1. UK
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 11:34
    Originally posted by Russ
    Oh, and if any additional people would like to test the beta, just post here, and I will get you signed up.

-Russ
    I'd be happy to test.

I use IE 6 on xp sp2 or Opera 8.51
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 09:35
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I'd be happy to test.

mrmist, I'll send you the details. Check your messages.

We are 99% happy now that all is well, and we are now trying to decide on a date for release. Even so, more people using it is still beneficial even at this late stage.

The reasons why the list of beta testers are not shown is because this test is slightly different to previous tests, in that we are using a different server and I don't need to conditionally use code depending on if a user is a beta tester, as I would normally. But I will mention all who helped in the site announcements forum on go live.

The new board code is coming on now, and so a new test will start almost immediately after this one finishes, but I'll start a new thread for that at the appropriate time.

Cheers all,

-Russ
  3. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 09:56
    mrmist, I'll send you the details. Check your messages.

We are 99% happy now that all is well, and we are now trying to decide on a date for release. Even so, more people using it is still beneficial even at this late stage.

The reasons why the list of beta testers are not shown is because this test is slightly different to previous tests, in that we a ...[text shortened]... finishes, but I'll start a new thread for that at the appropriate time.

Cheers all,

-Russ
    Whats the 1%?
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 10:11
    The performance on a 'loaded' server. (Lots of genuine active users)

-Russ
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 13:09
    I'd be happy to test.

Please take my seat.

I switched back to www.redhotpawn.com and left beta5.redhotpawn.com because of the constant verification window I get, where I must enter the username and password when an icon is not loading well each and every time (and it happens very often). The option to memorize the log in data does not work on my main working machine running Mac OS 10.3.9 with Safari 1.3.1.

I spent a week at my parents house last week on an older computer running the newer Mac OS 10.4.something with a newer Safari (don't know the version, 1.4?) which gives me no problem at all. So I guess it is a browser thing at my side for a part. But now I am back at my own home (and I refuse to run Mac OS 10.4 on this machine) getting confronted with the log in option nagging at me.

I would be happy to do any further testing, but not via the beta5 server please.
  6. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 17:10
    Just thaught I should give an update; I've not had any problem since I started using the new server.

--Mike
  7. UK
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 17:50
    is the flickering of the icons in the icon menu bar on rollover to be expected ? They all briefly blink out of existence for a short time when the mouse enters and leaves them.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:07
    Originally posted by MRoberts
    Just thaught I should give an update; I've not had any problem since I started using the new server.

--Mike
    Thanks for the update.

-Russ
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:08
    is the flickering of the icons in the icon menu bar on rollover to be expected ? They all briefly blink out of existence for a short time when the mouse enters and leaves them.
    Do you see this on the beta machine, but not the original RHP?

-Russ
  10. UK
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 20:28
    Do you see this on the beta machine, but not the original RHP?

-Russ
    That's right, it's only on the beta server that it happens, and it's consistent across all the pages with the icon menu.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Dec '05 09:47
    To avoid ruining my Christmas day, I have decided to leave releasing this until at least the 27th of Dec. (The site is less loaded during this period too.) I can then start 2006 fire fighting any problems should they crop up.

-Russ
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 22:25
    27th is going to be the day. 9am GMT - a prolonged outage will take place.

-Russ
  13. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    26 Dec '05 05:302 edits
    Here's a question, why is there no tournament I.D. #1?
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 12:56
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Here's a question, why is there no tournament I.D. #1?
    I deleted it, it was a test anyway.

-Russ
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 12:57
    Thanks again to all who helped.

This process is now complete, but the new board code which needs a beta team will be available early in the New Year.

-Russ

*Thread closed * 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree