Simple math, ancient Egypt:

Simple math, ancient Egypt:

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
31 Oct 17

Originally posted by @moonbus
True, but I wasn't referring to the quantity.
Yeah, I know. What you are referring to is a popularity contest of sorts.

E

Moves
31 Oct 17

Originally posted by @humy
4 more things you two have in common....

Like the Nazis, you are both delusional religious extremists intolerant of free thinking.

you both constantly lie about what we freethinkers think and believe.

you both deny any proven scientific fact that disproves any of your religious beliefs rather than like most Christians sensibly adapt you beliefs (rel ...[text shortened]... e) to the facts.

you both blame atheists for the kind of atrocities theists like yourself do.
You are the intolerant one here, not me.

I am not putting down your religious beliefs, just asking you to recognize a belief as a belief and not a fact.

Über-Nerd

Moves
31 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar

I am not putting down your religious beliefs, just asking you to recognize a belief as a belief and not a fact.
Perhaps you would clarify what you mean by "beliefs are beliefs." Do you mean that all beliefs are equivalent and equally valid?

h

Moves
31 Oct 17

I am not putting down your religious beliefs,.
I have no religious beliefs to put down.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Oct 17

Can you tell us what are facts and what are beliefs? For instance, can you stick your neck out and actually say, for instance, relativity is a belief not a fact? Or some other science? Evolution? Geology? radioactive dating methods, Carbon 14 dating, all beliefs not facts? Which ones are you calling beliefs?

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Nov 17

@Eladar

Is it a fact, or a belief for you, that the Earth goes round the sun and not v.v.?

E

Moves
01 Nov 17
1 edit

Perhaps you would clarify what you mean by "beliefs are beliefs." Do you mean that all beliefs are equivalent and equally valid?
Equally as valid? Of course not, my beliefs are true and yours are not.

But from a government's point of view, of course they should all be treated as equally valid. There is no place in government for declaring one belief superior to another.

E

Moves
02 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Can you tell us what are facts and what are beliefs? For instance, can you stick your neck out and actually say, for instance, relativity is a belief not a fact? Or some other science? Evolution? Geology? radioactive dating methods, Carbon 14 dating, all beliefs not facts? Which ones are you calling beliefs?
Tell me what radio dating is based upon?

Read a book!

Moves
02 Nov 17

When you tell someone they will die soon, is that a belief or a conjecture?

E

Moves
02 Nov 17

Originally posted by @handyandy
When you tell someone they will die soon, is that a belief or a conjecture?
When the person is 80 or so, only so many years can be expected. Such people have lived well past most of their years and the days appear to pass by all the faster.

Read a book!

Moves
02 Nov 17

When the person is 80 or so, only so many years can be expected. Such people have lived well past most of their years and the days appear to pass by all the faster.
Do you believe 80-year-olds need to be reminded that they should die soon?

Über-Nerd

Moves
02 Nov 17
3 edits

Gosh, all of them?

Eladar: "Tell me what radio dating is based upon?"

Radio dating is based on the premiss that when a boy radio and a girl radio go to the movies together and hold hands, sometimes a little baby radio happens.

(BTW, this is why governments should not be allowed to teach sex education in the schools, because telling kids about sex leads to abortions.)
</sarcasm>

h

Moves
02 Nov 17
2 edits

Tell me what radio dating is based upon?
what is "radio dating"? You can't even get the name right which hints on how little you know of it.

h

Moves
02 Nov 17
5 edits

So all your particular baseless irrational exact religious beliefs disproved by the vast body of scientific evidence are all true while any idiot, like Albert Einstein, that rationally believes the proof from the vast body of scientific evidence, i.e. believes the proven facts, has false beliefs by doing so.
Strange that.
You convince nobody here.
To convince a rational mind, you must reference EVIDENCE; mere hearsay doesn't ever do it. You fail and fail very badly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 17

@Eladar

Is it a fact, or a belief for you, that the Earth goes round the sun and not v.v.?
Very good question. Religion eludes to the meaning as science pertains to the mechanism. Is there a reason they should be mutually exclusive?