1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 17:53
    @eladar said
    It is a foul tasting fruit used in Asia and the Pacific islands for medicinal purposes. It does well for pain relief.

I take it in capsule form, not juice.
    Sorry I might have missed it. What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 19:26
    @wildgrass said
    Sorry I might have missed it. What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?
    It has to do with big pharm having no problem destroying lives, even causing deaths, to turn a buck.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 20:267 edits
    @eladar said
    It has to do with big pharm having no problem destroying lives, even causing deaths, to turn a buck.
    His question was "What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?".
    Can you show any evidence of any big pharm trying to make a buck specifically out of opioids and then specifically causing covid deaths by making doctors over-prescribe opioids to covid patients rather than letting the doctor decide dosage? If so, show a weblink that refers to such an incident and also explain exactly how they managed to make a doctor cause such covid death, as opposed to a non-covid death, and specifically from making a doctor over-prescribing opioids? Did they tell a doctor "prescribe X dosage of opioid Y to covid patients" when they knew that X was too high for that? If so, can you show evidence of that? If not, you have no bases for such a claim. Even if a patient was killed by a drag made by a pharm company, that pharm company cannot be blamed if a doctor kills the patient by not sticking to the recommended dose of that drug but instead over-prescribes. If that wasn't true then by the same logic a pharm company that makes aspirin is to blame for people that over-dose with aspirin and a matchbox manufacture must be to blame every time you burn yourself.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 20:46
    @humy said
    His question was "What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?".
    Can you show any evidence of any big pharm trying to make a buck specifically out of opioids and then specifically causing covid deaths by making doctors over-prescribe opioids to covid patients rather than letting the doctor decide dosage? If so, show a weblink that refers to such an ...[text shortened]... kills the patient by not sticking to the recommended dose of that drug but instead over-prescribes.
    Big Pharm was found guilty of creating drug dependencies in the state of Oklahoma and was forced to pay damages.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/26/754481268/judge-in-opioid-trial-rules-johnson-johnson-must-pay-oklahoma-572-million
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 20:532 edits
    @eladar said
    Big Pharm was found guilty of creating drug dependencies in the state of Oklahoma and was forced to pay damages.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/26/754481268/judge-in-opioid-trial-rules-johnson-johnson-must-pay-oklahoma-572-million
    which is irrelevant to my question because it doesn't even mention the words 'covid' or 'coronavirus' in that article.
    I also should point out that even if the Pharm did cause a covid death via opioid then that doesn't mean opioids cannot be ever used responsibly nor that we should never make or use them. ANY med can be misused; that's not a reason to reject it. The answer is to stop the misuse, not the med.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 20:54
    @humy said
    which is irrelevant to my question because it doesn't even mention the words 'covid' or 'coronavirus' in that article.
    Are you really that simple?
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 20:56
    @eladar said
    Are you really that simple?
    Are you really that obtuse?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:01
    @humy
    No, I am simply having a rational discussion, while you are having an irrational discussion. This makes you that simple.

I demonstrated a documented behavior of being found guilty of producing and misleading doctors and people how safe opioid drugs are. It is the behavior that I have documented.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:031 edit
    @eladar said
    If I understand correctly, the assertion is that VitD deficiency causes death due to COVID. If only the people knew that, they would take more VitD and no one would ever die from COVID. Big pharm knows about this but doesn't want anyone else to know, because then they would make less money because VitD supplements are modestly less expensive than a vaccine. So, in order to bury the possibility that there was a cheaper treatment out there, they set up a bunch of very expensive clinical trials led by experts who are all on the dole to test the role of VitD in COVID. These experts were handsomely paid to purposefully design the trials ineffectively to show that VitD did not protect against COVID, thus proving that their slightly more expensive vaccine was a better strategy.

Am I getting it right? Is the man going to do this for all nutrients?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:121 edit
    @wildgrass said
    If I understand correctly, the assertion is that VitD deficiency causes death due to COVID. If only the people knew that, they would take more VitD and no one would ever die from COVID. Big pharm knows about this but doesn't want anyone else to know, because then they would make less money because VitD supplements are modestly less expensive than a vaccine. So, in order to ...[text shortened]... cine was a better strategy.

Am I getting it right? Is the man going to do this for all nutrients?
    Why do you intentionally misrepresent what I have said?

If people would get their vitamin D levels up we could decrease the death rate by about 87 percent.

Really the death rate is nothing like death rates of the terrible pandemics of yester year. If you factor in an 87 percent reduction, the death rate becomes nothing new for a flu season.

But this information cannot be made known and must be proven wrong by bad studies so the big pharm can cash in on this event.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:14
    @eladar said
    @humy

I demonstrated a documented behavior of being found guilty of producing and misleading doctors and people how safe opioid drugs are. It is the behavior that I have documented.
    His question was "What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?"
    NOT "What do opioids have to do with ANY kind of deaths?".
    Thus your document is irrelevant.

And, in addition, are you implying all opioids are bad and should be banned just because someone caused harmful opioid misuse?
    If so, then by the same 'logic' if someone causes harmful misuse of antibiotics then all antibiotics are bad and should be banned and them millions of people would die of diseases that would normally be cured by them.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:181 edit
    @eladar said

If people would get their vitamin D levels up we could decrease the death rate by about 87 percent.
    This may or may not be true but we don't yet rationally know this because we only know of the correlation for sure, not yet the causation.
    And just because some big corrupt pharm says its false doesn't mean it isn't false; this can only be determined by science.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:19
    @humy said
    His question was "What do opioids have to do with COVID deaths?"
    NOT "What do opioids have to do with ANY kind of deaths?".
    Thus your document is irrelevant.

And, in addition, are you implying all opioids are bad and should be banned just because someone caused harmful opioid misuse?
    If so, then by the same 'logic' if someone causes harmful misu ...[text shortened]... ld be banned and them millions of people would die of diseases that would normally be cured by them.
    I answered the question. Perhaps you need to go back and read what I wrote a few times until you get it.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:201 edit
    @eladar said
    I answered the question. Perhaps you need to go back and read what I wrote a few times until you get it.
    Perhaps you need to go back and read what I wrote a few times of "which is irrelevant to my question because it doesn't even mention the words 'covid' or 'coronavirus' in that article." until you get it.

And you haven't answered by question of;
    "are you implying all opioids are bad and should be banned just because someone caused harmful opioid misuse? "
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 21:21
    @humy said
    This may or may not be true but we don't yet rationally know this because we only know of the correlation for sure, not yet the causation.
    And just because some big corrupt pharm says its false doesn't mean it isn't false; this can only be determined by science.
    Lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree