1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 18:46
    @Eladar
    You could have just said you are an amateur scientist or some such.

So you personally know nothing more than anyone else here.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 18:50
    @eladar said
    I would agree that experts have a conflict of interest if they have ties with big pharm.
    What's your point?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 23:26
    @wildgrass said
    What's your point?
    My point is that people did use vitamin D and good nutrient levels to combat covid and that dropped death rates significantly, the experts would be out a lot of money.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 23:26
    @wildgrass
    His point is he doesn't believe in science, only in right wing publications agreeing with his POV.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 23:33
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass
    His point is he doesn't believe in science, only in right wing publications agreeing with his POV.
    What science has been done on the emergency high level vitamin D load and 10k a day after that?

The answer, no science.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 07:371 edit
    YouTube

Its an hour long video and I don't expect many if any people to watch the whole thing but if anyone is interested in the considerable but still non-conclusive research into the possibility of a causal connection between vit D deficiency and covid deaths, there it is.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 12:42
    @humy
    Does it say anything about what a good level of D is in the blood?

I thought I saw 100 nl/ml or some such.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 13:283 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @humy
    Does it say anything about what a good level of D is in the blood?

I thought I saw 100 nl/ml or some such.
    at 12.40 mins into the video it shows a table that suggests between 51 and 70 ng/ml of D in the blood is 'optimum'. Don't know in this case of how to convert that ng to nl. But I don't really know how scientifically valid that estimate is or exactly what that is based on.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:40
    @eladar said
    My point is that people did use vitamin D and good nutrient levels to combat covid and that dropped death rates significantly, the experts would be out a lot of money.
    I think it's a fair assumption that VitD is good for you.

Your point is that the experts would be out a lot of money? Then why are we running multiple multi-million $ clinical trials? Why is there so much research ongoing in this area? It seems that if your point were taken, then the entire point of the multiple clinical trials and ongoing mechanistic studies are disprove the importance of VitD that we all already generally know to be important for human health? Seems like a weird way to go about it. If it were me, and I were the 'expert' who didn't want anyone to know how good VitD was for you, I would not waste money with clinical trials.

I think understanding the mechanism will be very important. It is unclear to me whether VitD levels as understood in these studies is a causal factor or an indicator of poor overall nutrition and health. If the latter, it would still be useful to identify higher risk individuals.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 18:58
    @wildgrass
    Why? Because there is money to be made. Billionaires are being created out of this research.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 19:08
    @Eladar

You're not making sense. Your earlier post said they'd be out a lot of money.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 19:38
    @wildgrass said
    @Eladar

You're not making sense. Your earlier post said they'd be out a lot of money.
    By doing it wrong to prove to you vitamin D is no solution.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 22:26
    @humy
    My mistake, it was nanograms I saw originally.
    But I saw 100, not 70 or 80.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 22:37
    100 ng/mil is a top end level that is still totally safe.

80 is the top number I have seen for a good Vitamin D level.

But what I do not see is vitamin D supplementation based on a person's size. Anyone doing supplementation study needs to base the stats on Vitamin D in the body.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 01:16
    @Eladar
    That should not be done by pharmacies, that should be done by doctors and lab test results.
    I must have been low because my doc put me on 50K of D for a couple of weeks then titrated down but I have not had a subsequent D level test so don't know the efficacy of that regime.

But it sounds like you have an ax to grind against big pharm in general.
    And in some cases you are right, the opioid crisis is one big one, and now even Walmart is in trouble for being in there pushing this deadly drug.

My wife almost died from Oxy, she told her pain doc, actually just a PA that the oxy she used, a 6 hour and 12 hour taken apart, was not working so he said double the dose. That resulted in her passing in and out of consciousness and ambulance had to take her to hospital and she was on narcan to counter the huge overdose that stupid PA told her to take.
    She literally almost died.
    That was very close and now she has stopped taking all that crap and the pain is no worse or no better without those drugs.
    We have started the process of switching pain clinics since that near disaster.
    Even getting her medical records is a pain in the ass. Two separate agencies have different records and we had to submit a series of forms just to get the release of medical records to the new clinic.

Jeesus, when I was a kid, a doc wanted medical records, he calls up records division and says, give me the records on Mark Mork and they just fax or send them with no questions asked. Now it is a huge problem with overreacting about privacy issues and a big deal when asking for medical records.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree