The importance of teaching Science in schools

The importance of teaching Science in schools

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Jul 10

so that nobody is stupid enough to buy this!

Skinny Water® has no sugar and no calories. It is marketed by Skinny Nutritional Corp.

http://www.skinnywater.co.uk/

UNBELIEVABLE!

F

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by wolfgang59

Skinny Water® has no sugar and no calories. It is marketed by Skinny Nutritional Corp.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Acording to the their front page, their target of the commersials are women. Do they think women are stupid?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
03 Jul 10

Seems like a seed product for a consumer cult.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Jul 10

Unless I am mistaken, the sales of bottled water nearly exceeds the sales of softdrinks.
People are stupid.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Unless I am mistaken, the sales of bottled water nearly exceeds the sales of softdrinks.
People are stupid.
Why is that stupid? In general, I prefer to drink water over any soft drink.

F

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
I prefer to drink water with a modest prize over a water with some additives with a high price.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I prefer to drink water with a modest prize over a water with some additives with a high price.
That's not what twhitehead said. Fabian missed the point again. 😵

F

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

That's not what twhitehead said. Fabian missed the point again. 😵
I understood him perfectly. I just gave another thought behind:

Some put a healthy additive in it, worth a millicent of value, and sells it as healthy water but a good deal more expensive. People buy it. Some get rich, som doesn't get healthier. That's how it works.

I have a good tap water, worth a cent a litre. Some buy a litre of bottled water for an Euro a litre. With 'healthy' additives they buy it for two or even three Euro a litre. I'm happy with my tap water.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

I understood him perfectly. I just gave another thought behind:

Some put a healthy additive in it, worth a millicent of value, and sells it as healthy water but a good deal more expensive. People buy it. Some get rich, som doesn't get healthier. That's how it works.

I have a good tap water, worth a cent a litre. Some buy a litre of bottled water for thy' additives they buy it for two or even three Euro a litre. I'm happy with my tap water.
So, basically, you quoted the wrong post. Nice of you to clear that up. Better luck next time on your quoting.

F

Moves
03 Jul 10
1 edit

So, basically, you quoted the wrong post. Nice of you to clear that up. Better luck next time on your quoting.
I quoted your posting. I intended to do that. Don't you like to be quoted?

Cape Town

Moves
03 Jul 10

But you can usually get water from your tap essentially for free. By buying it bottled, you are spending more than you need to, causing pollution, waste etc. And if you prefer water to soft drinks, the same could be said when you buy a soft drink.

P

weedhopper

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
People are stupid.
There are reasons to buy bottled water other than stupidly believing that it is somehow better than water from one's tap. Not all buyers of bottled water are stupid.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Jul 10

I have a good tap water, worth a cent a litre. Some buy a litre of bottled water for an Euro a litre. With 'healthy' additives they buy it for two or even three Euro a litre. I'm happy with my tap water.
I think most people are more concerned about the 'bad' additives in tap water. Some though are convinced that there are special minerals etc in bottled water.

P

weedhopper

Moves
03 Jul 10

UNBELIEVABLE!
This is the funniest ad I've ever seen. It used to be Jolt cola--remember? "All the sugar and TWICE the caffeine!"

Cape Town

Moves
03 Jul 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
There are reasons to buy bottled water other than stupidly believing that it is somehow better than water from one's tap. Not all buyers of bottled water are stupid.
In some cases, yes, but I suspect that in the vast majority of cases, no.
Lets discuss it. What reasons can you suggest for people buying bottled water?