1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '20 18:34
    @humy said
    What? 'Most' people aren't aware that Einstein was NOT the one that invented calculus and Newtonian physics etc and would be so STUPID to also assume he was if he didn't explicitly say he wasn't? That's totally absurd. I guess what you call 'Most' people excludes all people that have had an education and also excludes all people that have an I.Q. greater than 70 and only include ...[text shortened]... and moronic person that would assume this and not sure if any such person exists anywhere on Earth.
    I never said anything about Newton or anything even related to it. You are intentionally digressing to avoid admitting you are wrong. You are not fooling anyone here.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Aug '20 18:522 edits
    @metal-brain said
    I never said anything about Newton
    That's completely irrelavent to what I just said. It doesn't matter whether you said he didn't give Newton or Lorentz or any other person credit; Same argument applies. Only a complete MORON would assume Einstein took credit for some other physicist's KNOWN work just because he didn't explicitly specifically say in his book he didn't do that physicist's KNOWN work! Your assertion makes NO sense whatsoever.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '20 19:04
    @humy said
    That's completely irrelavent to what I just said. It doesn't matter whether you said he didn't give Newton or Lorentz or any other person credit; Same argument applies. Only a complete MORON would assume Einstein took credit for some other physicist's KNOWN work just because he didn't explicitly specifically say in his book he didn't do that physicist's KNOWN work! Your assertion makes NO sense whatsoever.
    You have digressed into nonsensical garbage. I will let others judge. No reason for me to go further. Garbage is evident.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '20 21:09
    @Metal-Brain
    Einstein took that work to areas the rest of them didn't work out. The relativity precession of Mercury was explained by Einstein and NOBODY did that before him.
    All based on special and general relativity. He took the work to heights the rest of them never dreamed of and you do him disservice by suggesting anything else.
    YOU want to pick holes in Einstein and you and your buddies just refuse to admit he took relativity to places Poinciere never did. So take your troll work elsewhere.
    BTW Einstein also figured out the photoelectric effect which was the basis for his Nobel prize in 1921. You just want to tear down a good man, a genius so far above your mental abilities you are a maggot wiggling on a dead piece of meat compared to Einstein, or ANY of the great ones for that matter. You contribute NOTHING but conspiracy theories which are a dime a dozen. Tell me, how many people have been helped by your ridiculous conspiracy crap eh?
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:31
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Einstein took that work to areas the rest of them didn't work out. The relativity precession of Mercury was explained by Einstein and NOBODY did that before him.
    All based on special and general relativity. He took the work to heights the rest of them never dreamed of and you do him disservice by suggesting anything else.
    YOU want to pick holes in Einstein an ...[text shortened]... are a dime a dozen. Tell me, how many people have been helped by your ridiculous conspiracy crap eh?
    I didn't say Einstein didn't accomplish great things. In fact I said he did just like Edison did. They were both lying cads though. Einstein does not deserve to be famous for the equation E=mc2. He did not come up with it first. Perhaps Poincare didn't either.

Einstein should have given credit to Lorenz, instead he hogged all the credit for himself. Einstein was a narcissist. A brilliant narcissist, but still a narcissist.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:351 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    Ah, just like Trump but with real brains. Newton was an assshole too and everyone knew that but he changed the course of civilization and science. So get off the 'Einstein was a bad man bit, just look at what they accomplish, not whether someone a hundred years ago was a dipshyte.
    You want to dis people, do it about PRESENT dipshytes like Trump. He is causing actual harm to the US, and tell me, despite your hatred of Einstein, what did he do negatively to the world and compare that to the actual damage Trump has already caused to the US and our rep overseas.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 14:46
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Ah, just like Trump but with real brains. Newton was an assshole too and everyone knew that but he changed the course of civilization and science. So get off the 'Einstein was a bad man bit, just look at what they accomplish, not whether someone a hundred years ago was a dipshyte.
    You want to dis people, do it about PRESENT dipshytes like Trump. He is causing ...[text shortened]... world and compare that to the actual damage Trump has already caused to the US and our rep overseas.
    "Newton was an assshole too and everyone knew that"

What is your source of information? Perhaps people didn't like being corrected when they were wrong and resented him for merely pointing out the truth.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 16:11
    @Metal-Brain
    You don't get out much do you? Try researching it yourself for a change.
    I made a true statement, Newton was not a nice guy. He was paranoid in the extreme and used his position of power to castigate rivals like Leibniz and others.
    He removed references to other folks work in Principia and other things not worthy of the man, and of course Newton permanently changed the history of science.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 17:132 edits
    @Metal-Brain

Please have the minimal decency to at least actually bother to read something about the topic BEFORE you comment about it. Failure to do so just makes you look bad for nothing.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '20 23:04
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You don't get out much do you? Try researching it yourself for a change.
    I made a true statement, Newton was not a nice guy. He was paranoid in the extreme and used his position of power to castigate rivals like Leibniz and others.
    He removed references to other folks work in Principia and other things not worthy of the man, and of course Newton permanently changed the history of science.
    What is your source of information?
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 07:02
    @metal-brain said
    What is your source of information?
    what is yours?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 11:38
    @humy said
    what is yours?
    I didn't make a claim for a need for a source of information. I am asking for one because I don't believe him. I think he is misinformed. That would explain why he has failed to provide his source.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 18:37
    @metal-brain said
    I didn't make a claim for a need for a source of information. I am asking for one because I don't believe him.
    You contradict yourself;
    You ARE making a claim by saying "I don't believe him" and specifically the claim that what he says is wrong.
    What is your source of information that what he says is wrong?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 19:24
    @humy said
    You contradict yourself;
    You ARE making a claim by saying "I don't believe him" and specifically the claim that what he says is wrong.
    What is your source of information that what he says is wrong?
    Nope. I don't need a source. I didn't make the claim. The burden is on those who make the claim to prove it. You are resorting to the illogical expectation that I prove a negative. Unreasonable. All I asked for was his source of information. He failed to provide one. He probably repeated gossip from a BS source. He has failed to back up his BS claim.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Sep '20 19:29
    @metal-brain said
    Nope. I don't need a source. I didn't make the claim.
    How is saying "I don't believe him" NOT a claim that what he says is wrong?
    You made a claim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree