* New beta test sign up

* New beta test sign up

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by Aiko
Fallen off a truck?
No matey!

Just would like to use my PSP for RHPing even if it is a little bit behind on the wireless technology front so it has to stick to the "b" standard.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
25 Nov 05
1 edit

Russ,

When searching forum posts by author, I found that I couldn't access more pages of posts. Only one page was available, and there were no links to other pages.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
25 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wheely
OK, here you go. You can change the way the PSP renders pages. You can have it render them normally and you just move the page around with the "joystick" or you can get it to "just fit" which rearranges things a bit but does quite well. The last two shots show the different ways of rendering the page.

The shots have lost a bit in converting to jpeg ...[text shortened]... .co.uk/gallery/dsc_0013web.jpg
http://www.wheely.demon.co.uk/gallery/dsc_0014web.jpg

Regards
I hate you 😉

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
25 Nov 05

I am receiving a message that states that RHP is illegally using this website www.mad-sky.com
the message says the following

You are receiving this message because a part of this website is illegally using my bandwidth. Please contact your administrator so that this can be corrected! Once the hotlinked image is removed, this message will go away.

I hadn't seen this before.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Nov 05

Originally posted by KJCavalier
I am receiving a message that states that RHP is illegally using this website www.mad-sky.com

You are receiving this message because a part of this website is illegally using my bandwidth. Please contact your administrator so that this can be corrected! Once the hotlinked image is removed, this message will go away.

This is happening on the non-beta servers too so isn't related to this test. Best not to type any password in my view.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Nov 05

Originally posted by KJCavalier

Actually, my guess is that it might be Chakans avatar that is causing the problem.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 Nov 05

Originally posted by Aiko
Nope, that is not happening. All links I have clicked (links to other threads or to tournaments and such) were servered at the beta5 location. I seems to happen just very often, hard to notice now when it was caused. But for what I have noticed, the few times it happened, it occured when switching between the primary folders /board, /clan, /tournament...
I have noticed this happens when some icons (at least RHP icons, not just pictures of avatars servered somewhere else), such as the 'quick archive icon' on the My Games page, don't get loaded (while other RHP icons do). Then I need to re-enter the password for the beta5 server. The icons that don't load seem to vary, not just a specific type.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Nov 05

OK, here you go. You can change the way the PSP renders pages. You can have it render them normally and you just move the page around with the "joystick" or you can get it to "just fit" which rearranges things a bit but does quite well. The last two shots show the different ways of rendering the page.

The shots have lost a bit in converting to jpeg ...[text shortened]... .co.uk/gallery/dsc_0013web.jpg
http://www.wheely.demon.co.uk/gallery/dsc_0014web.jpg

Regards
That is really cool! Which browser is this using? I am quite amazed it works, to be honest.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Nov 05
1 edit

Wheely, I am back working on the board code now, and this includes more variable sizes for boards. But even so, much as I would like to, I can't accept your offer. That is a seriously expensive bit of kit!

-Russ

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
Wheely, I am back working on the board code now, and this includes more variable sizes for boards. But even so, much as I would like to, I can't accept your offer. That is a seriously expensive bit of kit!

-Russ
I thought he was offering one, so it is free. Thought it was quite generous...

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
25 Nov 05

-Russ
Accept it and then give it as a prize to a sponsored tournament or something. Just an idea.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Nov 05
1 edit

That is really cool! Which browser is this using? I am quite amazed it works, to be honest.

-Russ
I have no idea what the browser is. If I were to make a guess, I'd say it was based on Safari or possibly even the khtml libraries if they are still in use because it seems to render in a very similar manner to Konqueror.

The browser does run out of memory if you forget that things like the analyze board are drawn in a new tab (yes, the browser supports tabs) and don't close those tabs and it doesn't support flash or java (hooray!!)

Still, it's very usable as a portable device.

The fact that it works so well is testament to the coding quality of this site in my view.

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Nov 05

-Russ
I understand Russ but if you want to swap one for a couple of years subscription just message me the shipping address.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Nov 05

I have no idea what the browser is. If I were to make a guess, I'd say it was based on Safari or possibly even the khtml libraries if they are still in use because it seems to render in a very similar manner to Konqueror.

The browser does run out of memory if you forget that things like the analyze board are drawn in a new tab (yes, the browser supports ...[text shortened]... e.

The fact that it works so well is testament to the coding quality of this site in my view.
Is that web browser installed out of the box? I could research this on the web myself of course, but I am lazy. 🙂

-Russ

W
Instant Buzz

C#minor

Moves
25 Nov 05

Is that web browser installed out of the box? I could research this on the web myself of course, but I am lazy. 🙂

-Russ
Yes, though I upgraded to firmware version 2.5 before actually trying the web browser so can't confirm if it was as good with the 2.01 version it came with.

One disadvantage of upgrading to 2.5 is that nobody has yet worked out a way of taking advantage of the buffer overflow hole in the tiff library to allow "homebrew" applications to run or to allow downgrading of the firmware but no doubt that won't be too long in coming 🙂