. 3 follows logically.
  9. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:372 edits
  10. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:451 edit
  11. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:46
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Evolution:

1. There is a positive (though not perfect) correlation between the genetic code of parents and offspring.
    2. Some parents have more offspring than others

Therefore:
    3. The characteristics of the genetic code of the parents who have more offspring will be more prevalent in the next generation relative to those who have less offspring.

T ...[text shortened]... hat I imagine. 3 follows logically.

isnt that micro evolution? or in other words adaptation?
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:49
    The truth, and the straight up answer, is that people who ask the kind of questions you ask do not understand science or religion well enough to understand either - and in most cases do not even want to.

Richard
  13. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:54
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The truth, and the straight up answer, is that people who ask the kind of questions you ask do not understand science or religion well enough to understand either - and in most cases do not even want to.

Richard
    ive kinda studying both at da moment.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 13:05
    So you believe in adaptation but not evolution?

😵
  15. Joined
    28 Jul '11
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 13:08
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So you believe in adaptation but not evolution?

😵
    do to the proof everywhere for adaptation, yes. adaptation hasnt changed any species to another or so i have seen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree