1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 07:292 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I did not claim that from your point of view my belief would be classified as magic.

To me magic implies man could do it.

In any case both of our beliefs are rooted in a belief in magic.
    I did not claim that from your point of view my belief would be classified as magic.

From ANYone's point of view who has accepted the normal meaning of the word 'magic', you believe in magic.
    Goddidit is magic. Goddidit means something happened that we know from natural law is impossible; that is magic by definition.

Then you are wrong and an idiot. Looking up the word magic in the English dictionary and came back to us.
    In any case both of our beliefs are rooted in a belief in magic

Nope; only yours. Saying something was created from nature and fully complying with all known natural laws of nature/physics is not magic else just about everything we see such as rainbows stars fire etc would have to be said to be magic. Looking up the word magic in the English dictionary and came back to us.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 07:31
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No.
    Men do not do magic.
    Nobody does.

That is Disney.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 07:35
    Originally posted by @humy
    possibly
    If amino acids are created in the lab, or proteins or viruses or bacteria.
    The god squad will turn around and say "You have not created life"

You could create a mouse from chemical elements and they still would not be impressed.

You could create a living human being and maybe (just maybe) they would say
    "That is one possibility, but equally plausible is that GODDIDIT"

You cannot win an argument against such ignorance.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 11:381 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    If amino acids are created in the lab, or proteins or viruses or bacteria.
    The god squad will turn around and say "You have not created life"
    Guess what! All those things have close-enough already been made in the lab (amino acids and live viruses completely so but 'partly' but not exactly so with bacteria but they are getting close with completely so and it is just a question of when. See https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-created-a-living-organism-with-the-smallest-genome-yet ) and the god squad have turn around and said "You have not created life". No amount of evidence is enough for them. No matter how much evidence is found against their religious beliefs, they demand more. If you made a time machine and used it to showed them evolution happening on Earth in the past, they will just say that must be a different Earth and they can always resort to Thursdayism and the omphalos hypothesis. (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis )
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 11:53
    Originally posted by @humy
    Guess what! All those things have close-enough already been made in the lab (amino acids and live viruses completely so but 'partly' but not exactly so with bacteria but they are getting close with completely so and it is just a question of when. See https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-created-a-living-organism-with-the-smallest-genome-yet ) an ...[text shortened]... hursdayism and the omphalos hypothesis. (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalos_hypothesis )
    Even though Omph is a crock of $hit.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 13:013 edits
    mispost

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree